Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Most Important Positions/ Most Important Rating for every Postion

Go down 
+5
OBE4KNHx8xCAPS
B-__-R-__-B
Militant X 1
WFColonel56
Homerunhittas
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Homerunhittas

Most Important Positions/ Most Important Rating for every Postion Empty
PostSubject: Most Important Positions/ Most Important Rating for every Postion   Most Important Positions/ Most Important Rating for every Postion EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 12:12 am

All Positions: 1. MLB 2. DE 3.HB 4. CB#1 5. CB#2 6. QB 7. OLB 8. WR#1 9. WR#2 10. ATH-Spd 11. OT 12. DT 13. SS/FS 14. TE 15. ATH-Str 16. OG 17. C 18. FB 19. K 20. P

You can use this list for both NCAA/ Madden or real life as this is what I believe as far as position importance Now onto Defense and Offense Individually and what rating I believe is most important for every position

Defense: 1. MLB-Tak 2. RE-Acc 3. LE-Fmv 4. CB#1-Mcv 5. CB#2-Prs 6. LOLB-Prc 7. ROLB-Pur 8. DT#1-Pmv 9. DT#2-Bsh 10. MLB#2-Agi 11. SS-Pow 12. FS-Zcv 13. P-Kpw 14. KOS-Inj 15. LS- Sta

Offense: 1. HB-Trk 2. QB-Tha 3. WR#1-Rte 4. WR#2-Rls 5. LT-Pbf 6. RT-Pbs 7. TE-Cit 8. RG-Str 9. LG-Rbs 10. C-Rbf 11. FB-Ibl 12. K-Kac 13. KR-Spd 14. PR-Elu 15. 3DRB/NCAA #2 HB-Cth

Now there are other ratings and some questions about how to setup a Depth Chart I'll be explaining how I setup my depth chart and other ratings use it's not easy but I feel it makes my team make more sense if you can follow how I do it
Back to top Go down
Homerunhittas

PostSubject: Re: Most Important Positions/ Most Important Rating for every Postion   Most Important Positions/ Most Important Rating for every Postion EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 12:28 am

Extra Ratings and how I use them (I use them in pairs so I'll use one pair per game if I'm going to make a depth chart adjustment: 1. Age/Old-SS/QB on NCAA to replace next rating 2. Mac-QB first pair 3. Acc-PR 4. Bcv-HB second pair 5. Dac-QB#1 6. Thp-QB#2 on Madden/ All QBs on NCAA third pair 7. Btk/Trk on Madden-FB 8. Spc-WR fourth pair 9. Jkm-PR 10. Car-HB fifth pair 11. Pac-QB 12. Awr-MLB/QB on NCAA to replace Pac rating sixth pair 13. Jmp-CB 14. Ret-KR you can find Ret rating in Madden in team management seventh pair 15. Sac-QB#1 16. Tha-QB#2/All QBs on NCAA to replace Sac eighth pair 17. Spm-KR 18. Sfa-FB ninth pair 19. Run/Spd for QBs on NCAA-QB 20. Ovr/Young-RE tenth pair

there you go you have ten pairs and 30 positions with their own individual most important rating giving you 49 ratings as Tha was used twice next I'll get to specific special teams depth chart setups and how I set my depth chart up in general
Back to top Go down
Homerunhittas

PostSubject: Re: Most Important Positions/ Most Important Rating for every Postion   Most Important Positions/ Most Important Rating for every Postion EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 12:45 am

Special/ Extra Positions you can either go Kpw or Inj so your guy has less a chance of getting hurt when going down field even though it usually never happens

K-Kac P-Kpw KOS- Inj
LS- I put in the third TE the backup center and the starting center then align from top to bottom based on stamina so highest Sta will be starting LS
KR/PR I do like this KR#1-Spd KR#2-Ovr KR#3-Spd KR#4-Spm KR#5-Agi/ PR#1-Elu PR#2-Ovr PR#3-Elu PR#4-Jkm PR#5-Acc
3DRB-Cth but I also take into account if the player is within Ovr 10 of the player on Madden and Ovr 5 of the player above them on NCAA and if one player has a 90+ speed and the other doesn't the player with 90+ speed will be ahead of them if within Ovr 10 of them Ovr 5 on NCAA 3DRB on NCAA is #2 HB that you can package in for passing/ long yardage situations with HB sub

I use Ovr 10-Madden and Ovr 5-NCAA for all regular positions and 3DRB/#2 HB for NCAA and use each position's most important rating to determine who gets what spot but I go by position importance

Example:I start off on defense and do the MLB first I'm on Madden one LB Ovr-90 Tak- 91 another LB Ovr 80 Tak-92 the LB with a tackle of 92 will be starting due to being within Ovr 10 and having a higher tackle rating plus in Madden especially I can always sub in from the playcall screen this Ovr 90 player in so he won't be wasted but the other LB has a higher Tak rating which is most important to me and he has enough other abilities to not make my team suffer drastically

next I would go to RE-Acc, LE-Fmv, etc, etc and keep going until all positions are filled and I try not to have the same player in more than one spot

for anymore questions on how I do my depth chart or other questions about gameplanning, etc. I'm on PS3 my PSN is Homerunhittas and my AIM is DQB3127 just don't be taxing because some people ask questions but then start to sound like a know it all so if you're not truly going to listen or ask serious questions or real feedback/ suggestions don't bother or you'll be blocked

thank you
Back to top Go down
WFColonel56

WFColonel56

PostSubject: Re: Most Important Positions/ Most Important Rating for every Postion   Most Important Positions/ Most Important Rating for every Postion EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 11:56 am

Wow...i didnt read it all but from what I read it looks good
Back to top Go down
http://www.wfcolonelswarroom.com
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: Most Important Positions/ Most Important Rating for every Postion   Most Important Positions/ Most Important Rating for every Postion EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 10:25 am

interesting thread Hittas.

~Mili
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B

B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: Most Important Positions/ Most Important Rating for every Postion   Most Important Positions/ Most Important Rating for every Postion EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 11:26 am

QB- accuracey not so much arm strength
HB- speed and the ability to catch the ball out of the backfield
FB- more of an oversized HB gotta be able to run the rock and catch out of the backfield
WR- i like the shorter faster guys like desean and jeremy so catching and speed
TE- i go over the middle alot with my TE so catch in traffic is important
T- pass blocking/can be average at run blocking
G- pass blocking/ can be average at run blocking
C- pass blocking/can be average at run blocking
DE- speed and the ability to drop into coverage
DT- gap eaters or guys that can plug up the middle
OLB- speed and zone rating
MLB- tackle and hit power rating/ they can be on the slower end of things
CB- HAS to be good at zone coverage
FS- really anyone works for me cuz this is who i user so sometimes its macho, sometimes its mikell.
Back to top Go down
OBE4KNHx8xCAPS

PostSubject: Re: Most Important Positions/ Most Important Rating for every Postion   Most Important Positions/ Most Important Rating for every Postion EmptyThu May 13, 2010 5:14 pm

QB-- throw power and a little accuracy. also gotta be mobile enough to extend the play if needed
HB-- speed and elusivness
FB-- speed and catching
WR-- height and speed
TE-- height and speed
OL-- pass blocking
DE-- speed
DT--strength
OLB--speed
MLB--speed
CB--speed
FS--my user guy so anyone can do but i like to use the tallest DB on the team..PAT WATKINS is an amazing user guy
SS--speed and hit power
K--kick power, P--kick powers, Returners--Speed, LS--it dont matter, 3DRB--speed,blocking
Back to top Go down
OBE4KNHx8xCAPS

PostSubject: Re: Most Important Positions/ Most Important Rating for every Postion   Most Important Positions/ Most Important Rating for every Postion EmptyThu May 13, 2010 5:20 pm

madden is a game of speed people. always has been. if your big (6'3 and up) and fast (93 speed and up) you are SET it dont even matter if you are a 12 overall. look at Darrick Brown last year. or any of the 95 speed RB's this year. like the Moore guy that was on the Seahawks earlier this year. WR's like darrius heyward bey become huge weapons in madden because of size and speed. and dont even get me started on scrambling quarterbacks. and as far as linebackers. look at Jason Williams on the cowboys he is like a 57 overall and people START HIM. im telling you. its all about the speed.
Back to top Go down
OBE4KNHx8xCAPS

PostSubject: Re: Most Important Positions/ Most Important Rating for every Postion   Most Important Positions/ Most Important Rating for every Postion EmptyThu May 13, 2010 5:23 pm

oh and with kickers.... YOU control the accuracy so power is all that matters
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: Most Important Positions/ Most Important Rating for every Postion   Most Important Positions/ Most Important Rating for every Postion EmptyThu May 13, 2010 6:09 pm

OBE4KNHx8xCAPS wrote:
madden is a game of speed people. always has been. if your big (6'3 and up) and fast (93 speed and up) you are SET it dont even matter if you are a 12 overall. look at Darrick Brown last year. or any of the 95 speed RB's this year. like the Moore guy that was on the Seahawks earlier this year. WR's like darrius heyward bey become huge weapons in madden because of size and speed. and dont even get me started on scrambling quarterbacks. and as far as linebackers. look at Jason Williams on the cowboys he is like a 57 overall and people START HIM. im telling you. its all about the speed.

Exactly.. except in your post above you said OL = Blocking ratings... OL ratings don't work =/ but you are right about speed and height Smile
Back to top Go down
UseRPicK101

UseRPicK101

PostSubject: Re: Most Important Positions/ Most Important Rating for every Postion   Most Important Positions/ Most Important Rating for every Postion EmptyThu May 13, 2010 8:37 pm

OBE4KNHx8xCAPS wrote:
oh and with kickers.... YOU control the accuracy so power is all that matters

NOT TRUE!. i thought the same but i noticed if you kick a FG from the middle of the hashmarks with an accurate kicker and you kick slightly off, it still kicks straight

if you do the same with ... lets say Buehler of the cowboys..his kick will be off
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: Most Important Positions/ Most Important Rating for every Postion   Most Important Positions/ Most Important Rating for every Postion EmptyThu May 13, 2010 9:33 pm

I had someone kick a 62 yd FG against a 3mph wind with Matt Prater... He has bad accuracy but a high kick power [97 I believe..]

I never worry about kick accuracy because it's never effected my kicks =]
Back to top Go down
OBE4KNHx8xCAPS

PostSubject: Re: Most Important Positions/ Most Important Rating for every Postion   Most Important Positions/ Most Important Rating for every Postion EmptySat May 15, 2010 2:20 am

Im sure it does to a certain degree but its not like it is hard to move the right stick at whatever angle it needs to be. if your a bit to the right with sabastian janikowski, he is right, it goes WAYYYYYY right. where as if you are a bit off with say.. Kaeding it will still be mostly straight. but it is still rediculous that mister irrelivent ryan succop can kick 63 yard field goals like nothing or that people put the backup kickers in over the real starters. but hey, whatever get the job done

Last edited by OBE4KNHx8xCAPS on Sat May 15, 2010 2:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
OBE4KNHx8xCAPS

PostSubject: Re: Most Important Positions/ Most Important Rating for every Postion   Most Important Positions/ Most Important Rating for every Postion EmptySat May 15, 2010 2:40 am

and as far as the position rankings.. mine, as a big time AIR IT OUT S. Peyton offense guy i would say it is more like

1. QB- need a guy that can make all the throws. good accuracy but even better power
2. WR- A big fast target for your QB
3. WR- Another Big guy
4. HB- Fast guy with HANDS
5. CB- FAST FAST FAST and hopefully at least 6'0
6. CB- another big and fast guy. we need to lock up the RC
7. FS- need a playmaker. thats what the saftey position is all about
8. MLB- Speed guy 80+ speed is fine
9. OLB- another speed guy to bring that heat
10. OLB- more speed. the faster the D is the better the D is.
11. DE- PASS RUSHER
12. DE- ANOTHER PASS RUSHER
13. WR- Probably about time to look for a quick shifty player with good CIT to go over the middle on little slants and things--WES WELKER type
14. TE- get the BEST PASS CATCHER you can
15. CB- get a FAST FAST FAST 3rd corner for the blitz
16. SS- a hopefully fast guy but tackling is more important because the SS does alot the run support
17. DT- get the biggest strongest guy you can
18-22. O-Line- amazingoverall offensive lineman are not really imprtant. just get decently quick guys with good strength.
23. WR- go and get your 4th wideout
24. CB- and your 4th corner
25. HB- playoff of your starter. if your starter is brandon jacobs, then get a darren sproles type. if your starter is chris johnson, then get a brandon jacobs type backup. make sure they can catch so when your in the GUN- SPLIT SLOT- with dual hb you have a recieving threat on both sides of the field.
26-27. Kicker and Punter- ALL YOU NEED TO WORRY ABOUT IS THE KICK POWER

there you go guys. that is my draft order.

if anyone wants to play me. im a level 36. i use the Chargers and im on all day during the week and early mornings and late night during the weekends. im 380-90 so i know how to play and ill give you a run for your money. my Gamer Tag is the same as my username on here.
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: Most Important Positions/ Most Important Rating for every Postion   Most Important Positions/ Most Important Rating for every Postion EmptySat May 15, 2010 9:20 am

In the recent MB fantasy draft for PS3, I chose DeAngelo Williams #3 overall.. I need a great RB to lead my offense.. then I can take a QB in round #2... I got Vince Young in the #2 round [Round 2 Pick #30 since it was a snake draft.] I picked up Josh Johnson too lol.. so I have two 85+ speed QBs Smile VY is my favorite lol.

So yeah.. I need a fast / great RB.. then a QB or WR.. it just depends which player is better at their position when my pick comes up..
Back to top Go down
xHHx_megatron

xHHx_megatron

PostSubject: Re: Most Important Positions/ Most Important Rating for every Postion   Most Important Positions/ Most Important Rating for every Postion EmptySat May 15, 2010 2:08 pm

OBE4KNHx8xCAPS wrote:

its not bout speed...lol...darrius heyward bey sucks, caint hold on to the ball even if he got tapped on the shoulder... schemes beat speed 24/7......i think height is more important for receivers than speed is....if this game was all bout speed, then the raiders would be the best team on the game every year....but they are not.....scrambling quarterbacks are not even worth playin...ill take eli manning, chad henne, kevin colb over vick, pat white, vince young any day....u can run around all u want to LOL....if u want to play someone that is a 12 overall, please feel free to do so....but its just my view, i understand why people think its the most important thing in madden...
Back to top Go down
xHHx_megatron

xHHx_megatron

PostSubject: Re: Most Important Positions/ Most Important Rating for every Postion   Most Important Positions/ Most Important Rating for every Postion EmptySat May 15, 2010 2:17 pm

OBE4KNHx8xCAPS wrote:

if anyone wants to play me. im a level 36. i use the Chargers and im on all day during the week and early mornings and late night during the weekends. im 380-90 so i know how to play and ill give you a run for your money. my Gamer Tag is the same as my username on here.

a high level on the 360?? sweet...my gt is dlittz and im a level 33...gonna have to play ya sometime...
Back to top Go down
Homerunhittas

PostSubject: Re: Most Important Positions/ Most Important Rating for every Postion   Most Important Positions/ Most Important Rating for every Postion EmptyTue May 18, 2010 8:02 pm

true speed is important but I'll take accuracy over throwing power everyday case in point Drew Brees
not the strongest arm but like does he miss lol rarely including Manning
those guys used correctly are simply disgusting lol
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: Most Important Positions/ Most Important Rating for every Postion   Most Important Positions/ Most Important Rating for every Postion EmptyTue May 18, 2010 9:44 pm

Megatron_81 wrote:
OBE4KNHx8xCAPS wrote:

its not bout speed...lol...darrius heyward bey sucks, caint hold on to the ball even if he got tapped on the shoulder... schemes beat speed 24/7......i think height is more important for receivers than speed is....if this game was all bout speed, then the raiders would be the best team on the game every year....but they are not.....scrambling quarterbacks are not even worth playin...ill take eli manning, chad henne, kevin colb over vick, pat white, vince young any day....u can run around all u want to LOL....if u want to play someone that is a 12 overall, please feel free to do so....but its just my view, i understand why people think its the most important thing in madden...

I wouldn't say that scheme > speed. I was actually leading with :03 seconds left in the game vs. Jeter.. Obviously he didn't get it at :03 =P but I'm just saying.. He made the FG to win. I went up with 1:00 or less IIRC. He had to use the Chiefs and I the Cowboys. We played in the EAFL. I am doubtful that the game would have been that close if he used the Raiders [He used them at Players Bowl].

The Raiders are known to have the best D in the game at tournament scenes.. They are used A LOT because of their fast defense.. But they have only three 80+ speed LBs.. which doesn't cut it for me when there are teams like the Ravens.. I would still say that the Ravens have a better D and O...

Ravens LBs
86 - Barnes
86 - Gooden
84 - Suggs
83 - Ellerbe
82 - Lewis
81 - McClain

Raiders LBs
89 - Howard
85 - Alston
80 - Williams
[79 - Scott] -4th fastest LB

Ravens CBs
98 - Washington
93 - Webb
93 - Foxworth
91 - Carr
90 - Williams

Raiders CBs

97 - Johnson
95 - Routt
93 - Asomugha
90 - Holland

Ravens S:
93 - Reed
88 - Zbikowski

Raiders S:
92 - Huff
93 - Branch
87 - Mitchell

I know we weren't debating this but I just wanted to bring it up.. Speed is a big part.. huge part of the game; Most people use the Raiders over the Ravens... The Raiders have the higher averages of speed, but they have less players at each position that have at least 80+ for LBs, 90+ for CBs, and 85+ for S.. I could do average speed of 4 LBs.. 4 DBs..
89.5 for Ravens..
88.75 for Raiders..

I'm actually trying to think about the Ravens O... They don't have a RC threat.. their only threats are 82 speed Todd Heap and 84 speed Kelly Washington lol.. They do have a great RB.. he won't fumble as much.. You have a way better QB.. I guess the Raiders do have a more potent [aka fast+height] offense.. The Raiders have 6'4" Schilens 92 speed only 71 CIT.. Speed Demon Heyward-Bey - 97 speed.. ; RB: McFadden 94 speed, but 69 carry.. I guess I would take the Raiders offense because the Ravens have only 1 player on offense over 90 speed LOL.. The Raiders have 7.

Last edited by wangtangkiki on Wed May 19, 2010 1:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: Most Important Positions/ Most Important Rating for every Postion   Most Important Positions/ Most Important Rating for every Postion EmptyTue May 18, 2010 9:47 pm

Oh, by the way; I would definitely take VY over Henne and Kolb lol...

Henne has 81 - 78 - 78 in Short/Med/Deep
Kolb has 80 - 78 - 79
VY has 81 - 76 - 72

The speed makes up for those numbers lol.
Back to top Go down
roddy84white

PostSubject: Re: Most Important Positions/ Most Important Rating for every Postion   Most Important Positions/ Most Important Rating for every Postion EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 11:06 pm

lol in madden SPEED IS KING. case closed. and the raiders might not be the best team every year (thats DALLAS) but i would put the at least in the top 4 or 5 every year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most Important Positions/ Most Important Rating for every Postion   Most Important Positions/ Most Important Rating for every Postion Empty

Back to top Go down

Most Important Positions/ Most Important Rating for every Postion
Page 1 of 1