Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Steve Smith Doesn't Wanna Be #1

Go down 
+2
mdolla
Militant X 1
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

Steve Smith Doesn't Wanna Be #1 Empty
PostSubject: Steve Smith Doesn't Wanna Be #1   Steve Smith Doesn't Wanna Be #1 EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 7:50 pm

wow! the NFL Network has reported that Steve Smith (on his radio show) mentioned that he no longer wants to be the #1 WR on the Panthers roster. He said that he wants to play the slot and let some "fresh-leg" WRs (rookies) take his spot so that they can open up routes for him. what's your take on this?

~Mili
Back to top Go down
mdolla

mdolla

PostSubject: Re: Steve Smith Doesn't Wanna Be #1   Steve Smith Doesn't Wanna Be #1 EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 7:59 pm

I think it's better for the panthers. Steve smith in the slot is dangerous. He gets doubled all the time on the outside. But if they use him like the giants use the other steve smith, he will fair much better IMO
Back to top Go down
WFColonel56

WFColonel56

PostSubject: Re: Steve Smith Doesn't Wanna Be #1   Steve Smith Doesn't Wanna Be #1 EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 8:52 pm

If smitty played the slot that would be the best move possible..... With a 5-9 frame he can still work deep down the field but it is harder for him to do it vs a 6-3 WR who you can throw the ball high to. Plus he isnt getting any younger. He still has his speed so he can "get er done" from the slot with ease. Plus at the slot he can add another 3 years to his carrer vs if he was a #1...smart move..

Now if TO had the brains to tell the Bills that last year.... Now he is FORCED to be a #3.....It would have saved his rep/ego if he had forced the issue... Now every team in the NFL doent want to touch him cuz he was exposed....

Smart move smitty
Back to top Go down
http://www.wfcolonelswarroom.com
xHHx_JayNizz

xHHx_JayNizz

PostSubject: Re: Steve Smith Doesn't Wanna Be #1   Steve Smith Doesn't Wanna Be #1 EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 11:01 pm

Steve smith=team player or steve smith=selfish not sure yet, im not sure if he is doing this for the best interest of himself or the best interest in the team. The panters should just use him like a wes welker.
Back to top Go down
WFColonel56

WFColonel56

PostSubject: Re: Steve Smith Doesn't Wanna Be #1   Steve Smith Doesn't Wanna Be #1 EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 11:13 pm

steve knws something that we dont....Im guesing that he may have lost a step (I knw what I said in the 1st post)...But it makes sence. That is a team player move imo (plus it helps him..lol) the panthers need a fast WR anyway so I dnt see it as being selfish
Back to top Go down
http://www.wfcolonelswarroom.com
xHHx_JayNizz

xHHx_JayNizz

PostSubject: Re: Steve Smith Doesn't Wanna Be #1   Steve Smith Doesn't Wanna Be #1 EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 1:05 am

as a whole it is a nice team player move but deep down i think steve is just worred about his career, he really hasn't been a big name Wr in awhile. lol i miss Steve Smith he had the best show boat dances other than Ocho cinco.
Back to top Go down
mdolla

mdolla

PostSubject: Re: Steve Smith Doesn't Wanna Be #1   Steve Smith Doesn't Wanna Be #1 EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 1:51 am

Steve smith is still great. It's just the qb sucked and he gets doubled all the time. I think that's why they run game is so great. The def is worried about smitty
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: Steve Smith Doesn't Wanna Be #1   Steve Smith Doesn't Wanna Be #1 EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 8:18 am

i think Steve Smith is an outstanding WR and a defense's nightmare! now, imo....this statement of his on his radio show had to be a cry for help! think about it! Delhomme...gone! Peppers....gone! plus....dude is tired of getting doubled teamed. lol! if the panthers bring in 1-2 speedy and taller WRs that could take the pressure off of him and then he is moved in the slot....wow! and as Colonel said....it would preserve his career. the NFL Network analysts said it best... "Steve Smith's play....makes him the #1WR on the Panthers roster!"

~Mili
Back to top Go down
snaponic

PostSubject: Re: Steve Smith Doesn't Wanna Be #1   Steve Smith Doesn't Wanna Be #1 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 12:41 pm

im just playing devils advocate mili, but does that make wes welker the pats #1.
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: Steve Smith Doesn't Wanna Be #1   Steve Smith Doesn't Wanna Be #1 EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 10:36 am

snaponic wrote:
im just playing devils advocate mili, but does that make wes welker the pats #1.

i have no idea Snap! lol!

i didn't say that about Steve Smith...the NFL Network anaylist Jamie Dukes said that Steve Smith's game play (teams forced to double team him) makes him the Panthers #1 WR on their roster.

~Mili
Back to top Go down
bears5410

bears5410

PostSubject: Re: Steve Smith Doesn't Wanna Be #1   Steve Smith Doesn't Wanna Be #1 EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 2:41 pm

Let him come to chi town...he can def be a #2 there....lol....But i would welcome him with open arms
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steve Smith Doesn't Wanna Be #1   Steve Smith Doesn't Wanna Be #1 Empty

Back to top Go down

Steve Smith Doesn't Wanna Be #1
Page 1 of 1