Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

4-4 set up?

Go down 
+4
Ant1010
Frunkis
wangtangkiki
romo2miles
8 posters
AuthorMessage
romo2miles

4-4 set up? Empty
PostSubject: 4-4 set up?   4-4 set up? EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 3:38 pm

Cowboys/Raiders set up for 4-4?
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

4-4 set up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4-4 set up?   4-4 set up? EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 4:31 pm

MLB1: Fast - He will be getting through the line to the QB.. you want speed here.
MLB2: Average.. but not faster than your OLBs/MLB1 because this guy is cannon fodder. You want him to just take on blocks.

ROLB: Fast
LOLB: Fast

LE: Fastest Lineman
RE: Second fastest lineman
DT1: You want them to take up space.. speed doesn't matter, so have a tall one.
DT2: Same as DT1

CB1: 2nd Best CB
CB2: Best CB
The default setup of the 4-4 has your #1 CB on the left side. In most formations, the offenses best WR is on the right.

FS: Tall + Fast player.. I have Watkins because I love his 6'5" frame.
Back to top Go down
romo2miles

4-4 set up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4-4 set up?   4-4 set up? EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 5:29 pm

well can you give me your cowboys set up because ratliff is a monster on the game, but he is small for a DT in the NFL so if you could give me your set up that would be awesome
Back to top Go down
Frunkis

4-4 set up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4-4 set up?   4-4 set up? EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 5:14 pm

The 4-4 removes the SS and adds a LB. Chances are your 4th LB is not as good as your SS. So just set your depth chart up for the 4-3 and when you start the game quick sub your outside LB with your SS.
Back to top Go down
romo2miles

4-4 set up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4-4 set up?   4-4 set up? EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 7:19 pm

well i usually put sensabaugh at left outside lb
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

4-4 set up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4-4 set up?   4-4 set up? EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 7:39 pm

Well in most 4-4 schemes, one LB is useless since you just want him to take up a block. I don't replace my LB with a SS only because it's against the rules in EAFL and MLG. I want to always have my setups legal to MLG incase I were to ever go to a tournament that I wouldn't have to adjust to having a slower/worse player out there.

I'll get my setup in a few hours.
Back to top Go down
Ant1010

Ant1010

4-4 set up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4-4 set up?   4-4 set up? EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 10:20 pm

Cowboys

LE-Spencer
DT-Ratliff
DT-Spears/Igor
RE-Ware
LOLB-B.James
MLB-Brooking
MLB2- Carpenter
ROLB-Williams
CB1-Jenkins
Cb2-Newman
FS-Watkins/Sensabaugh/Ball

If you want Ware on the line, put Octavion at his position and put Ware and sit either Carpenter or Williams. The 4-4 needs a speed on the edges and this set up, gives you an average of 83 speed which is pretty good.
This is at least what i've come up with.
Back to top Go down
romo2miles

4-4 set up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4-4 set up?   4-4 set up? EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 10:51 pm

thanks man!
Back to top Go down
acting cool

acting cool

4-4 set up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4-4 set up?   4-4 set up? EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 9:13 am

can u guys give some advice for the packers 4-4 setup? the linebackers aren't blessed with speed... so i am trying to spread the speed around!

thanks a lot!
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

4-4 set up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4-4 set up?   4-4 set up? EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 3:32 pm

Ant1010 wrote:
Cowboys

LE-Spencer
DT-Ratliff
DT-Spears/Igor
RE-Ware
LOLB-B.James
MLB-Brooking
MLB2- Carpenter
ROLB-Williams
CB1-Jenkins
Cb2-Newman
FS-Watkins/Sensabaugh/Ball

If you want Ware on the line, put Octavion at his position and put Ware and sit either Carpenter or Williams. The 4-4 needs a speed on the edges and this set up, gives you an average of 83 speed which is pretty good.
This is at least what i've come up with.

You want more speed at the LB position. I don't like starting a 74 speed linebacker like Brooking.. he's just too slow to catch a RB that's gonna break a big run.

I need speed on my defense so they can tackle that RB that's about to go to the house.. I need speed for coverage.. I need fast guys to cover WRs..

I'm surprised by your setup because I don't know anyone that would put Ware at DE.. just because the Cowboys aren't stacked at LB to have their best one on the line. Oh well.

I like that you have Williams and Carpenter starting + the Secondary.. I just have mine setup a little different.
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

4-4 set up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4-4 set up?   4-4 set up? EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 3:45 pm

LE: Spencer [95 OVR if that means something..] 80 speed [Goes in coverage almost every play when I use zone coverage. He needs to have speed.]
RE: Butler 79 speed [He has slight speed because he's always in coverage too when I call zone.]
DT1: Hatcher 74 speed
DT2: Ratliff [94 OVR if that means something..] 70 speed

LOLB: Carpenter - 79 speed [I have him starting because I want my fastest players at D-line because they go in coverage a lot.. and I like this guy's hair.. it looks awesome]
MLB1: Ware - 87 speed.. 89 TAK 89 HIT POWER
MLB2: Octavien - 80 speed.. [He is basically a place holder.. I just want him to take up a block so DeMarcus Ware can go in free untouched.. he does go in coverage sometimes so he's still 80 speed.. so he's capable of covering too..]
ROLB: Jason Williams - 87 speed.. [He's always in coverage. I can put him in any type of coverage I want because of the MB Tenn scheme.. it allows you to have a player that will be a swing man.. he has BLAZING speed for a LB... one of the top10 in the game I believe.. 90 spd is the fastest.. so he's great..

CB1: Newman - 97 speed.. he's a beast.. he gets me a lot of picks.. he runs half of the field before the ball gets their, then he grabs it at the last second..
CB2: Jenkins - 93 speed.. second fastest CB.. good because of speed.. short height =[

FS: PATRICK WATKINS - 6'5" 85 SPEED.. BEAST MODE.. He's giant.. and he has good-enough speed to play deep safety.. if you don't like him here.. you can get one of the CBs that has 92 speed. Whatever you prefer =]
Back to top Go down
wandeezy623

4-4 set up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4-4 set up?   4-4 set up? EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 12:34 pm

What about the Pats guys they u can have guyton and mayo at MLB with 85 speed each...
then thomas at ROLB with 85 speed....
U can put mckenzie at lolb with 83 speed or sub in the SS chung with 85 speed....
put Meriweather at FS to user he has 91 speed and a nasty hit stick....
then u can put wilfork and warren at DT who are both big strong trees in the middle to plug up the inside runs...
then u have banta-cain and burgess at the DE's one has 82 speed and the other is 76 and both are pretty tall...
this seems like a fast and deadly setup to the 4-4 IMO what do u guys think?
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

4-4 set up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4-4 set up?   4-4 set up? EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 4:24 pm

Yeah the Patriots would be another great team to use with the 4-4 since they have great LB speed. Built for the 1-5-5, so they have 5 good linebackers =)
Back to top Go down
SteelersPSUfan

4-4 set up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4-4 set up?   4-4 set up? EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 6:50 pm

I think i will be switching mine up a little after reading wang's post. good setup man.
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

4-4 set up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4-4 set up?   4-4 set up? EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 9:19 pm

Hey thanks Smile It's working great so far.. but what I've done is kept the setup the same, but I audible from the 4-3 to the 4-4.

I put Scandrick at SS in the 4-3 Normal
Octavien at DE on the right of the screen.
Spencer at the Will [weakside LB].
then I put Williams in the Sam [strongside LB]...

I leave everyone else the same in the 4-3.. then I audible to Monster Green and other plays.
I do this because I would rather have a 90 speed right of screen OLB because I put him in coverage..

I'm thinking about audibling down from Nickel because there are 2 LBs.. and I only have two REALLY good LBs on the Cowboys.. the others are average.. there are like 4 or 5 Lbs with 79-80 speed.. that's good but I wanna have faster guys like some SS or CBs in.

I'll have Ware + Williams at LBs since they are both fast 87 speed LBs.
Back to top Go down
ZAN

ZAN

4-4 set up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4-4 set up?   4-4 set up? EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 6:39 pm

Boys, the problem is that you can't LEGALLY sub in a SS at OLB by quick subs...you must come out in the 4-3 and aud into the 4-4...unfortunately the switching from 4-3 to 4-4 by audibling isnt as simple as the SS sliding down into the box.

Your screaming 4-4 MLB needs to be placed at ROLB in the 4-3 for audibling purposes.
Your screaming 4-4 LOLB (on screen) needs to be at LOLB
Your cannon fodder (good term kiki) 4-4 MLB needs to be at the MLB slot.

then you can aud into the 4-4, and your players will go to appropriate spots.

figuring out where guys needed to be was a puzzle!
Back to top Go down
ZAN

ZAN

4-4 set up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4-4 set up?   4-4 set up? EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 6:48 pm

wangtangkiki,

scandrick will never make the tackle if ur auding from 4-3 with him already out of his normal position at SS into an OLB spot

its like auding from quarters into gibs goaline...anyone who knows their madden knows that they have to slide left because the right heat will miss the first time...idk how many times ive played a quarters into goaline guy who has a CB at DE or OLB come screaming free, and i sit there in the pocket and let them miss twice and i deliver a strike for a first down...

if you are gonna aud from 4-3 into 4-4, u HAVE to have a SS at SS, or else right edge heat will always miss the first tackle...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

4-4 set up? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4-4 set up?   4-4 set up? Empty

Back to top Go down

4-4 set up?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Madden Bible :: Madden Strategy :: Depth Charts-
Jump to: