Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Should the MRL shut off penalties?

Go down 
+4
GoldenRage
claymaker_52
xHHx_JayNizz
nitka
8 posters
AuthorMessage
nitka

nitka

Should the MRL shut off penalties? Empty
PostSubject: Should the MRL shut off penalties?   Should the MRL shut off penalties? EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 3:59 pm

What do you think about what JayNizz has said about shutting off penalties? He does have a point where its so random that there is nothing that could be done to prevent it.
Back to top Go down
http://maddenrevolution.com
xHHx_JayNizz

xHHx_JayNizz

PostSubject: Re: Should the MRL shut off penalties?   Should the MRL shut off penalties? EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 4:10 pm

I think it is a great idea Smile
Back to top Go down
nitka

nitka

PostSubject: Re: Should the MRL shut off penalties?   Should the MRL shut off penalties? EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 4:16 pm

HAHA yeah its your idea!!
Back to top Go down
claymaker_52

PostSubject: Re: Should the MRL shut off penalties?   Should the MRL shut off penalties? EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 4:29 pm

I'm so beyond support of this rule change it's not even funny. I had a TD called back on a lobby game cause one of my guys threw a chop block after i was free and clear. There's no rhyme or reason to penalties it seems. It's just random crap you have to come back from. So to summarize I vote on having penalties OFF.
Back to top Go down
nitka

nitka

PostSubject: Re: Should the MRL shut off penalties?   Should the MRL shut off penalties? EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 4:32 pm

But will the players be able to hold then? Will the CPU begin to cheat when this is off? Im joking but that would be funny if you see lineman clipping down field and holding.
Back to top Go down
nitka

nitka

PostSubject: Re: Should the MRL shut off penalties?   Should the MRL shut off penalties? EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 4:33 pm

Im going to look into if we can change certain things and not all. Have you checked that JayNizz?
Back to top Go down
GoldenRage

GoldenRage

PostSubject: Re: Should the MRL shut off penalties?   Should the MRL shut off penalties? EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 5:07 pm

I'm not really in favor of adjusting any penalty rules cause things like holding, running into a QB really happen in football and could determine the outcome of a game. By shutting off such rules all were doing is making the game more arcade-ish. Just my opinion anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://MaddenRevolution.com
StupidDialUp

StupidDialUp

PostSubject: Re: Should the MRL shut off penalties?   Should the MRL shut off penalties? EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 6:22 pm

I second GoldenRage.

Bring back Tecmobowl and NFL Blitz if yall thinking about turning penalties off! (both awesome games).
Back to top Go down
claymaker_52

PostSubject: Re: Should the MRL shut off penalties?   Should the MRL shut off penalties? EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 7:02 pm

I agree about not making it too arcade-ish like roughing the passer but holding and clipping the user has no control over where roughing the passer he does. One problem is if we turn of offsides u know someone's going to abuse it to get an extra jump on the o-line. If we just turn off offsides/clipping that'd be really nice.
Back to top Go down
nitka

nitka

PostSubject: Re: Should the MRL shut off penalties?   Should the MRL shut off penalties? EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:06 pm

claymaker_52 wrote:
I agree about not making it too arcade-ish like roughing the passer but holding and clipping the user has no control over where roughing the passer he does. One problem is if we turn of offsides u know someone's going to abuse it to get an extra jump on the o-line. If we just turn off offsides/clipping that'd be really nice.

Those are good points Im going to jump on and see if you turn off certain ones otherwise we cant do it.
Back to top Go down
oaken99

oaken99

PostSubject: Re: Should the MRL shut off penalties?   Should the MRL shut off penalties? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 2:31 am

Should the MRL shut off penalties? Mybann11

i hope this topic was a joke. safe to say i am not in favor of that rule change. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Kingz

Kingz

PostSubject: Re: Should the MRL shut off penalties?   Should the MRL shut off penalties? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 5:35 am

you realize if you turn off penaltys people can hit stick wr's without a pass interference penalty
Back to top Go down
xHHx_JayNizz

xHHx_JayNizz

PostSubject: Re: Should the MRL shut off penalties?   Should the MRL shut off penalties? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 4:43 pm

we arent talking about taking off offsides and pass interference or roughing the passer, all of those penalties can be prevented. he is talking about taking off holding and clipping because they are the most riduculous penalties in a the game,

clipping on FB dive on 4th 1? doesn't sound realistic to me.

those are the penalties that cannont be prevented and those are the penalties that ruin games.
Back to top Go down
shorticus

PostSubject: Re: Should the MRL shut off penalties?   Should the MRL shut off penalties? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 4:54 pm

Yeah...I agree with Jay!!! You should not have any penalties on that are just randomly called.

Turn on
Grounding
Offsides
PI
...penalties that you, as the user, can make on your own. Turn off the holding, clipping, etc.(auto-calls)

That being said, I think that because it was not announced at the beginning of the season, it should not be enforced until the start of next season. That way it will be made known at the start of the season. I don't think it's fair to enforce a rule once the season has started cause it would be unfair to the people that it has happened to already.
Back to top Go down
xHHx_JayNizz

xHHx_JayNizz

PostSubject: Re: Should the MRL shut off penalties?   Should the MRL shut off penalties? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 5:19 pm

Ya that sounds reasonable and if for some reason we can't turn off holding or clipping then I think we should just have to decline the penalty
Back to top Go down
shorticus

PostSubject: Re: Should the MRL shut off penalties?   Should the MRL shut off penalties? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 5:29 pm

Wait, if I am not mistaken, isn't there a setting to disable holding completely.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should the MRL shut off penalties?   Should the MRL shut off penalties? Empty

Back to top Go down

Should the MRL shut off penalties?
Page 1 of 1