Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Tournament Preparation - HELP

Go down 
+6
jmj25
jferg23
sgibs
ZFarls
jerkypatty
J Blanco in LBK
10 posters
AuthorMessage
J Blanco in LBK

J Blanco in LBK

Tournament Preparation - HELP Empty
PostSubject: Tournament Preparation - HELP   Tournament Preparation - HELP EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 3:54 pm

What's up everyone?

I have a local tournament coming up and i need some help preparing for it. It's a Texas Tech tournament sponsored by the Rec center, gonna be next Tuesday March 2nd. There will be between 16 and 32 people in it. Anyways, they use some different rules and I need to get ready.

Rules are:
3 min quarters(early rounds), 5 min. quarters (semi's and final)
NO UPDATED DEPTH CHARTS
You can't make changes to the depth chart.
All madden
game speed normal

So basically anything is fair game i.e. QB draws, HB direct, punt block, fg block, fake punt, etc.
I'm not sure if you can set audibles before the game or not, I will at least pause and put the 3 deep under from goaline as a defensive audible so I can use the goaline D setups. Is there patches that won't be in effect due to the game being default from launch day?

I'm going to be using the Giants, washington offense pb, tennessee defensive playbook.

I plan to just make substitutions from the play call screen and use packages to get around the no depth chart rule.

This weekend I am going to do a madden bootcamp which is just playing a lot of games in a row. I'll most likely do it friday night. Would some of you guys be able to play me so I can practice against good competition? I want to run some 3 min games to get better at the clock management, and also setting up my defenses quickly. Also want to get some feedback of my strengths and weaknesses. If you want to play me just post your xbox gamertag on here and when you can play. Send me a friend request, my xbox gt is : J Blanco in LBK

I'm pretty sure most of the people that are going to be at this tournament aren't that good, like don't know about rocket catch, nanos, turbos, or anything like that. I should be able to lock this thing up.

Thanks, any advice appreciated!
Back to top Go down
jerkypatty

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Preparation - HELP   Tournament Preparation - HELP EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 4:05 pm

hit me up, gt is jerkypatty
Back to top Go down
ZFarls
Admin
ZFarls

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Preparation - HELP   Tournament Preparation - HELP EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 4:11 pm

Make sure to sub in alot using formation audibles. Watch out for NE Playbook with the HB direct snap (we have a D on youtube for it)

Watch out for glitchy draws and other stuff. HB slants should be good and the flats are still as broken as they were pre patch. Trying to think of the best team, hmm?
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Preparation - HELP   Tournament Preparation - HELP EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 4:19 pm

If I were you...

NE book.

Titans
HB direct snap
And QB draw all game
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
jferg23

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Preparation - HELP   Tournament Preparation - HELP EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 6:28 pm

exactly ne book.
Back to top Go down
jmj25

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Preparation - HELP   Tournament Preparation - HELP EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 6:42 pm

I'll help you out. Gt: jmj26 I'm available friday night.
Back to top Go down
DeMarshun

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Preparation - HELP   Tournament Preparation - HELP EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 11:30 pm

u on PS3? And why won't they allow changes to your depth chart?
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Preparation - HELP   Tournament Preparation - HELP EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 11:36 pm

No changes to depth chart is lame =( I bet if you use NE with QB Draw/Direct Snap, people will get pissed at you lol
Back to top Go down
J Blanco in LBK

J Blanco in LBK

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Preparation - HELP   Tournament Preparation - HELP EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 2:05 am

I know, its so dumb. I think it is because their xboxs dont have hard drives or xbox live to download the new rosters. and they think people will put in receivers for quarterback or something like that. The tournament is on Xbox 360 so I want to practice only on that even tho I have access to a ps3. Its gonna be a bunch of randies. At least there's gonna be prizes from Under Armour!
Back to top Go down
J Blanco in LBK

J Blanco in LBK

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Preparation - HELP   Tournament Preparation - HELP EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 3:03 pm

good game yesterday jerky, got me 14-10, i learned a lot playing against you

i need to expand my shotgun offense because that A gap heat really forces you away from undercenter.

can ya'll suggest some plays or tactics (i use washington pb)? i guess i need to use split slot and flip trips more, leave RB's in to block, and attack the middle where the blitz is coming from, or is that the best way to go about it? can't really roll out very good with eli manning. i noticed the HB slip screen was effective against "coverage D", is a HB draw also good against coverage? i just don't know if a draw can get you 10+ yards on a 3rd and long

my defense kept me in the game and forced 3 turnovers, i just need to get more setups from the same formations and disguise better.

thanks guys
Back to top Go down
J Blanco in LBK

J Blanco in LBK

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Preparation - HELP   Tournament Preparation - HELP EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 7:56 pm

Ok guys, day one of the tournament was yesterday which was pool play. I won my first game 44-0, had like 3 pick 6's (yes even on 3 min qtrs lol). Had a tough 2nd game, won 10-7. It's so frustrating because they're not good, they just play so basic that I'm not used to seeing anyone play like that anymore. The toughest part is the sketchiness of the rules, so I didn't have any audibles set on Offense or Defense. The deafult audibles are TERRIBLE. Bracket play is tomorrow.

Questions: without audibles is there a good way to get speed on the field to run the goaline defense?
it seems like everyone is just running a lot of zone and rushing 3 or 4. Very basic. I think I'm just going to run a lot of Gun Split Slot. 689 hook and whatnot. Also, the Near Pro Toss works so well because no one really makes adjustments on defense. I found myself abusing it and not running an offense because they couldn't stop it, felt kinda bad.

Also, what is the best way to get oustide heat from the 4-4? I can run the monster green to get A gap heat, but I was having trouble with outside.

Gonna have to step it up tomorrow
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Preparation - HELP   Tournament Preparation - HELP EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 8:08 pm

J Blanco in LBK wrote:
Ok guys, day one of the tournament was yesterday which was pool play. I won my first game 44-0, had like 3 pick 6's (yes even on 3 min qtrs lol). Had a tough 2nd game, won 10-7. It's so frustrating because they're not good, they just play so basic that I'm not used to seeing anyone play like that anymore. The toughest part is the sketchiness of the rules, so I didn't have any audibles set on Offense or Defense. The deafult audibles are TERRIBLE. Bracket play is tomorrow.

Questions: without audibles is there a good way to get speed on the field to run the goaline defense?
it seems like everyone is just running a lot of zone and rushing 3 or 4. Very basic. I think I'm just going to run a lot of Gun Split Slot. 689 hook and whatnot. Also, the Near Pro Toss works so well because no one really makes adjustments on defense. I found myself abusing it and not running an offense because they couldn't stop it, felt kinda bad.

Also, what is the best way to get oustide heat from the 4-4? I can run the monster green to get A gap heat, but I was having trouble with outside.

Gonna have to step it up tomorrow

It will be hard to get good speed on the field without audibles.
Check and see if you can have one audible lol... that sucks man. Try to use the Cowboys or something.. they have a fast D and good O.. not much you can do without audibles / depth chart movement.
Back to top Go down
beotos

beotos

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Preparation - HELP   Tournament Preparation - HELP EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 8:20 pm

Use the raiders, you got DHB, Darrick Brown, and Jeff Garcia who can get it done.
Back to top Go down
kamikazefireball

kamikazefireball

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Preparation - HELP   Tournament Preparation - HELP EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 8:27 pm

I believe there's a LB Ends package in Goal Line you can use to make the Goal Line D a little better. If you wanna play a game, hit me up, I'm on PS3 though. PSN: kamikazefireball
Back to top Go down
J Blanco in LBK

J Blanco in LBK

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Preparation - HELP   Tournament Preparation - HELP EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 11:05 pm

I actually did lab the raiders some today. It seemed like the other running back breaks a lot of tackles against them, but yeah they do have serious speed. Haha its funny that Jeff Garcia is still on the roster. I was checking the subs you can do from the playcall screen and I was able to put Huff and one of the other safeties at OLB in the 4-4 and move Howard to MLB. Then you got the lockdown corners on the outside. I might just play with them and risk it... And since the rosters are default DMC's carry is still 80. Lorenzo neal is the FB too
I'm just gonna ask the other player if they want to do audibles, at least they would be at the same disadvantage as me w/o them

If I don't win I'm DONE lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Preparation - HELP   Tournament Preparation - HELP Empty

Back to top Go down

Tournament Preparation - HELP
Page 1 of 1