Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

My 4-6 defensive scheme

Go down 
+5
GunfusedX
B81JOHNSON
SteelersPSUfan
WFColonel56
jordanl95
9 posters
AuthorMessage
jordanl95

jordanl95

My 4-6 defensive scheme Empty
PostSubject: My 4-6 defensive scheme   My 4-6 defensive scheme EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 10:43 pm

Alright guys since we are all in the christmas spirit im gonna show you an amazing blitz i came around a few weeks ago that ive been using exclusively lately. The play is called zone blitz out of 4-6 normal. This blitz will bring the DE free on the right and you can also flip the play and get the left DE free, this is great to mix in with any 46 scheme because it doesnt look like any blitz is coming at all and when you try it youll see for youself.... here is the setup

1. freeze D
2. globally put all LB's in zone
3. spread D line
4. Press Coverage
5. Reblitz RDT and RDE(on screen)

Why this works is the blitzing angle of the SS angles toward the RT which forces him to go toward the SS and allows the RDE to come free while only rushing 3 with great zone coverage behind it. You must press the coverage because when you do this is what makes the SS(the one blitzing) stay where he is... and that is crucial for this blitz to work.... This blitz will pretty much always come in.. But a RB will pick it up. But when you get really good at the setup you just need to flip it away from the back. Just mixing this in with my scheme has forced so many turnovers, because as i said it looks like no heat is coming because everyone is backed up... plus you still got 8 in coverage and there is no fake blitz required.

I will post some more 4-6 defensive plays throughout the week to do my part, and to give back to all of you who have helped me improve in this game.
Back to top Go down
jordanl95

jordanl95

PostSubject: Re: My 4-6 defensive scheme   My 4-6 defensive scheme EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 10:47 pm

Here is another blitz... this can be done from any play in the 4-6

1. Crash D line left
2. Reblitz RDT(on screen)
3. spy LDE (on screen)
4. Reblitz right side LB and stack him on the inside hip of the RDT
5. Fake blitz over center

This blitz will bring A gap heat while only rushing 4 people

Back to top Go down
jordanl95

jordanl95

PostSubject: Re: My 4-6 defensive scheme   My 4-6 defensive scheme EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 10:53 pm

Here is another nice blitz ive been using for a while... this will bring outside pressure from the left or right.... left if not flipped... right if flipped. This can also be done with any play from the 46..

1. freeze D(optional)
2. spread line
3. Show blitz
4. globally blitz LOLB which will be a safety on the left edge...
5. spy LDE(on screen)
6. contain LDT
7. you can put the RDT and RDE in zones of your choice... just dont spy either of them cause this blitz works better when you ONLY spy the LDE.

It sounds like a long setup put trust me it takes like 3 or 4 seconds.... The LOLB(safety) will come through untouched and your really only rushing 1 person......
Back to top Go down
jordanl95

jordanl95

PostSubject: Re: My 4-6 defensive scheme   My 4-6 defensive scheme EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 11:02 pm

This blitz will bring pressure from the Left B gap and this is key because most blitz from the 4-6 are from the strong side... this blitz is only rushing 4 people.. Once again... this can be done from any play in the 4-6

1. Freeze D(optional) you can also show blitz if you like.. i dont.. but it doesnt really matter
2. Place LB in the left B gap.... in the middle of the left guard and left tackle
3. Spy RDE(on screen)
4. Fake blitz with the FS over center

This heat will scream from the left b gap... also you should place your other LB in the other B gap so your opponent wont know what side the heat is coming from.. since most people are used to the popular right side B gap.... If your not aware of the right side b gap blitz.... here is my version of it...
The play is zone stretch...
1. place LB in the right B gap... between the RDT and RDE (on screen)
2. put the LDE in any zone of choice.
3. (optional) You can put the Left DT in anything you want (the dt over the center) But i usually just leave him as is.

The reason why this blitz works so well is because the RDE blitzing angle runs outward which makes the RT follow him and the LB shoots threw a wide open gap....
Back to top Go down
WFColonel56

WFColonel56

PostSubject: Re: My 4-6 defensive scheme   My 4-6 defensive scheme EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 11:03 pm

thanks man
Back to top Go down
http://www.wfcolonelswarroom.com
SteelersPSUfan

PostSubject: Re: My 4-6 defensive scheme   My 4-6 defensive scheme EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 11:13 pm

Really nice work. Thanks man
Back to top Go down
B81JOHNSON

PostSubject: Re: My 4-6 defensive scheme   My 4-6 defensive scheme EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 12:02 am

This might be a dumb question but what do you mean by Freeze D??
Back to top Go down
GunfusedX

GunfusedX

PostSubject: Re: My 4-6 defensive scheme   My 4-6 defensive scheme EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 1:33 am

B81JOHNSON wrote:
This might be a dumb question but what do you mean by Freeze D??
"man align"
Back to top Go down
jordanl95

jordanl95

PostSubject: Re: My 4-6 defensive scheme   My 4-6 defensive scheme EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 1:58 am

ill probably add more tommorow... just trying to give back a small portion of what i was given from all of you.
Back to top Go down
GunfusedX

GunfusedX

PostSubject: Re: My 4-6 defensive scheme   My 4-6 defensive scheme EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 2:47 am

good stuff jordan we love to have people like you in OUR community, keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
CookieMonsta

CookieMonsta

PostSubject: Re: My 4-6 defensive scheme   My 4-6 defensive scheme EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 9:39 am

Great work dude, this is awesome!
Back to top Go down
jordanl95

jordanl95

PostSubject: Re: My 4-6 defensive scheme   My 4-6 defensive scheme EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 9:56 am

My version of the contain D out of nickle normal

Cover 1

1. Freeze D
2. Spread D line
3. Pinch LB's
4. Contain left side backer
5. blitz LE(on screen)
6. place RDT and RDE in any zone of choice

The reason why i spread the line and pinch the backers is because it is a much easier setup since you dont need to manually move anyone.... i also mix this in with my 46 scheme and it has been fire... This also looks like no blitz is coming but is a different look to catch your opponent off guard.
Back to top Go down
jordanl95

jordanl95

PostSubject: Re: My 4-6 defensive scheme   My 4-6 defensive scheme EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 6:41 pm

Here is a 3-4 blitz i found today.... i found it in the NYJ playbook but it should be in many other 3-4 playbooks...(ex. Pitt SD GB BAL)

The play is called MLB Storm blitz i believe 3-4 normal .... its the play where both LBs are blitzing with man coverage behind it...

The setup
1. Show blitz
2. Freeze D(optional)
3. Crash D line left
4. Fake blitz with FS in blue zone over the RT

This blitz will come in no matter what the slide protection.... this is similar heat to the 3-4 normal pinch plays except you are only bringing 5 people and slide protection wont block it.

BTW any questions regarding any of these blitzes just ask your questions here.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ryker3

Ryker3

PostSubject: Re: My 4-6 defensive scheme   My 4-6 defensive scheme EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 7:02 pm

I have been tryin these out, they are great! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: My 4-6 defensive scheme   My 4-6 defensive scheme EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 8:59 pm

thanks for these Jordan.

tuff loss for your boys 2day bruh! i definitely know the feeling. Sad

but...

great win for my Ravens against the vaunted Saints 2day! cheers

~Mili
Back to top Go down
jordanl95

jordanl95

PostSubject: Re: My 4-6 defensive scheme   My 4-6 defensive scheme EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 11:29 pm

i cant say we didnt play well, run game was on point.. just didnt go our way. What killed us was penalties. Im glad troy is getting his rest for when it matters most..
Back to top Go down
jordanl95

jordanl95

PostSubject: Re: My 4-6 defensive scheme   My 4-6 defensive scheme EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 9:34 am

Here is the man version of the first play I posted
You can literally run these two blitzes all game mixing up between man and zone.
The play is the olb dogs play, the play with both olb blitzing, this will also be a easy setup with a 3
Man rush and the de coming free
1. Press coverage(this gets db in perfect position to have the de come in free so don't touch the right side blitzing SS after pressing coverage
2. Reblitz right side de
3. Hot route LDT LDE and the left blitzing backer/safety into zones of you'd choice
4. Don't forget to spread d line

This play can be flipped to get pressure on the other side also
This play gets amazing pressure while having the de scream in untouched wit amazing coverage behind it, I highly encourage you guys to mix this blitz in your scheme.

Last edited by jordanl95 on Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jordanl95

jordanl95

PostSubject: Re: My 4-6 defensive scheme   My 4-6 defensive scheme EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 10:10 am

Sorry if there are an punctuation errors, I typed this on my iPhone, I'll try to edit it later on my laptop when I get home. I'm also not sure if I got the exact name of the play down cause Im not at home right now, but it's the play with two outside blotters and the safety in a deep Zone. Now that I think of it I think the play might be called outside rush
Back to top Go down
abdaninja

abdaninja

PostSubject: Re: My 4-6 defensive scheme   My 4-6 defensive scheme EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 10:11 pm

jordanl95 wrote:
Sorry if there are an punctuation errors, I typed this on my iPhone, I'll try to edit it later on my laptop when I get home. I'm also not sure if I got the exact name of the play down cause Im not at home right now, but it's the play with two outside blotters and the safety in a deep Zone. Now that I think of it I think the play might be called outside rush

great sh!t no need to say sorry i wanna post something myself but i been so busy and havent touched my 360 ima try this out good stuff man appreciate the hard work
Back to top Go down
jordanl95

jordanl95

PostSubject: Re: My 4-6 defensive scheme   My 4-6 defensive scheme EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 9:25 am

Thanks bruh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My 4-6 defensive scheme   My 4-6 defensive scheme Empty

Back to top Go down

My 4-6 defensive scheme
Page 1 of 1