Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

New here and need some advice

Go down 
+3
Militant X 1
steelersfan0023
kaotik928
7 posters
AuthorMessage
kaotik928

New here and need some advice Empty
PostSubject: New here and need some advice   New here and need some advice EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 2:17 am

Let me start of by saying I have browsed some Madden forums and have come back to this one again an again. The advice and tips seem really good and it seems like you guys are a close knit MB. So I have joined the site and have been browsing the forums. Now I need to ask some questons and see if you guys can help me out.

First off, I am not a Madden rookie. I have been playing for a long time. My problem is that I always just played friends of mine that were around. I never ventured online until Madden 2011. I am a decent player, but online I am struggling with more experienced players. I have never user defended with a safety and rarely do it with LB's. I am the bum (as mentioned in a thread I read on here) that would user a d-lineman. I will admit that I am alright at swithching when the ball is in the air and getting user picks.

I have read on here many times about "labbing". I have an idea on what it is, I just don't exactly know how to set it up and learn from it. So if you guys could break it down for me I would appreciate it. I also think it would benefit me more to work with another person to really benefit from it. I want to learn how to user defend and also how to be able to set up my defense. Right now trying to shift this guy and re blitz that guy and zone this guy is a bit confusing and I am getting frustrated.

I am on the PS3. Username kaotik928. Right now I have a record of 28-10. My losses have been against players who user defend well and I get frustrated and make stupid mistakes. I assume a headset would be wise for the labs, if so I will be making that my next purchase.

Sorry if this is long, but any advice or help would be great. Anyone on PSN and would like to help me out just send a request. I need all the help I can get.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
steelersfan0023

PostSubject: Re: New here and need some advice   New here and need some advice EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 2:33 am

User defending is very important I just learned how when the new madden came out. The first thing I can tell you about is that you will make mistakes and you are gonna get burned deep many time in the process of learning. But once you start to learn how to do it you will be able to tell an instant change in your defense.

As far as labbing goes..... Basically Chose a playbook and look for unique plays, and then find some other plays out of that same formation that compliment that play and make a scheme out of it
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: New here and need some advice   New here and need some advice EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 2:51 am

kaotik928 wrote:
Let me start of by saying I have browsed some Madden forums and have come back to this one again an again. The advice and tips seem really good and it seems like you guys are a close knit MB. So I have joined the site and have been browsing the forums. Now I need to ask some questons and see if you guys can help me out.

First off, I am not a Madden rookie. I have been playing for a long time. My problem is that I always just played friends of mine that were around. I never ventured online until Madden 2011. I am a decent player, but online I am struggling with more experienced players. I have never user defended with a safety and rarely do it with LB's. I am the bum (as mentioned in a thread I read on here) that would user a d-lineman. I will admit that I am alright at swithching when the ball is in the air and getting user picks.

I have read on here many times about "labbing". I have an idea on what it is, I just don't exactly know how to set it up and learn from it. So if you guys could break it down for me I would appreciate it. I also think it would benefit me more to work with another person to really benefit from it. I want to learn how to user defend and also how to be able to set up my defense. Right now trying to shift this guy and re blitz that guy and zone this guy is a bit confusing and I am getting frustrated.

I am on the PS3. Username kaotik928. Right now I have a record of 28-10. My losses have been against players who user defend well and I get frustrated and make stupid mistakes. I assume a headset would be wise for the labs, if so I will be making that my next purchase.

Sorry if this is long, but any advice or help would be great. Anyone on PSN and would like to help me out just send a request. I need all the help I can get.

Thanks

MB has a great group of guys that make this a very pleasant place to come and learn. you'll get the help you seek here.

~Mili
Back to top Go down
RJ SHAKER

RJ SHAKER

PostSubject: Re: New here and need some advice   New here and need some advice EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 9:33 am

Usering a Saftey is quite hard when first learning.. a couple good tips for you here as a beginner. 1: Strafe. lol thats it. unless you have to get somewhere quick or your getting beat deep... you gotta be strafing. 2: dont be afraid to use the Defensive assist button when playing, it keeps you from wondering off out of your zone. 3: try and keep an eye on the QB as well so you can see where he looks before he throws so you have an idea of where it is going. 4: Intercept is good but at a cost... you gotta learn to bat it down. turnovers are nice but missing and having them score a TD on you sucks lol. other than that its all practice man Very Happy

