Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Greg Paulus named starting Quarterback for Syracuse

Go down 
AuthorMessage
i3rian 87

i3rian 87

Greg Paulus named starting Quarterback for Syracuse Empty
PostSubject: Greg Paulus named starting Quarterback for Syracuse   Greg Paulus named starting Quarterback for Syracuse EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 3:49 pm

thoughts?

I'm a North Carolina fan, and let me say that I have never liked Paulus, I think he is a little punk. But now with that last bit of eligibility left over from playing basketball for Coach K at Duke, he is playing Quarterback for Syracuse, and was recently named the teams starter for this upcoming season.

What does this mean? Well it goes to show you how poor the Quarterbacks at Syracuse are, and how athletic this kid is. It is no secret he was a stud at QB in high school, and was offered scholarships to play at Miami(FL) and Notre Dame. But he has been out of football for four years, and now he isnt exactly facing off against 18 year old high school, but college players who are bigger stronger and faster, and hit a helluva lot harder.

Personally, I don't blame him for doing what he is doing. Who wouldn't want a 5th year of college? Who wouldn't want to be the starting quarterback of a big named Division 1 football team (even if they have been on the downfall the past couple of years) in the area you are from (he went to high school in Syracuse, NY). However, I don't see him doing too well. Football is a crazy game where defensive schemes are constantly updated and re-vamped and missing the game for so long will be his demise. All of this is an indication of how poor the Syracuse program is right now.

Who knows, maybe he'll get the job done, but odds are against him and the Orange.
Back to top Go down
http://fourdownterritoryblog.blogspot.com/

Greg Paulus named starting Quarterback for Syracuse
Page 1 of 1