Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Blast from the Past (Madden 08 Madden Challenge)

Go down 
+11
ZFarls
ZAN
maineventbb15
more cowbell
ronslows10
xHHx_JayNizz
mp
maguffin82
jalapenos789
WFColonel56
sgibs
15 posters
AuthorMessage
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

Blast from the Past (Madden 08 Madden Challenge) Empty
PostSubject: Blast from the Past (Madden 08 Madden Challenge)   Blast from the Past (Madden 08 Madden Challenge) EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 1:03 am

2 minute mark Zfarls in the falcon Jersey and yours truly in the patriots hoody at 2:10 (dont mind the earings - it was a college thing)

Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
WFColonel56

WFColonel56

PostSubject: Re: Blast from the Past (Madden 08 Madden Challenge)   Blast from the Past (Madden 08 Madden Challenge) EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 1:06 am

lmao at dnt mind the ear ring
Back to top Go down
http://www.wfcolonelswarroom.com
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: Blast from the Past (Madden 08 Madden Challenge)   Blast from the Past (Madden 08 Madden Challenge) EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 1:08 am

^they were real cubc zerconia lol
Back to top Go down
jalapenos789

jalapenos789

PostSubject: Re: Blast from the Past (Madden 08 Madden Challenge)   Blast from the Past (Madden 08 Madden Challenge) EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 1:11 am

d@mn gibs. you look different! fitteddd, eeeeeeeh

haha
Back to top Go down
maguffin82

PostSubject: Re: Blast from the Past (Madden 08 Madden Challenge)   Blast from the Past (Madden 08 Madden Challenge) EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 1:13 am

All you Boston guys are hoods Smile
Back to top Go down
mp

mp

PostSubject: Re: Blast from the Past (Madden 08 Madden Challenge)   Blast from the Past (Madden 08 Madden Challenge) EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 1:56 am

Was Farls rocking a mohawk? Question affraid
Back to top Go down
xHHx_JayNizz

xHHx_JayNizz

PostSubject: Re: Blast from the Past (Madden 08 Madden Challenge)   Blast from the Past (Madden 08 Madden Challenge) EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 3:10 am

lol nice!!!!

Back to top Go down
ronslows10

ronslows10

PostSubject: Re: Blast from the Past (Madden 08 Madden Challenge)   Blast from the Past (Madden 08 Madden Challenge) EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 10:37 am

So how did you finish Gibs?
Back to top Go down
more cowbell

more cowbell

PostSubject: Re: Blast from the Past (Madden 08 Madden Challenge)   Blast from the Past (Madden 08 Madden Challenge) EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 10:42 am

farls reminded me of the one man gang... all he needed was a beard, but the hair cut was spot on!

Blast from the Past (Madden 08 Madden Challenge) Oneman12
Back to top Go down
maineventbb15

PostSubject: Re: Blast from the Past (Madden 08 Madden Challenge)   Blast from the Past (Madden 08 Madden Challenge) EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 11:45 am

haaaaa lmao 33 secs gray hoodie is me. first ever tourny i went to, and now im in the top 20 unreal how far ive came the last few years.
Back to top Go down
maineventbb15

PostSubject: Re: Blast from the Past (Madden 08 Madden Challenge)   Blast from the Past (Madden 08 Madden Challenge) EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 11:52 am

i reall hope they bring the mcs back next year to.
Back to top Go down
ZAN

ZAN

PostSubject: Re: Blast from the Past (Madden 08 Madden Challenge)   Blast from the Past (Madden 08 Madden Challenge) EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 1:12 pm

not to ring the mandatory dbag bell...but online rank means nothing, bro...you gotta get into competitive leagues (compete4ever.com) and get reps to be the best...my ranked record means nothing to me...but i play that dds steel, ranked like top 10 or something, REGULARLY...and its really not fair....

get into leagues, stop playings ranked...
Back to top Go down
ZFarls
Admin
ZFarls

PostSubject: Re: Blast from the Past (Madden 08 Madden Challenge)   Blast from the Past (Madden 08 Madden Challenge) EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 2:00 pm

Yeah, sick mohawk. and "Ball Me" was my BATTLECRY
Back to top Go down
WasItTehChad

PostSubject: Re: Blast from the Past (Madden 08 Madden Challenge)   Blast from the Past (Madden 08 Madden Challenge) EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 2:04 pm

xbox/ps2 madden challenges >
Back to top Go down
maineventbb15

PostSubject: Re: Blast from the Past (Madden 08 Madden Challenge)   Blast from the Past (Madden 08 Madden Challenge) EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 3:21 pm

zan im talking about at tournines not online im ranked 17th on the madden fedeartion website.
Back to top Go down
ZAN

ZAN

PostSubject: Re: Blast from the Past (Madden 08 Madden Challenge)   Blast from the Past (Madden 08 Madden Challenge) EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 3:37 pm

ah okay.

in that case. good stuff...
Back to top Go down
maineventbb15

PostSubject: Re: Blast from the Past (Madden 08 Madden Challenge)   Blast from the Past (Madden 08 Madden Challenge) EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 3:43 pm

yeah lol smh at you thinking i was talking about ranked. although i do play ranked. im probably one of the only guys that do at least pro wise. i play ranked cus most people nano and just gives me looks on how to beat them.
Back to top Go down
ZAN

ZAN

PostSubject: Re: Blast from the Past (Madden 08 Madden Challenge)   Blast from the Past (Madden 08 Madden Challenge) EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 6:44 pm

What I do is watch the outside corners when I break huddle to get the immediate man/zone tell.

Then I watch how they slide their players to determine if a nano is coming and from what side....Then it's a math problem...if a nano is coming from the left side of the screen, LESS guys will be in man/zone on the left side of the field...so I'll audible to a form like a trips and flip it to the left so a LB on the right will be responsible for a slot WR on the left...or I'll aud into a form where the RB flips around to the QBs left side so a LB manned up on the RB will still be manned up and have to cover more ground....

I argue that I get the ball out about as quick as anyone. I get sacked about 1 time every 4-5 games...and usually it's due to a bad snap in the shotgun (I do a lot of UC work)...as a result of hike throwing, I do have increased INT numbers to most pros, however...but my defense is always on par to make up for it. Check my ranked resume (again, ranked doesnt matter but you'll see how LOW my PPG allowed is compared to my turnover numbers)... My D was never GONE. That's something that people are assuming when I bicker about how this game plays (I always knew how to stop stick, in fact i JUST beat another tourney player 70-21 vs. stick/drag cross ups/hb wheel all game....I always had D that puts players in position to swat/pick slant outs...it's how irresponsive the game is that frustrates me) is that I suck. I don't....I just don't enjoy putting out money for a crap game....

But back to topic...gj on coming so far, man.
Back to top Go down
maineventbb15

PostSubject: Re: Blast from the Past (Madden 08 Madden Challenge)   Blast from the Past (Madden 08 Madden Challenge) EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 7:02 pm

i usaully just blitz the sh!t out of people to i see them beating it. as u ive i know nanos are coming im finding where my one on one is, ied rather a incompletion than a sack. once people starting beating my stuff i mix it up on them. it helps that i can play maker really well to. also helps i know nes play book like the back of my head now to, from running it the past two years. i could make my own ebook up about it, but i dont wanna.
Back to top Go down
ZAN

ZAN

PostSubject: Re: Blast from the Past (Madden 08 Madden Challenge)   Blast from the Past (Madden 08 Madden Challenge) EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 7:19 pm

I got you covered on the NE ebook, lmao. TWIM 33 and 34 are like half an hour of my New England O...

But honestly....I know some people say...but it's not true...I wanna kick them in their 'nads for believing it.

Do you really feel that there is ANY team on the game that gets away with something like 10 man coverage AND at the same time can send 6 and leave 5 islands like the Oakland Raiders? You can't just blitz the hell out your opponent with any team....

I mean, the Jets still have 2 very poor coverage safeties. They are tacklers...but they gotta be close enough to the route to tackle it and give up little YAC...and Pool/Leohnard simply don't.

The Cowboys are basically Ware and Newman, and Ratliff. That's 1 DL, 1 LB, and 1 CB. That's 8 iffy players....

The Chiefs have great secondary but and trash front 7 in terms of Madden (plus, who uses them anyways?)

The Bears have a lot of speed and remind me eerily of the Raiders...and outside Nnamdi...they have almost identical ratings everywhere on the field and almost equal height...but they don't make the coverage plays like the Raiders...

Steelers have good coverage ratings...but don't reflect them....

You get the point....You can't get away with blitzing 5-6 with anyone (IMO) but Oakland...I'm talking Oakland in 3-4 sets too! You've gott Nnamdi (93 speed), Branch (95 speed), Huff (93 speed), and Routt (97), and one LB (about 80-83 speed, most scream Howard) on an island...I mean, if you do this with Chicago, you've got Jennings (93 speed), Manning (96 speed), Graham (93 speed?), and Bowman (91-2 speed) with Urlacher (85 speed)...all of which have better man cov ratings over their respective opp beside Nnamdi...and all are very similar height wise (Graham is the only player under 6'0'' I named) and they CANT DO IT...even with (arguably) a faster front 7 in Peppers, Harris, Tinaisamoa, Briggs, Idonije > Seymour, Kelly, Groves, and Wimbley screaming....

I just think you get a lot of unexplicable abilities with Oakland...
Back to top Go down
i3rian 87

i3rian 87

PostSubject: Re: Blast from the Past (Madden 08 Madden Challenge)   Blast from the Past (Madden 08 Madden Challenge) EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 9:24 pm

Those tourneys were so much fun. I would have been standing next to Farls there but I was in line still, standing next to a bum who I smashed. I don't remember if I made it to the second or third round that day, but I distinctly remember standing in line when there was a major vomiting which turned out to be a situation that happened to Gibs which made him lose.

Something along the lines of Gibs stopping a kid to end the game on 4th and less than 5 and make it to the final 16 but it turns out that one of Gibs d-linemen jumped offsides so the kid got the first down which eventually lead the kid to win the game.

Fitting here as there is the thread right now about holding and stuff like that being bogus.
Back to top Go down
http://fourdownterritoryblog.blogspot.com/
BuckNut4eva

BuckNut4eva

PostSubject: Re: Blast from the Past (Madden 08 Madden Challenge)   Blast from the Past (Madden 08 Madden Challenge) EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 1:04 pm

LOL that was a funny "watch'! always like Zfarls and his obnoxious 'swag'! wish they would do more of these tourneys now...
Back to top Go down
KOACHK

KOACHK

PostSubject: Re: Blast from the Past (Madden 08 Madden Challenge)   Blast from the Past (Madden 08 Madden Challenge) EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 6:32 pm

2008 Madden Challenge (Madden '09) was alot of fun too.

'Gibs and the cordouroy hat ...

'Farls gettin' amped ...

Brian wearing SANDALS though? ...

LOL .... Good times; -I'm going to dig up some vids from back then to share.

Back to top Go down
http://www.compete4ever.com
i3rian 87

i3rian 87

PostSubject: Re: Blast from the Past (Madden 08 Madden Challenge)   Blast from the Past (Madden 08 Madden Challenge) EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 8:10 pm

KOACHK wrote:

Brian wearing SANDALS though? ...

One of the first things I remember from my first ever Madden Challenge was during the 2005 challenge in Boston when CurlyTop said that you're on your feet all day, and the best way to keep the feet comfortable was by wearing sandals.

Just sayin'
Back to top Go down
http://fourdownterritoryblog.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blast from the Past (Madden 08 Madden Challenge)   Blast from the Past (Madden 08 Madden Challenge) Empty

Back to top Go down

Blast from the Past (Madden 08 Madden Challenge)
Page 1 of 1