Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

This week's Fact or Fiction

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

This week's Fact or Fiction Empty
PostSubject: This week's Fact or Fiction   This week's Fact or Fiction EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 1:05 am

Is there anyway you can revisit this?

The big thing that I didn't see was do the actual Run Block/Pass block ratings matter.
I don't think they do. The only thing I think that matters is their speed. If they are fast enough they can recover faster.

The thing is that I'm not sure that the highest speed lineman, which I think is like 75-79, Joe Thomas?.. I don't think even he would make that big of a different in recovering. I saw that you put the guys at 99 speed, but would it matter if their speed was only 79?

Please please please re-visit this. I mean I could do it, but I don't want to edit my stuff because I did the depth charts for 15 teams the other day, and I don't want to re-do them lol.

So set the Patriots line to 99 speed, but their pass block/run block ratings to 12.
My prediction is that the run/block ratings don't matter. Especially on All-Madden.
Back to top Go down
ZFarls
Admin
ZFarls

PostSubject: Re: This week's Fact or Fiction   This week's Fact or Fiction EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 10:13 am

something to investigate for sure, if I get a chance this weekend I will try it out!

The only problem is, it would prove sgibs stupid theory about drafting the fastest lineman available even when they are a 50 overall. I dont like to encourage his random madden habits!
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
WFColonel56

WFColonel56

PostSubject: Re: This week's Fact or Fiction   This week's Fact or Fiction EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 4:57 pm

I believe that the run block/footwork do matter...Try running with ATL then run with the Bucs...

And I think that the pass footwork rating matters to cus some of my nanos dnt get in when i play PHI...I havent cheaked their ratings but that has always seemed strange 2 me

I think that Pass STR dnt matter
Back to top Go down
http://www.wfcolonelswarroom.com
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: This week's Fact or Fiction   This week's Fact or Fiction EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 1:25 am

ZFarls wrote:
something to investigate for sure, if I get a chance this weekend I will try it out!

The only problem is, it would prove sgibs stupid theory about drafting the fastest lineman available even when they are a 50 overall. I dont like to encourage his random madden habits!

Hahaha, yeah it would prove his theory =P

My theory is that no ratings matter for run block/pass block.. no stats matter.. no stats matter when your lineman are holding their hands up and spinning in circles trying to find someone to block.

I don't believe man/zone coverage ratings work either because I put Darius Heyward-Bey at CB and he was defending as well as Asomugha.. I've done it a lot.. and they still do better than slower CBs. In a franchise I was in, I put Allen Rossum at my 2nd CB position.. he was a beast.. He picked off two passes in 4 games.
I also had Justin Miller at CB.. he picked off 1 pass.

In that franchise, there was only 4 people.
I had ALL 95+ speed CBs and ALL 95+ speed WRs

OVR ratings were mostly 50s~ .. I had D-Jax though..
All the WRs performed well too.
Dexter Jackson had a special teams TD on a fumble recovery. lol

WFColonel56 wrote:
I believe that the run block/footwork do matter...Try running with ATL then run with the Bucs...

And I think that the pass footwork rating matters to cus some of my nanos dnt get in when i play PHI...I havent cheaked their ratings but that has always seemed strange 2 me

lol welll it kinda matters when you have two great RBs for the Falcons

then you have Williams and Bradshaw =P
Back to top Go down
Frunkis

PostSubject: Re: This week's Fact or Fiction   This week's Fact or Fiction EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 5:28 am

The stats definitely matter. Your dline just aren't going to hold blocks as long.
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: This week's Fact or Fiction   This week's Fact or Fiction EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 7:44 am

Frunkis wrote:
The stats definitely matter. Your dline just aren't going to hold blocks as long.

I've tested the d-line specifically. The stats do not matter.

Test it yourself:

Put everyone on your team in zones except Rogers, make him the single blitzer

User Shaun Rogers, you'll dominate.
Let the CPU control Rogers, he will not dominate.

Put everyone on your team in zones except this time make sure that Josh Cribbs is the solo Blitzer. What you'll do is sub Cribbs in at CB.

I chose this team because Rogers has one of the highest power move ratings, while Cribbs has one of the lowest.

User Cribbs, you'll suck bad.
Let the CPU control Cribbs, he will not suck as bad.

When you user Cribbs you won't even be able to stand up..
When the CPU does, he just does this weird elongated "duel" type animation, but he won't fall down as much as he will when you user him..

So when you user the player, you get A LOT more out of him, than not using him..
It's almost like when you user the player, and when the cpu does, he's a whole different player.

Each player is an "average" when the CPU controls him.. I'm not sure if you understand what I mean but they just aren't as dominate as they should be when the CPU uses him..

A HORRIBLE player at d-line AKA Cribbs, is bad, but not exactly horrible.. he just does a weird animation that makes him battle the o-line forever.. So for Cribbs, if you user him, he's on the ground A LOT.. he falls down almost every play.. if the CPU uses him, he's still bad, but he takes up an o-lineman's attention so long that he's just a fodder cannon, which isn't bad because you wanna have your linebackers get in "clean".

A GREAT player at d-line AKA Rogers, is average.. he blends in with the line.. sometimes he'll battle with 1 offensive lineman for 4 seconds.. which is definitely longer than you have to throw the ball. He does beat people, but even with his high rating, while the CPU is in control of him, he's just not as good.

I think the d-line ratings do have a slim factor while the CPU is in control of them, but not enough to matter.
Back to top Go down
Frunkis

PostSubject: Re: This week's Fact or Fiction   This week's Fact or Fiction EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 3:21 pm

That has nothing to do with stats. Humans jam on the right stick. The CPU doesn't. If each d-lineman played like a human that game would look retarded.
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: This week's Fact or Fiction   This week's Fact or Fiction EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 3:27 pm

Frunkis wrote:
That has nothing to do with stats. Humans jam on the right stick. The CPU doesn't. If each d-lineman played like a human that game would look retarded.

