Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Help with Fantasy Draft please

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
huw140269

huw140269

Help with Fantasy Draft please Empty
PostSubject: Help with Fantasy Draft please   Help with Fantasy Draft please EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 10:52 am

Firstly Im sorry if Ive posted this in the wrong section (if it needs moving can someone move it please).

Secondly great site and love the vids - also great contributions in the forums - thanks all !!!! I may lurk more than post but I still appreciate you all.

Thirdly if anyone could help or give some advice I would be most gtrateful.

Anyway as you can guess Im Britsih but live in Prague (Czech Republic) and have been involved for the past 3 years with a few expat Americans in our Fantasy League. Ive done pretty well, reaching the play offs both times, but this year we have had some new entrants so have changed the draft pick order. I am now second.

Normally I would be delighted picking second but because our league is made up of 16 players I will have to wait until pick 31 for my second pick. Ive tried trading down but noone wants to know. Im scared I wont get a decent QB if I draft the obvious - either Chris Johnson, Adrian Peterson or MJD. I praying that someone like Schaub will be available for my second pick but this is a gamble.

Would I be stupid if I picked a stellar QB with my first pick and hope to see some reasonable HBs for my second and third choices ? Maybe Brees, Manning, Brady or even Aaron Rodgers.

I am really unsure what action to take here.
Back to top Go down
spincter

spincter

PostSubject: Re: Help with Fantasy Draft please   Help with Fantasy Draft please EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 4:18 pm

depends on the kind of offense you run, i run alot of short quick passes that dont require a big arm qb. If you like to bomb it then get the qb you can find a cj spiller or darren mcfaden, or sproles in later rounds.
Back to top Go down
huw140269

huw140269

PostSubject: Re: Help with Fantasy Draft please   Help with Fantasy Draft please EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 4:24 pm

spincter wrote:
depends on the kind of offense you run, i run alot of short quick passes that dont require a big arm qb. If you like to bomb it then get the qb you can find a cj spiller or darren mcfaden, or sproles in later rounds.
Sorry I didnt make myself clear - its not a fantasy draft for Madden but Yahoo Fantasy Football
Back to top Go down
spincter

spincter

PostSubject: Re: Help with Fantasy Draft please   Help with Fantasy Draft please EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 4:25 pm

i would take cj or ap then
Back to top Go down
hairy weasel

PostSubject: Re: Help with Fantasy Draft please   Help with Fantasy Draft please EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 6:50 pm

cj \ ap for sure

then get another rb with your 2nd or 3rd pick in a 16 man league rbs are hard to get and you can always get solid qbs later on
Back to top Go down
Fuzzypotato

Fuzzypotato

PostSubject: Re: Help with Fantasy Draft please   Help with Fantasy Draft please EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 12:24 am

I would for sure go for a stable quarterback. Here's the thing about fantasy football, during the course of the regular season there's also going to be a handful of running backs that's stand out and come out of nowhere and if your active enough you should be able to grab them out of free agents before other people can. But quarterback is probably the most important fantasy position. I would definately get an elite QB to anchor your team.
Back to top Go down
huw140269

huw140269

PostSubject: Re: Help with Fantasy Draft please   Help with Fantasy Draft please EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 5:41 am

I actually drafted MJD with the second pick but that looks like a mistake now.

But my greatest fear didnt arise as when I came for my second pick (this is a 16 team league) Philip Rivers was still there so I drafted him. I thought all was going great as I drafted Ryan Grant with pick 3 - again that didnt turn out too well
Back to top Go down
Fuzzypotato

Fuzzypotato

PostSubject: Re: Help with Fantasy Draft please   Help with Fantasy Draft please EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 11:19 am

ahh yeah... i had ryan grant on two of my teams and he was my top 3 picks in those leagues.. it kind of kills your team unless you have two really good players as your first two picks but you just have to be quick to get the guys in the free agents that are impressing and no one is noticing.
try looking for john kuhn of the packers. brandon jackson isnt getting the job and it looks like kuhn is going to get most of the workload. also another player, but this one has been picked up in most leagues is peyton hillis. a lot of people thought jerome harrison would be the main fantasy guy on the browns but it hasnt turned out that way. peyton hillis is averaging 10+ points a week i believe. so just check your free agents for those guys.

hope i could help,
Fuzzy
Back to top Go down
huw140269

huw140269

PostSubject: Re: Help with Fantasy Draft please   Help with Fantasy Draft please EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 3:08 pm

I have Kuhn and Hightower - who do you reckon I should start this week as my second RB ?
Back to top Go down
Fuzzypotato

Fuzzypotato

PostSubject: Re: Help with Fantasy Draft please   Help with Fantasy Draft please EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 3:13 pm

without a doubt kuhn. like i said jackson hasnt been getting the job done and kuhn is now getting most of the carries not to mention they are playing a terrible detroit defense. i believe he will get 10+ points while on the other hand time hightower is decent but with beanie wells finally getting healthy they are going to split more and more time hurting hightowers fantasy value and eventually wells will become the starter. i would for sure go with kuhn and go with him in the future as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help with Fantasy Draft please   Help with Fantasy Draft please Empty

Back to top Go down

Help with Fantasy Draft please
Page 1 of 1