Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Defensive playbook suited for zone base defense

Go down 
+5
xHHx_megatron
blood9585
abdaninja
Edge
Kingz
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Kingz

Kingz

Defensive playbook suited for zone base defense Empty
PostSubject: Defensive playbook suited for zone base defense   Defensive playbook suited for zone base defense EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 8:49 am

are there any playbooks that are better suited to run a zone based defense out of then others?
Back to top Go down
Edge

PostSubject: Re: Defensive playbook suited for zone base defense   Defensive playbook suited for zone base defense EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 12:27 am

i say 34 Solid. My solid is hell
Back to top Go down
abdaninja

abdaninja

PostSubject: Re: Defensive playbook suited for zone base defense   Defensive playbook suited for zone base defense EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 10:14 pm

Edge wrote:
i say 34 Solid. My solid is hell

whats ur solid sir add me on xbl tdwp ninja

i would love to hear about it man if u dont mind sharing some concepts i jus switched back to jets pb
Back to top Go down
Kingz

Kingz

PostSubject: Re: Defensive playbook suited for zone base defense   Defensive playbook suited for zone base defense EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 5:00 am

is the jets d worth switching to? im not very good at blitzing so i play more of a conserv defense.cover 2 ect
Back to top Go down
blood9585

blood9585

PostSubject: Re: Defensive playbook suited for zone base defense   Defensive playbook suited for zone base defense EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 1:29 pm

I wouldn't recommend NYJ D playbook over the 46, bears, or even ravens if you like cover 2 schemes. All are similar with 1 or 2 formation tweaks.
Back to top Go down
http://WiseMaddenConcepts.Blogspot.com
xHHx_megatron

xHHx_megatron

PostSubject: Re: Defensive playbook suited for zone base defense   Defensive playbook suited for zone base defense EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 2:40 am

46 has the best everything...has been and will always be.. 4-3 also has nice coverages (for 4-3, I recommend using chicago, carolina, tennesse, philli or cover 2 defensive playbooks)
Back to top Go down
Kingz

Kingz

PostSubject: Re: Defensive playbook suited for zone base defense   Defensive playbook suited for zone base defense EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 4:56 am

thanks mega i'll try that,would u recommend just using the str8 4-3 playbook or are the team playbooks better
Back to top Go down
xHHx_megatron

xHHx_megatron

PostSubject: Re: Defensive playbook suited for zone base defense   Defensive playbook suited for zone base defense EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 9:30 pm

some teams are better then the 4-3 playbook....chicago has the best..

all 4-3 formations, 46, dime flat are included just off the top of my head..lol
Back to top Go down
prophet

prophet

PostSubject: Re: Defensive playbook suited for zone base defense   Defensive playbook suited for zone base defense EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 7:32 pm

I like Philly's book, but Ive heard Chicago has more 4-3 stuff also
Back to top Go down
Danger

Danger

PostSubject: Re: Defensive playbook suited for zone base defense   Defensive playbook suited for zone base defense EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 8:47 pm

The biggest difference between CHI's playbook and PHI's playbook is the unique 3-3-5 that most 3-4 base playbooks have CHI's has it Philly does not. In my personal opinion I think PHI's playbook offers the most as it has the 46, Nickle Normal, Nickle strong, 3-3-5 etc... there both great playbooks though but if you are looking for a good 4-3 base playbook you might check TEN's for the 4-4 and ATL's for the 2-4-5.
Back to top Go down
UppingMyGame

UppingMyGame

PostSubject: Re: Defensive playbook suited for zone base defense   Defensive playbook suited for zone base defense EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 9:46 pm

I started out as a really blitz-heavy player so I ran with the Jets and Ravens a lot, but since I started using Chicago (my favorite team, go figure) and the 46 more I've really started balancing out my play-calling between man and zone. Don't know if I'd really like using the Bears D-book though, seems like I allow a lot more completions when I'm in Cover 2. I'll have to check it out.

On-topic though, I've fallen in love with the 46 as a zone defense and I don't even use it to its full potential.
Back to top Go down
zboy365

zboy365

PostSubject: Re: Defensive playbook suited for zone base defense   Defensive playbook suited for zone base defense EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 12:50 am

hey King im gonna throw in my 2 cents..

setting up pressure from zone D seems to take too long from the 34 jets schemes.

I love Chicago and Philly d books and their 43 zone schemes and nickel zone and if you wanna run Man they have the 46 which you can use the speed package from.

They have alot of blitzes in the 43 normal that scream with 1 to two setups just experiement and try using the Man Align defensive adjustment to set your lbs up for some nice blitz schemes. 43 over is nice too. you should search for some 43 blitz schemes on the forums some guys posted some nice info on zone D here.

I dont like 34 this year but if you wanna run Jets D, I highly recommend using the Nickel Sub because it gets very confusing for your opponent to decipher whats happening and also Sgibs just did a video on the nickel oddsplit/sub formation zone D's
Back to top Go down
Kingz

Kingz

PostSubject: Re: Defensive playbook suited for zone base defense   Defensive playbook suited for zone base defense EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 1:49 am

ive bin using the 46 alot lately zone stretch cover 2 hawk and inside blitz have bin great still looking to expand on my play calling tho
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Defensive playbook suited for zone base defense   Defensive playbook suited for zone base defense Empty

Back to top Go down

Defensive playbook suited for zone base defense
Page 1 of 1