Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Detroit Robbed?

Go down 
+12
wangtangkiki
Titan
xxPaTrioTs
xHHx_JayNizz
bakagaijin
more cowbell
ezekjuninor
spincter
hitsquad
steelersfan0023
UseRPicK101
king_jason2
16 posters
AuthorMessage
king_jason2

king_jason2

Detroit Robbed? Empty
PostSubject: Detroit Robbed?   Detroit Robbed? EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 8:47 pm

Im sure im not the only one who thinks this is complete BS detroit won this game imo.... also calvin johnson is a freak
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Video-Controversial-rule-strips-Lions-of-first-?urn=nfl-269035

PS: i have arian foster on my team as a fantasy RB LOL guy did absolute WORK!!! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
http://j.crabb2@yahoo.com
UseRPicK101

UseRPicK101

Detroit Robbed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detroit Robbed?   Detroit Robbed? EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 10:15 pm

yeah that new force out rule is complete BS they shouldve won that game

ps. i hate to say but bob sanders is the SOFTEST guy in the NFL(i hate to knock on my own colts)
Back to top Go down
steelersfan0023

Detroit Robbed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detroit Robbed?   Detroit Robbed? EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 10:52 pm

dude he really is always injured, and yeah he did get robbed everyone knows it should've been a touchdown but thats the rules
Back to top Go down
hitsquad

hitsquad

Detroit Robbed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detroit Robbed?   Detroit Robbed? EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 11:18 pm

yea they shoould hav won
Back to top Go down
spincter

spincter

Detroit Robbed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detroit Robbed?   Detroit Robbed? EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 1:31 am

bears fan just to clean out my closet that was one hell of a rocket catch and common sense says it should have been a catch. i dont understand the rule that says a catch is not a catch if you land on the ground catching it and then let it touch the ground. experts say it was the right call technically but im still not sure how it wasnt a catch
Back to top Go down
steelersfan0023

Detroit Robbed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detroit Robbed?   Detroit Robbed? EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 2:48 am

Yeah it was definitely a catch I think everyone can agree on that, but I think the rule says you must maintain control of the ball throughout the whole process of the catch, but basically they got fucked on a technicality
Back to top Go down
ezekjuninor

ezekjuninor

Detroit Robbed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detroit Robbed?   Detroit Robbed? EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 7:55 am

Wow, they really were robbed, i don't even get why it wasnt given
Back to top Go down
more cowbell

more cowbell

Detroit Robbed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detroit Robbed?   Detroit Robbed? EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 9:53 am

he landed on two feet and then 1 knee... and because the ball hits the ground. poor lions! haha
Back to top Go down
bakagaijin

bakagaijin

Detroit Robbed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detroit Robbed?   Detroit Robbed? EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 11:52 am

I was at the game and saw him make that catch right below me. I was already heading for the exit because no way was that not a TD. I am glad for the W because my Bears flat out dominated the game and let the Lions stay in the game but we are LUCKY to be 1-0.
Back to top Go down
xHHx_JayNizz

xHHx_JayNizz

Detroit Robbed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detroit Robbed?   Detroit Robbed? EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 12:37 pm

lol ignorant bear fan ^^^^^^
Back to top Go down
xxPaTrioTs

xxPaTrioTs

Detroit Robbed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detroit Robbed?   Detroit Robbed? EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 4:43 pm

That just pisses me the F#$& off. Lol, the bum refs probably got paid enough money to retire after that call.
Back to top Go down
Titan

Detroit Robbed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detroit Robbed?   Detroit Robbed? EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 4:51 pm

Technically, Detroit wasnt robbed at all. If that is called a Touchdown, then the Bears are the ones being robbed.

Refs made the correct call on a shitty rule, so they arent the ones to blame.

Calvin Johnson is a great reciever, you would think he would hold on to the ball with 2 hands all the way through the catch.
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

Detroit Robbed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detroit Robbed?   Detroit Robbed? EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 6:42 pm

I see why it was ruled an incomplete pass.. but there needs to be something added saying "If the receiver has possession of the ball and makes a maneuver to stand up then drops it, it's still a complete pass"

something like that...
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

Detroit Robbed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detroit Robbed?   Detroit Robbed? EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 9:19 am

that was a TD! the man had possession of the ball all the way...from the catch...to falling down. it was only when he went to get up that the ball dropped. this is why you can't leave the game in the refs hands. smh! teams have to do their best to blast their opponents every chance they get to avoid these garbage calls!

~Mili
Back to top Go down
ezekjuninor

ezekjuninor

Detroit Robbed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detroit Robbed?   Detroit Robbed? EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 1:15 pm

I guess you can't change the rules because 1 team
Back to top Go down
more cowbell

more cowbell

Detroit Robbed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detroit Robbed?   Detroit Robbed? EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 1:25 pm

if that TD would have stood, i would be 1-0 in my fantasy football league! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Titan

Detroit Robbed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detroit Robbed?   Detroit Robbed? EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 1:35 pm

This call was ruled the other way when Lance Moore caught that 2 point conversion in the Super Bowl.

Its a very wishy-washy rule with too much gray area.
Back to top Go down
hitsquad

hitsquad

Detroit Robbed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detroit Robbed?   Detroit Robbed? EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 4:21 pm

more cowbell wrote:
if that TD would have stood, i would be 1-0 in my fantasy football league! Crying or Very sad
same here
Back to top Go down
built2destroy58

Detroit Robbed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detroit Robbed?   Detroit Robbed? EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 10:18 pm

I love the "process"

chi town stand up for now...J pep d@mn near tore staffords arm off lol
Back to top Go down
TheCrew22

TheCrew22

Detroit Robbed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detroit Robbed?   Detroit Robbed? EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 4:34 pm

As a packer fan, i wish they would have gave him the touchdown.. But technically its an incomplete pass so thats what they gotta call even though its a stupid rule
Back to top Go down
Fuzzypotato

Fuzzypotato

Detroit Robbed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detroit Robbed?   Detroit Robbed? EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 3:15 pm

im a lions fan and i think the call was complete crap. i believe that shouldve been ruled a catch and detroit shouldve won that game. as far as common sense goes that is catch but if you read the rule carefully it wasnt a catch.. but what can you do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Detroit Robbed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detroit Robbed?   Detroit Robbed? Empty

Back to top Go down

Detroit Robbed?
Page 1 of 1