Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

To stop J Knox in upcoming league game

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
eelyak

To stop J Knox in upcoming league game Empty
PostSubject: To stop J Knox in upcoming league game   To stop J Knox in upcoming league game EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 3:51 am

In my League my DB's

CB Devin McCourty
CB Kareem Jackson
CB Chris Cook
CB David Jones

FS Brian Westbrook
SS Renaldo Hill

VS

Sydney Rice
J Knox
N Burleson

I use the 46 PB and on passing plays i usually will hit Nickel Norm, either double outside or nb blitz typically... and I know to get mucho pressure .. but how do I handle Knox, based on the stats the guy will throw to Knox #1, Rice #2, Steve Jackson #3.

My defense is ok and his oline is weak with injuries but what type of over the top coverage should i use to contact Knox.. i know he's gonna bomb it at least 3-8 times per game. My thought is to cover him with Jackson and Press coverage if knox is on the outside of the formation (dont think you can press slots..). Kareem has a nasty press rating in the 80's.. and know RLS is like 66 or so.. figure that will slow him down.

any suggestions?

thanks

Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: To stop J Knox in upcoming league game   To stop J Knox in upcoming league game EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 4:52 am

I definitely wouldn't press.. Especially if your CBs aren't fast enough to contain Knox.. Knox is a speedy WR.. if he beats press, you give up a TD.. Press/OL/Release.. those ratings don't matter as much as you think..

I think you should put your fastest CB on Knox at all times.. You want your highest MCV + height combination on Rice because Rice is 6'4".. and you want someone with a decent amount of speed on Burleson.. I don't know any of your CBs speeds.. I hope they are over 90 or you may have a tough time on defense.
Back to top Go down
stritzo

stritzo

PostSubject: Re: To stop J Knox in upcoming league game   To stop J Knox in upcoming league game EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 8:04 am

alls i can tell ya is chris cook is like 6'2 so that might help
Back to top Go down
sillyrbbt11

sillyrbbt11

PostSubject: Re: To stop J Knox in upcoming league game   To stop J Knox in upcoming league game EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 8:48 am

control the safety on the side Knox is

run back 20 yards before the snap

done..........
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: To stop J Knox in upcoming league game   To stop J Knox in upcoming league game EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 9:53 am

^shade knox and make sure he doesnt get over the top of you.

thanks silly! (and everyone else)
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
eelyak

PostSubject: Re: To stop J Knox in upcoming league game   To stop J Knox in upcoming league game EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 10:52 am

Yea, figured that was the plan. Out of the 46 should i abandon nickel and go with dime or quarter for this game to put more coverage guys in? Thanks for all the tips fellas.
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: To stop J Knox in upcoming league game   To stop J Knox in upcoming league game EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 3:44 pm

You could run 46 Speed Package.. It's the same as Dime personnel.. plus it has some nice plays.. With Knox on the field, I would definitely not risk having less than 3 CBs on the field at once.. I'd probably go with Dime just because your slow CBs [If they are slow.] I'd go w/ Dime actually because I'd rather have CBs on WRs than take a chance at having a LB on a slot WR.
Back to top Go down
eelyak

PostSubject: Re: To stop J Knox in upcoming league game   To stop J Knox in upcoming league game EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 3:49 pm

firstname lastname overrat agi accl jmp spd mcov zcov
Chris Cook 70 86 81 89 89 75 83
Kareem Jackson 73 87 84 85 90 90 81
Devin McCourty 74 90 92 86 93 81 88

is nice having all the players stats in a db for query Smile
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: To stop J Knox in upcoming league game   To stop J Knox in upcoming league game EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 3:51 pm

Not exactly the fastest, but I'd have McCourty on Knox.. He has a good enough man coverage, the fastets CB.. He doesn't have terrible accel like Kareem Jackson does.
Back to top Go down
eelyak

PostSubject: Re: To stop J Knox in upcoming league game   To stop J Knox in upcoming league game EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 3:54 pm

firstname lastname overrat agi accl jmp spd mcov zcov
Kareem Jackson 73 87 84 85 90 90 81
Devin McCourty 74 90 92 86 93 81 88

So you take the +3 spd over the +9 in man coverage?
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: To stop J Knox in upcoming league game   To stop J Knox in upcoming league game EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 4:34 pm

Yeah because of Kareem Jackson's 84 acc. That's why I mentioned his terrible accel Razz It's realllllly bad.. Accel is really important this year.. and 84 is BAD.
Back to top Go down
eelyak

PostSubject: Re: To stop J Knox in upcoming league game   To stop J Knox in upcoming league game EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 4:48 pm

appreciate it, thanks much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To stop J Knox in upcoming league game   To stop J Knox in upcoming league game Empty

Back to top Go down

To stop J Knox in upcoming league game
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Madden Bible :: Madden NFL 2012 :: Madden NFL 2012 General-
Jump to: