Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Tourney Sub Question

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Stock1528

Tourney Sub Question Empty
PostSubject: Tourney Sub Question   Tourney Sub Question EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 11:42 pm

I know that in the Depth Chart only DE's and LB's can be used at LB. Is it legal to "sub" SS's in at the OLB positions from the play call screen?
Back to top Go down
tagertheplayer

PostSubject: Re: Tourney Sub Question   Tourney Sub Question EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 10:44 pm

yeah that's fine
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: Tourney Sub Question   Tourney Sub Question EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 11:17 pm

lol.. Not at tournaments. You definitely can't do that at MLG, and you can't do it at Players Bowl:

That's directly from the Player's Bowl site.
http://www.gametimephilly.net/Gametime_Philly/Madden_Rules.html

Depth Chart Primary Position
• 1. WR or TE only
• 2. TE, FB, RT, or LT only
• 3. DE, DT, ROLB, MLB, or LOLB only
• 4. ROLB, MLB, LOLB or DE only
• 5. CB, SS, FS or FS only

Substituted Position Primary Position
• 1. WR or TE only
• 2. TE, FB, RT, or LT only
• 3. RT, RG, C, LG, or LT only
• 4. RE, DT, LE, ROLB, MLB, or LOLB only
• 5. RE, DT, or LE only
• 6. RE, LE, ROLB, MLB, or LOLB only
• 7. CB, SS, or FS only
Back to top Go down
Stock1528

PostSubject: Re: Tourney Sub Question   Tourney Sub Question EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 11:52 pm

Hhhhmmm, I thought Farls said you were allowed to sub players in wherever at MLG tourneys as long as they are correct in the depth chart. Care to chime in on this Z?
Back to top Go down
ZFarls
Admin
ZFarls

PostSubject: Re: Tourney Sub Question   Tourney Sub Question EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 8:36 am

Absolutley, Ellison and Sensabaugh in the 4-4 go nuts. All is fair game from play call screen. you got limited options anyway. (no wr at db on purpose though i gotta say)
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: Tourney Sub Question   Tourney Sub Question EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 8:50 am

The rules on the MLG site said you can only sub in players that were LB/DE at the OLB spot though lol
Back to top Go down
ZFarls
Admin
ZFarls

PostSubject: Re: Tourney Sub Question   Tourney Sub Question EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 9:07 am

through packaging and the play call screen its all fair game though
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: Tourney Sub Question   Tourney Sub Question EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 10:00 am

Quote :
# If a Player chooses to edit their WR, TE, DE, ROLB, MLB, LOLB, CB, SS, or FS Depth Chart, they must adhere to the restrictions listed in the table below. For example, only players whose primary position is WR or TE may be added to a Player’s WR Depth Chart. Players will not be required to edit their team’s Default Depth Chart in order to comply with these restrictions. Depth Chart Primary Position 1. WR 1. WR or TE only 2. TE 2. TE, FB, RT, or LT only 3. DE 3. DE, DT, ROLB, MLB, or LOLB only 4. ROLB, MLB, LOLB 4. ROLB, MLB, LOLB, or DE only 5. CB, SS, FS 5. CB, SS, or FS only
# If a Player chooses to substitute players, only position for position substitutions will be allowed with a few exceptions listed in the table below. For example, only players whose primary position is WR or TE may be substituted for a WR. Despite these substitution limitations, Players will be allowed to use all packages available to them in the Package feature and there are no limitations on Special Teams substitutions. Substituted Position Primary Position 1. WR 1. WR or TE only 2. TE 2. TE, FB, RT, or LT only 3. RT, RG, C, LG, LT 3. RT, RG, C, LG, or LT only 4. RE, LE 4. RE, DT, LE, ROLB, MLB, or LOLB only 5. DT 5. RE, DT, or LE only 6. ROLB, MLB, LOLB 6. RE, LE, ROLB, MLB, or LOLB only 7. CB, SS, FS 7. CB, SS, or FS only

http://www.mlgpro.com/easportschallenge/News/53

Says you can only substitute in RE/LE/ROLB/MLB/LOLB at ROLB / MLB / LOLB..

Also, that's the rules for the finals. So it's the most recent set of rules.

The only way you can sub is at the play call screen =/ They even mention the package feature, which is only available there too =[ I wish you could use SS there but apparently you can't.. I think it's an unwritten rule that people don't say anything about it.
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: Tourney Sub Question   Tourney Sub Question EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 7:05 pm

So is there any answer to this? It's in the rules but do people still do this anyway?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tourney Sub Question   Tourney Sub Question Empty

Back to top Go down

Tourney Sub Question
Page 1 of 1