For labbing you wanna pick your favorite playbook go into practice with your team. sign in two controllers one on offense and one on defense. You wanna work different setups of a play with strategy pad by hot routing and changing coverage so on and so forth. you use it to form your own play style with plays that work best for your scheme and playstyle Very Happy. watch This week in madden this week and they might talk about it and you will learn eventually Very Happy doesnt take as long as it seems ;D
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: New here and need some advice   New here and need some advice EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 9:59 am

kaotik,

add me. ill give you a run down

PSN is MaddenBible
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
kaotik928

PostSubject: Re: New here and need some advice   New here and need some advice EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 1:05 pm

Thanks for the replies guys. I guess I have alot of practicing to do. As far as labbing goes, alot of people ask for lab partners. Is there a way to get two seperate players into the same practice?? Is a headset a necessity for labbing with a partner?

Also, I have been using the Chargers, and a little NYJ. I like the Chargers off better than NY but I don't know if SD has anyone that would be a good user defender. Any ideas, or do I need a new online team?
Back to top Go down
CookieMonsta

CookieMonsta

PostSubject: Re: New here and need some advice   New here and need some advice EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 1:35 pm

kaotik928 wrote:
Thanks for the replies guys. I guess I have alot of practicing to do. As far as labbing goes, alot of people ask for lab partners. Is there a way to get two seperate players into the same practice?? Is a headset a necessity for labbing with a partner?

Also, I have been using the Chargers, and a little NYJ. I like the Chargers off better than NY but I don't know if SD has anyone that would be a good user defender. Any ideas, or do I need a new online team?

Unfortunately, you can't get two players in the same practice mode (maybe next year, EA). Most people lab in an unranked game with each other, and a headset is very helpful.

Last year, the Chargers had Antonio Cromartie, arguably the best user defender in the game, but this year he is on the Jets. The Chargers aren't as effective this year because they lost him and Jamal Williams, and on offense they lost LT. They are still a solid team, but I'm not really sure who to user... Weddle maybe?

Zfarl's Article on User Safeties
Back to top Go down
kaotik928

PostSubject: Re: New here and need some advice   New here and need some advice EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 2:04 pm

To bad Cro's Madden skills were lost in the real games....anyway, I moved Weddle to SS and use Stuckey as my FS. Stuckey has had pretty good for me online with picks and such. Maybe if I user him it will compensate for where his Madden ratings lack, we'll see.

As far as Cro being a good user defender, do you move him to safety or user him as a cb?
Back to top Go down
RJ SHAKER

RJ SHAKER

PostSubject: Re: New here and need some advice   New here and need some advice EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 4:51 pm

cowboys with some depth changes are a very solid team for defense and offense with a beast TE and dez and austin at WR and a pretty accurate QB. also the saints defense is great too. and obviously their offense is good haha
Back to top Go down
CookieMonsta

CookieMonsta

PostSubject: Re: New here and need some advice   New here and need some advice EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 5:56 pm

kaotik928 wrote:
To bad Cro's Madden skills were lost in the real games....anyway, I moved Weddle to SS and use Stuckey as my FS. Stuckey has had pretty good for me online with picks and such. Maybe if I user him it will compensate for where his Madden ratings lack, we'll see.

As far as Cro being a good user defender, do you move him to safety or user him as a cb?

Well last year I moved him to safety, as long as the Jets have a third corner that's serviceable then I would definitely do that. If all the remaining CBs are below 85 speed, I would leave him at CB. I'll have to check out the Jets depth chart.
Back to top Go down
built2destroy58

PostSubject: Re: New here and need some advice   New here and need some advice EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 7:10 pm

kaotik928 wrote:

Thanks

Welcome man here you will find the friendliest humblest most active passionate madden players here I would lime to add ushering takes practice and fearlessness because you will get burned it's just anticipating and getting better here you will learn how to develop strengths patch weaknesses improve schemes and use personnel effectively you are in the right place be active in the forums and once again welcome

If you need any practice I'm here on ps3...psn:built2destroy58
Sgibs( part creator) wangtangkiki, jaynizz, and userpick to name a few are all active everyday on the ps3 and we will all be more than happy to help
Back to top Go down
kaotik928

PostSubject: Re: New here and need some advice   New here and need some advice EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 12:42 am

Thanks guys!! I am currently chrging my new headset and will add whoever has requested. I will also look to find other members on the ps3. Thanks for he advice and looking forward to playing and learning from you guys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New here and need some advice   New here and need some advice Empty

Back to top Go down

New here and need some advice
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Madden Bible :: Madden NFL 2012 :: Madden NFL 2012 General-
Jump to: