Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

B.O.A.T. gotw question

Go down 
+3
g44
wangtangkiki
LOTT0042
7 posters
AuthorMessage
LOTT0042

LOTT0042

B.O.A.T. gotw question Empty
PostSubject: B.O.A.T. gotw question   B.O.A.T. gotw question EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 10:01 pm

During this last GOTW against the Eagles it seemed like the BOAT got rocked. Just curious with all the pages and coverage why it looked like SGIBS only ran the same 4 maybe 5 plays on offense and the same for defense. With the breadth of coverage couldn't a change up have made a difference on either side of the ball. Was the gameplay intentionally scaled back to preserve the ebook etc?
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: B.O.A.T. gotw question   B.O.A.T. gotw question EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 10:11 pm

That's a great question.

It's not scaled back..

It seems like he loses focus & doesn't use the rest of his plays.. like he may panic [not literally...] and just use his money play..

Trust me, it happens to everyone.. Definitely myself.
Back to top Go down
LOTT0042

LOTT0042

PostSubject: Re: B.O.A.T. gotw question   B.O.A.T. gotw question EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 10:13 pm

Thanks wangtangkiki i'm not really battle tested but i can see how it would be easy to get tunnel vision especially facing vick and his ned 93 rating lol. thanks for the free guides it is helping me get acclimated this years version. Not to get off topic but can you turn off auto sprint and strafe for online games - its messing me up. thanks again!
Back to top Go down
g44

PostSubject: Re: B.O.A.T. gotw question   B.O.A.T. gotw question EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 6:00 pm

Yes you can, go to settings, turn both off, save your profile.
Back to top Go down
LOTT0042

LOTT0042

PostSubject: Re: B.O.A.T. gotw question   B.O.A.T. gotw question EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 1:24 am

awesome thanks g44
Back to top Go down
Sam Fisher

PostSubject: Re: B.O.A.T. gotw question   B.O.A.T. gotw question EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 12:13 pm

LOTT0042 wrote:
During this last GOTW against the Eagles it seemed like the BOAT got rocked. Just curious with all the pages and coverage why it looked like SGIBS only ran the same 4 maybe 5 plays on offense and the same for defense. With the breadth of coverage couldn't a change up have made a difference on either side of the ball. Was the gameplay intentionally scaled back to preserve the ebook etc?

i was thinking the same thing, if SGIBS could answer this question it would be nice to hear his logic.
Back to top Go down
eelyak

PostSubject: Re: B.O.A.T. gotw question   B.O.A.T. gotw question EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 11:40 pm

he kept the kayak on the DL Smile maybe thats the secret weapon Smile
Back to top Go down
ZFarls
Admin
ZFarls

PostSubject: Re: B.O.A.T. gotw question   B.O.A.T. gotw question EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 10:05 am

Good question, its not a ploy to get more people to buy.

Gibs wasn't 100% sure what Harlem was running on defense. He had the same problem against Sjack (despite the points) but couldnt 100% tell what harlem was in.

Also, even though Gibs seems to be in the same formation, he is making insane little adjustments every play. If he sees man, he will make hot routes to a play, vs whether its zone. It looks like the same play on TV, but it has little tweaks to it.

He went for the deep LB throw and hit it 2/3 times. One was the pick tho, just a bad ball by the raiders, nothing more to it. He found the weakness. The score was pretty close too, but harlem just possesed the ball and ate the clock. Big 4th down conversions.

You have your main scheme with 5ish plays and if they are working you keep going. You make small adjustments every time but this is your biggest comfort level so you stick in with it. Good Q
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
LOTT0042

LOTT0042

PostSubject: Re: B.O.A.T. gotw question   B.O.A.T. gotw question EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 10:09 am

Thanks ZFarls love this site you guys are awesome!
Back to top Go down
razedlycan

PostSubject: Re: B.O.A.T. gotw question   B.O.A.T. gotw question EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 1:56 pm

LOTT0042 wrote:

I agree with wang, in the heat of a competitive battle, it is easy to forget so many of your plays and stick to what you think should work. even if someone shuts down your go to plays, you will keep trying to see if there is a way to make them work. by the time you decide to use different plays, the game might already be out of hand. Hindsight is 20/20 afterall
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: B.O.A.T. gotw question   B.O.A.T. gotw question Empty

Back to top Go down

B.O.A.T. gotw question
Page 1 of 1