Uhh, if each d-lineman played like a human, the QB would have a max of 4 seconds per a down to throw the ball.. you know.. like the NFL?

Your logic is flawed. So what the ratings for? You realize that when humans use the right stick, the stats work correctly.. they are a beast, or they suck like they should.. but when the CPU uses them, they are average.. What is the point of ratings if the CPU doesn't use them?
Back to top Go down
Frunkis

PostSubject: Re: This week's Fact or Fiction   This week's Fact or Fiction EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 4:19 pm

wangtangkiki wrote:
Frunkis wrote:

Uhh, if each d-lineman played like a human, the QB would have a max of 4 seconds per a down to throw the ball.. you know.. like the NFL?

Your logic is flawed. So what the ratings for? You realize that when humans use the right stick, the stats work correctly.. they are a beast, or they suck like they should.. but when the CPU uses them, they are average.. What is the point of ratings if the CPU doesn't use them?

Have you tried controlling a good DT against the run? He blows it up every time. Now imagine every CPU player doing it. And the CPU does use the stats, just not constantly. I'm not sure why the CPU playing differently from humans somehow makes you think the stats don't matter.
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: This week's Fact or Fiction   This week's Fact or Fiction EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 4:40 pm

Frunkis wrote:
wangtangkiki wrote:
Frunkis wrote:

Have you tried controlling a good DT against the run? He blows it up every time. Now imagine every CPU player doing it. And the CPU does use the stats, just not constantly. I'm not sure why the CPU playing differently from humans somehow makes you think the stats don't matter.

lol did you read what you said? If the player is better when you use him, you are using the player to his full ability. If the CPU doesn't use him to his full ability, then why would his stats matter if the CPU makes him average.. he stats are awesome, but the CPU makes his play average. What's the point? Why be "great" when you are only average on the field?
Back to top Go down
WFColonel56

WFColonel56

PostSubject: Re: This week's Fact or Fiction   This week's Fact or Fiction EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 5:54 pm

Does WFColonel56's fight for the fumble tech work better than Gibs????

My tech (and yes I copyrited it..lol)

1- put the entire contoler in the palm of your weak hand
2- press the buttons with strong hand index finger

Just throwing it out there since it has looked like gibs been struggling on F4F on TWIM..lol
Back to top Go down
WFColonel56

WFColonel56

PostSubject: Re: This week's Fact or Fiction   This week's Fact or Fiction EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 5:57 pm

wangtangkiki wrote:

WFColonel56 wrote:

lol welll it kinda matters when you have two great RBs for the Falcons

then you have Williams and Bradshaw =P

But I put snelling in for ATL (b4 he got updated)
And I ran the same plays on O (not off tackle) with the same motion settup
Back to top Go down
Frunkis

PostSubject: Re: This week's Fact or Fiction   This week's Fact or Fiction EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 2:31 am

wangtangkiki wrote:
lol did you read what you said? If the player is better when you use him, you are using the player to his full ability. If the CPU doesn't use him to his full ability, then why would his stats matter if the CPU makes him average.. he stats are awesome, but the CPU makes his play average. What's the point? Why be "great" when you are only average on the field?

A cpu player with high stats will still play better than a cpu player with low stats. You playing better than the cpu has nothing to do with stats not mattering. I'm not sure what you don't understand about this.
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: This week's Fact or Fiction   This week's Fact or Fiction EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 3:25 am

Frunkis wrote:
wangtangkiki wrote:

A cpu player with high stats will still play better than a cpu player with low stats. You playing better than the cpu has nothing to do with stats not mattering. I'm not sure what you don't understand about this.

You'll never understand what I'm saying. Why give the human player the ability to use the player to his full ability, than to give the CPU only 50% of the player's ability..
Back to top Go down
Frunkis

PostSubject: Re: This week's Fact or Fiction   This week's Fact or Fiction EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 5:29 am

wangtangkiki wrote:
You'll never understand what I'm saying. Why give the human player the ability to use the player to his full ability, than to give the CPU only 50% of the player's ability..

I don't think you understand what you're saying. The stats clearly matter in one form or another. Your statement about stats is simply incorrect.

As for this other issue you have, it's a matter of gameplay balance. It seems like that should be obvious at this point. Overly active D-linemen would break the game. They had the option to either adjust the AI or make D-lineman moves less useful across the board.
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: This week's Fact or Fiction   This week's Fact or Fiction EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 9:28 am

Frunkis wrote:
wangtangkiki wrote:

I don't think you understand what you're saying. The stats clearly matter in one form or another. Your statement about stats is simply incorrect.

As for this other issue you have, it's a matter of gameplay balance. It seems like that should be obvious at this point. Overly active D-linemen would break the game. They had the option to either adjust the AI or make D-lineman moves less useful across the board.

They want to make this game a 'simulation football game'. Giving people 8 seconds to throw isn't a simulation game. If they gave the QB 4 seconds to throw, it would be more realistic. Which is why letting the D-Line's stats work like a human was controlling them would make sense.

The stats do not matter ENOUGH to make a big deal about it. If you get a slower, but better power move guy, he will get to the QB.. if you get a faster, but lower power move guy, he will get to the QB faster.

The animations for d-line are random when the CPU uses the line. If they are random, then why should you get a great d-lineman?
I watched the CPU control Rogers and he would get this long animation that would never happen against a scrub O-lineman.. it took him literally until the end of the play to dis-engage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This week's Fact or Fiction   This week's Fact or Fiction Empty

Back to top Go down

This week's Fact or Fiction
Page 1 of 1