Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

MB: Beginning Part 2! ZFarls and Sgibs finally meet!

Go down 
+6
ZAN
SteelersPSUfan
ZP3
robe983
wangtangkiki
ZFarls
10 posters
AuthorMessage
ZFarls
Admin
ZFarls

MB: Beginning Part 2! ZFarls and Sgibs finally meet! Empty
PostSubject: MB: Beginning Part 2! ZFarls and Sgibs finally meet!   MB: Beginning Part 2! ZFarls and Sgibs finally meet! EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 10:46 am

Hey check over at MaddenBible for the second part of my article about how we got started!

http://tinyurl.com/MBBegin2

I think its solid, so spread the word, thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: MB: Beginning Part 2! ZFarls and Sgibs finally meet!   MB: Beginning Part 2! ZFarls and Sgibs finally meet! EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 11:13 am

Haha that's nice dude.. Great story.. I loved both of the stories.. d@mn.
Back to top Go down
robe983

robe983

PostSubject: Re: MB: Beginning Part 2! ZFarls and Sgibs finally meet!   MB: Beginning Part 2! ZFarls and Sgibs finally meet! EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 11:39 am

Good read. Reading that makes me miss PS2 madden Sad
Back to top Go down
ZP3
Admin
ZP3

PostSubject: Re: MB: Beginning Part 2! ZFarls and Sgibs finally meet!   MB: Beginning Part 2! ZFarls and Sgibs finally meet! EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 11:48 am

ahh this is awesome stuff
Back to top Go down
SteelersPSUfan

PostSubject: Re: MB: Beginning Part 2! ZFarls and Sgibs finally meet!   MB: Beginning Part 2! ZFarls and Sgibs finally meet! EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 3:01 pm

great story man
Back to top Go down
ZAN

ZAN

PostSubject: Re: MB: Beginning Part 2! ZFarls and Sgibs finally meet!   MB: Beginning Part 2! ZFarls and Sgibs finally meet! EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 6:19 pm

Will someone copy/paste the words for me? I'm at work and MB.com is blocked, but the forums arent!
Back to top Go down
snaponic

PostSubject: Re: MB: Beginning Part 2! ZFarls and Sgibs finally meet!   MB: Beginning Part 2! ZFarls and Sgibs finally meet! EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 6:35 pm

This is the 2nd part of the story of Maddenbible from ZFarls perspective.You can read part 1 here.

You can also read SGibs version of part 1 here (I cant say if his is as true as mine!)

“Lets go see Sgibs”, Ed said.

S.Who? I replied as we slowly started to head across the hall. We pounded hard on the door about 10 times before an unkempt kid slowly opened the door. He looked to have just got up from a nap.

Gibs, this is your new trainee.

“Call me ZFarls”, I said.

His eyes FLARED open like a dragon and I could almost feel the fire from is breath.

NO WAY, Gibs shouted, NO Fricken WAY, get this kid outta here. He doesn’t have what it takes.

I was taken back by this comment and just drunk enough from the night before to let him hear it. “Oh yeah, pal?” I said, “Why dont we shut off the fuckin disney channel, fire up the PS2 and ball hard?

Coach Ed was all for it, and apparently this kid had some pride. We stepped into his dark smelly dungeon and fired up Madden 06. I hadn’t played too much, but I was one of the best right?

He selected the Broncos and I took the Eagles. He kicked off to me and laid a serious hit stick on the opening kick off. My returner FUMBLED, but I was able to jump on it and start at the 18 yard line.

“Looks like your awake”, I said.

“Im always ready for a game of madden” Sgibs quipped back.

I knew he was still a little groggy and looked to capitalize on my first play of the game. At the playcall screen, I quickly packaged dynamic WR Terrell Owens in the slot and called a play action play. I knew if he bit the fake, I could potentially uses Mcnabb’s 97 THP to Huck it deep for a TD.

I came out in singleback as he started to mess with all his guys, he was on the safety, which made me think he was pretty legit. However as I called for the snap, he tried to shoot through the line! He immediately tackled the running back who…DIDN’T have the ball. With champ bailey covering a Decoy WR on the edge, TO was free down the left hand slot for a 82 yard td and the games first points.

“You sure your awake buddy?” I asked

“Your real good pal” sgibs said.

