Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

2009 Fantasy Football Draft

Go down 
+5
chris
Patsfan26
TheCrew22
bakagaijin
sgibs
9 posters
AuthorMessage
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

2009 Fantasy Football Draft Empty
PostSubject: 2009 Fantasy Football Draft   2009 Fantasy Football Draft EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 10:08 am

Alright fellas I need your help.

I already got my mind set on a few players but I thought I would take the opinion of hte MB community as well. Also note that Farls is in this league. So, at all costs I must beat him.

Thanks guys!

Whose your gems?

Whose your hidden guys?

Whose you guy?

We all "got a guy"
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
bakagaijin

bakagaijin

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Fantasy Football Draft   2009 Fantasy Football Draft EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 10:58 am

sgibs7 wrote:

I already got my mind set on a few players but I thought I would take the opinion of hte MB community as well. Also note that Farls is in this league. So, at all costs I must beat him.

Thanks guys!

Whose your gems?

Whose your hidden guys?

Whose you guy?

We all "got a guy"

Greg Olsen in the 6th round if you can get him. He will be a top 3 TE this year. Also, get McCoy after you fill your starter spots because Westbrook is going down early this year and McCoy is a stud. Mendenhall is another I would target.
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Fantasy Football Draft   2009 Fantasy Football Draft EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 11:06 am

bakagaijin wrote:
sgibs7 wrote:

Thanks guys!

Whose your gems?

Whose your hidden guys?

Whose you guy?

We all "got a guy"

Greg Olsen in the 6th round if you can get him. He will be a top 3 TE this year. Also, get McCoy after you fill your starter spots because Westbrook is going down early this year and McCoy is a stud. Mendenhall is another I would target.

I like olsen espcially because of Jay Cutlet Sandwich but in Denver he didnt pass much to the TE. different O philosophy? Olsen was a stud in college and was supposed to make a splash.

I think he was apart of the 7th floor crew as well. lol

WHATS MY NAME...big NICK..what I do? SLING *ICK
Back to top Go down
bakagaijin

bakagaijin

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Fantasy Football Draft   2009 Fantasy Football Draft EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 11:22 am

sgibs7 wrote:

I like olsen espcially because of Jay Cutlet Sandwich but in Denver he didnt pass much to the TE. different O philosophy? Olsen was a stud in college and was supposed to make a splash.

I think he was apart of the 7th floor crew as well. lol

WHATS MY NAME...big NICK..what I do? SLING *ICK

Yeah, but I think that will turn around as the season goes on. Let's face it, Hester is not a true #1 WR and I think Cutler is figuring that out. Besides, if you watched the whole Bears/Broncos game (which of course I did) Cutler did target Olsen several times and one play should have been like a 30 yard pick up but Olsen just dropped the ball. May have dropped more than one.

Olsen was the #1 receiver on the Bears last year and that will be the case this year just with more Yards and TDs. Just a humble, non-biased Bears fan's opinion. lol
Back to top Go down
TheCrew22

TheCrew22

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Fantasy Football Draft   2009 Fantasy Football Draft EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 4:41 pm

If you can get Aaron Rodgers get him... legit top 3-4 fantasy QB.
Also expect the Packers defense to get quite a few turnovers this year with their agressive 3-4 scheme.
Back to top Go down
Patsfan26

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Fantasy Football Draft   2009 Fantasy Football Draft EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 5:50 pm

Felix Jones averaged 8.9 yards per carry last year before getting hurt. He'll get more carries than last year and if barber gets hurt I think he'll be a top 10 RB. Also D. Ward on the bucs this year is great cuz he is the starter instead of being the backup on the Giants. He averaged 5 yards a carry last year as a backup and he can do it again. And if he gets the touchdowns instead of E. *Grahnm he'll be a breakout fantasy player this year. And beanie wells who is also a starter and the goaline back in Arizona. I have all these guys and all 3 have chance to be the best fantasy sleeper of 2009.
Back to top Go down
Patsfan26

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Fantasy Football Draft   2009 Fantasy Football Draft EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 5:54 pm

TheCrew22 wrote:
If you can get Aaron Rodgers get him... legit top 3-4 fantasy QB.
Also expect the Packers defense to get quite a few turnovers this year with their agressive 3-4 scheme.

Never pay high for a QB. If it's the forth round and Brady is there by all means take him but not earlier. There is plenty of good quarterbacks but there is a lot less depth in good wr's and RB's.
Back to top Go down
chris

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Fantasy Football Draft   2009 Fantasy Football Draft EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 6:30 pm

i disagree with u pats.a good quarterback with peyton brees or brady or even rodgers will definitly help u win especially considering that a quarterback runs the entire offense and u also need 2 take into consideration wh they have around them i.e. brady has an AMAZING wr core.peyton sort of but not really.brees no but he was unstopabble last year anyway and wil have another good year.rodgers has 2 solid wr's in jennings and driver.
Back to top Go down
bakagaijin

bakagaijin

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Fantasy Football Draft   2009 Fantasy Football Draft EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 12:54 am

chris wrote:
i disagree with u pats.a good quarterback with peyton brees or brady or even rodgers will definitly help u win especially considering that a quarterback runs the entire offense and u also need 2 take into consideration wh they have around them i.e. brady has an AMAZING wr core.peyton sort of but not really.brees no but he was unstopabble last year anyway and wil have another good year.rodgers has 2 solid wr's in jennings and driver.

Yeah, depending on who they are - Brees, Brady, Manning and maybe Rodgers are worth a high pick.
Back to top Go down
i3rian 87

i3rian 87

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Fantasy Football Draft   2009 Fantasy Football Draft EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 10:03 am

Austin Collie, WR, Colts.

He will be Mannings Slot Receiver this year with Marvin Harrison not on the field, moving Anthony Gonzalez to the wing. Remember how effective Brandon Stoakley and Gonzalez were at this role?
Back to top Go down
http://fourdownterritoryblog.blogspot.com/
bakagaijin

bakagaijin

PostSubject: Rip on my fantasy team   2009 Fantasy Football Draft EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 10:19 am

Hey, in the same theme of fantasy football, I recently completed my draft and thought I would share my team with you guys and see what you think. This is a 12 team league, no flex player and no points per reception.

QB1: J. Cutler (CHI)
RB1: M. Forte (CHI)
RB2: P. Thomas (NO)
WR1: A. Johnson (HOU)
WR2: W. Welker (NE)
TE: K. Winslow (TB)
K: R. Longwell (MIN)
DST: Jets

QB2: T. Edwards (BUF)
RB3: L. McCoy (PHI)
RB4: R. Mendenhall (PIT)
WR3: L. Moore (NO)
WR4: C. Chambers (SD)
WR5: E. Royal (DEN)
Back to top Go down
ZFarls
Admin
ZFarls

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Fantasy Football Draft   2009 Fantasy Football Draft EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 7:33 pm

Hey, thats a nice team right there, too bad with welker its not PPR

My team from last night...

Brady
T. Jones
J. Addai (auto pick dang)
R. Wayne
B.Edwards
S.Breaston
Cooley
Tenn
Got 3rd best kicker

Bench
DREW BREES, YEAHHHH
Ahmad Bradshaw
Larry Maroney (NE)
Justin Gage
John Carlson (TE)

Gotta get nice with Brees though
Back to top Go down
bakagaijin

bakagaijin

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Fantasy Football Draft   2009 Fantasy Football Draft EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 7:58 pm

ZFarls wrote:
Hey, thats a nice team right there, too bad with welker its not PPR

My team from last night...

Brady
T. Jones
J. Addai (auto pick dang)
R. Wayne
B.Edwards
S.Breaston
Cooley
Tenn
Got 3rd best kicker

Bench
DREW BREES, YEAHHHH
Ahmad Bradshaw
Larry Maroney (NE)
Justin Gage
John Carlson (TE)

Gotta get nice with Brees though

d@mn... how'd you end up with both Brady AND Brees? Are you going to trade one of them? I would because Addai is going to hurt you I think.
Back to top Go down
chris

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Fantasy Football Draft   2009 Fantasy Football Draft EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 9:02 pm

yeh rly wtf is with the 2 top 3 quarterbacks?lol
Back to top Go down
Patsfan26

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Fantasy Football Draft   2009 Fantasy Football Draft EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 10:37 pm

I have....

LT
Chris Johnson
Frank gore
Andre Johnson
M. Colston
Brandon Marshall
Owen Danials
Ravens Defense
And whoever my kicker is.

Keep in mind this was a keeper leauge and I kept LT, Chris Johnson, and Andre Johnson and it is a 8 person money leauge.
Back to top Go down
bakagaijin

bakagaijin

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Fantasy Football Draft   2009 Fantasy Football Draft EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 12:01 am

Patsfan26 wrote:
I have....

LT
Chris Johnson
Frank gore
Andre Johnson
M. Colston
Brandon Marshall
Owen Danials
Ravens Defense
And whoever my kicker is.

Keep in mind this was a keeper leauge and I kept LT, Chris Johnson, and Andre Johnson and it is a 8 person money leauge.

So no QB huh. That must make it hard to win games.
Back to top Go down
chris

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Fantasy Football Draft   2009 Fantasy Football Draft EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 1:20 pm

no qb wtf o.o?
Back to top Go down
Patsfan26

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Fantasy Football Draft   2009 Fantasy Football Draft EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 2:27 pm

Oh my bad I have matt schuab, matt cassel, jay cutler, and Trent Edwards.
Back to top Go down
malaisej

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Fantasy Football Draft   2009 Fantasy Football Draft EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 10:23 pm

I think Fantasy Football has changed a little bit and you do need to grab a QB in the first 4 rounds. I use to wait until round 7 or so, then grab two. I do not think you can do that anymore. The top fantasy QBs, Brees, Brady, Warner, P. Manning, and Rivers, get stats that dwarf the other players, there is such a significant drop off, it is good to get a top 5 QB. Last year I had Rothlisberger and E. Manning, and that position hurt me.

A good strategy is to obviously load up on starting and backup RBs, get at least 1 top WR, and get a QB in the first 6 rounds. After the top WRs, so many WRs get virtually the same stats.

Always be on the lookout for backup RBs that are on teams with a good rushing history. I got Larry Johnson a few years ago when Priest was still starting, that was the year he went down and LJ became a fantasy stud. Some guys that might fit that bill this year: A. Bradshaw, Brown from Ind, Glen Coffee to name a few.

I always make my league playoffs. Mostly because I hit on the rookie RBs that have good seasons due to the ridiculous amount of college football I watch and I almost never pay attention to fantasy "Experts".
Back to top Go down
malaisej

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Fantasy Football Draft   2009 Fantasy Football Draft EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 10:34 pm

Also, as your draft goes along, pay attention to your byes. If you have Drew Brees or Brady, he will start for your team every week, grab a backup very late that has a bye a different week. It makes no sense to have two top level QBs. That means you wasted a pick that could have been used on a top RB or WR. It is dangerous to hope for a trade since so few leagues I have been in have had many, if any, trades.

Pay attention to the byes, you do not want 5 of your 6 RBs on bye the same week, same for WRs, and your backup TE, if you have one.

Grab a defense and K with your last two picks. I can see grabbing a truly elite defense a tad earlier, but many people draft these way too early. Depending on how many RBs are allowed to start in your league, you are going to want twice that many on your roster before you even think about a D. THe problem is people will start grabbing the Ravens or some other top D in the first 10 rounds. There is way too much quality available at the other positions to even think about a d at that point.
There is not that much difference between the 3rd best and 20th best defense in fantasy football.
I do very well each year by just adding a defense the week of, I go after whichever defense is facing the worst quarterback.

One more sleeper player. Jeremichael Finley TE Green Bay. He will get over 5 TDs and be a legit force at TE. I am a Packer fan, and Finley will be on the field a lot, and be used out wide in the RedZone. The Packer coaching staff is absolutely drooling over his ability and development. You should be able to get him in the last 4 rounds.
Back to top Go down
TheCrew22

TheCrew22

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Fantasy Football Draft   2009 Fantasy Football Draft EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 1:54 am

malaisej wrote:
Also, as your draft goes along, pay attention to your byes. If you have Drew Brees or Brady, he will start for your team every week, grab a backup very late that has a bye a different week. It makes no sense to have two top level QBs. That means you wasted a pick that could have been used on a top RB or WR. It is dangerous to hope for a trade since so few leagues I have been in have had many, if any, trades.

Pay attention to the byes, you do not want 5 of your 6 RBs on bye the same week, same for WRs, and your backup TE, if you have one.

Grab a defense and K with your last two picks. I can see grabbing a truly elite defense a tad earlier, but many people draft these way too early. Depending on how many RBs are allowed to start in your league, you are going to want twice that many on your roster before you even think about a D. THe problem is people will start grabbing the Ravens or some other top D in the first 10 rounds. There is way too much quality available at the other positions to even think about a d at that point.
There is not that much difference between the 3rd best and 20th best defense in fantasy football.
I do very well each year by just adding a defense the week of, I go after whichever defense is facing the worst quarterback.

One more sleeper player. Jeremichael Finley TE Green Bay. He will get over 5 TDs and be a legit force at TE. I am a Packer fan, and Finley will be on the field a lot, and be used out wide in the RedZone. The Packer coaching staff is absolutely drooling over his ability and development. You should be able to get him in the last 4 rounds.

You're my new best friend on this board lol!!
Back to top Go down
chris

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Fantasy Football Draft   2009 Fantasy Football Draft EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 1:09 pm

lolol ^
Back to top Go down
MaddenCurse

MaddenCurse

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Fantasy Football Draft   2009 Fantasy Football Draft EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 1:29 pm

Lol packer fans everywhere...im one too cheers
Back to top Go down
Patsfan26

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Fantasy Football Draft   2009 Fantasy Football Draft EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 11:33 pm

Look at my team. I had 7th pick and I have the best team in my leauge lol. The guys in my leauge are bad drafters. I know them all personally so trading easier.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Fantasy Football Draft   2009 Fantasy Football Draft Empty

Back to top Go down

2009 Fantasy Football Draft
Page 1 of 1