This was NOT looking like a good training relationship. Gibs got the ball and set up his I-form offense. It was pretty stock but my DB Strike from Quarters was bringing the edge heat. Brian Dawkins was rolling over the top and really causing some problems. After forcing a punt, I was able to get a big return and ended up with a FG. 10-0 ZFarls.

Gibs would quickly adjust and show some resiliency. He caught me looking in the backfield on the PA TE Leak play and took advantage. It was now 10-7 and I had used alot of my tricks. I went back to pounding the ball and working the clock though. I was finally forced to punt and pinned Gibs at the 2 at the start of the 4th quarter.

“Thats why you practice special teams, bitch!” I yelled, I could tell he didnt like me but I could care less, there was no way he was coming down the field.

Gibs started out with a run clear out some real estate in the shadow of his endzone, HOLY sh!t it was a play action pass and I got caught again! He was out to the 3o yard line with 1:30 seconds left on the clock. Being down just 3 points, he only needed a few more points. He didnt have much on offense besides the Leak and Run and he needed to get it downfield. I decided to live by the DB Strike, die by the DB Strike.

I started to Gas up the blitz and sacked him with 36 seconds left in the game. He still needed 25 yards to get in range and unless he had held something back, I knew this one was in the bag. He had a last play to get into range, the Play action was rolled and he looked up the sideline. He heaved one down the sideline to “Is that Ed Mcaffery? nah Rod Smith” as his player leaped up and “jet packed” over my guy.

“What the hell was that??” I screamed,as Ed laughed in the background.

“Get some stick”, Gibs yelled back at me. NOW we had 6 seconds left and he had just picked up a real lucky 1st down. He was on the 27 yard line and decided he had a chance for one shot in the end zone.

All he had to do was kick the FG, but he wanted more. I figured he must have a play for this situation right? He came out in Trips for the 1st time that game. I took a TO to take a breath.

He came out in it again and I called the DB Strike. He rolled backed and stepped up, his receiver on a curl stopped, GIBS Pumped faked with mcnabb and my user guy Dawkins back in the end zone literally fell over on the field. He bombed it to the wide open receiver in the end zone and Dawkins started to get off his butt. The throw was heading to the back of the end zone and his WR turned around to SKY in the air for it. As he went up, Dawkins dove over and CRUSHED him. The ball popped loose and I went nuts, but there was still 1 second on the clock. However, it then ticked off and he would NOT have time for a FG to tie.

I let out breath that I had been holding in for what felt like hours, my lungs were burning! “Nice game man”

“Yeah you got lucky” He said.

I shot him off a look and thought what a prick. I got the win though and he was probably pissed. I strutted off to my room to leave those two thinking about the loss. When I got back to the room, I realized he was a pretty good baller but needed to clean up his edges. I needed more Madden style plays but had the management aspect down.

In bed that night, I could hear some chit chat in the hallway. I got up to check the ruckus as a note slipped under the door. It was an invitation and it would change the way I thought and played Madden FOREVER!
Back to top Go down
ZAN

ZAN

PostSubject: Re: MB: Beginning Part 2! ZFarls and Sgibs finally meet!   MB: Beginning Part 2! ZFarls and Sgibs finally meet! EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 6:39 pm

Hahah good ish, ZFarls
Back to top Go down
ubert123

ubert123

PostSubject: Re: MB: Beginning Part 2! ZFarls and Sgibs finally meet!   MB: Beginning Part 2! ZFarls and Sgibs finally meet! EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 7:09 pm

haha nice
Back to top Go down
Th3 Ac3r

Th3 Ac3r

PostSubject: Re: MB: Beginning Part 2! ZFarls and Sgibs finally meet!   MB: Beginning Part 2! ZFarls and Sgibs finally meet! EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 11:18 am

Wow.. Are you making a part 3? haha
Back to top Go down
jordanl95

jordanl95

PostSubject: Re: MB: Beginning Part 2! ZFarls and Sgibs finally meet!   MB: Beginning Part 2! ZFarls and Sgibs finally meet! EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 11:48 am

Theres gotta be a part 3 Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MB: Beginning Part 2! ZFarls and Sgibs finally meet!   MB: Beginning Part 2! ZFarls and Sgibs finally meet! Empty

Back to top Go down

MB: Beginning Part 2! ZFarls and Sgibs finally meet!
Page 1 of 1