Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

MadDen 11 TV - Show #84 Sim vs Tourny

Go down 
+10
i3rian 87
GunfusedX
crbuke
KOACHK
JoshMac28
bahdbwoy
WasItTehChad
xHHx_megatron
WFColonel56
sgibs
14 posters
AuthorMessage
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

MadDen 11 TV - Show #84 Sim vs Tourny Empty
PostSubject: MadDen 11 TV - Show #84 Sim vs Tourny   MadDen 11 TV - Show #84 Sim vs Tourny EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 2:35 am

Let the debate begin!
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
WFColonel56

WFColonel56

PostSubject: Re: MadDen 11 TV - Show #84 Sim vs Tourny   MadDen 11 TV - Show #84 Sim vs Tourny EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 2:41 am

im a freesimstyler
Back to top Go down
http://www.wfcolonelswarroom.com
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: MadDen 11 TV - Show #84 Sim vs Tourny   MadDen 11 TV - Show #84 Sim vs Tourny EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 2:52 am

i like that lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
xHHx_megatron

xHHx_megatron

PostSubject: Re: MadDen 11 TV - Show #84 Sim vs Tourny   MadDen 11 TV - Show #84 Sim vs Tourny EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 3:24 am

80% sim...

like to RC lol
Back to top Go down
WasItTehChad

PostSubject: Re: MadDen 11 TV - Show #84 Sim vs Tourny   MadDen 11 TV - Show #84 Sim vs Tourny EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 3:35 am

tourney...

its where the $$$ is

>.> even tho my job prevents me from going to most of em Sad
Back to top Go down
bahdbwoy

PostSubject: Re: MadDen 11 TV - Show #84 Sim vs Tourny   MadDen 11 TV - Show #84 Sim vs Tourny EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 3:36 am

As irish would say, " liberal sim" player..
Back to top Go down
JoshMac28

PostSubject: Re: MadDen 11 TV - Show #84 Sim vs Tourny   MadDen 11 TV - Show #84 Sim vs Tourny EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 12:59 pm

This is a great debate! I would say 75% of my madden playing is done in Online Franchise modes, where the rules are very sim.

I used to feel like sim was more enjoyable because when you make your opponent punt on 4th downs, it allows you to play more realistic instead of feeling like any drive that doesnt end in a touchdown is going to cost you the game.

But, I think I have converted to more of a tournament style fan. I have noticed, in my experience, that the guys who are 100% sim tend to rely on suffocating rules to narrow the talent gap between players.

I'm in some leageus that don't allow no huddle, moving defensive linemen into coverage or snapping the ball with a receiver in motion. To me, this just dumbs the game down to a "madden for dummies" level.

I have also noticed that a lot of sim players cry foul at things that shouldn't be issues. I've heard guys say "there is a HB toss glitch", or "You throw to your TE too much".

On the other side, I feel like tournament style, especially when you get matched up with a good player, is such a mind game. When you take the cuffs off, you get the best out of both players, and if that means some guys only run 3-4 plays, then it's on me to find a defense to shut down those 3-4 plays.
Back to top Go down
KOACHK

KOACHK

PostSubject: Re: MadDen 11 TV - Show #84 Sim vs Tourny   MadDen 11 TV - Show #84 Sim vs Tourny EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 1:40 pm

I beleive in "Read the rules, play if you want to, coach your team, and I'll coach my team." ...

I'll save my thoughts for the show though; definitely looking forward to this one! -Great stuff 'Gibs, 'Farls, and the rest of the TWIM team.
Back to top Go down
http://www.compete4ever.com
crbuke

crbuke

PostSubject: Re: MadDen 11 TV - Show #84 Sim vs Tourny   MadDen 11 TV - Show #84 Sim vs Tourny EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 3:27 pm

we are in a 100% Sim league and it just makes it more fun IMO.

I hate playing people who never punt, always go for it on 4th down even if you stop them.
Back to top Go down
GunfusedX

GunfusedX

PostSubject: Re: MadDen 11 TV - Show #84 Sim vs Tourny   MadDen 11 TV - Show #84 Sim vs Tourny EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 4:10 pm

havent seem to see the vid yet but madden is madden only certain things work and you have to use them to your advantage... nanos, drags, streaks
Back to top Go down
i3rian 87

i3rian 87

PostSubject: Re: MadDen 11 TV - Show #84 Sim vs Tourny   MadDen 11 TV - Show #84 Sim vs Tourny EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 11:09 pm

This has always been a great debate.

I personally enjoy the tourney approach to video games, but with various rules and plays that are illegal. Kind of like how most sanctioned tournaments are. For example, one play year to year that the people at Electronic Arts kept messing up was the Wide Receiver Double pass.

For those who dont know, the Double Pass was not a glitch, not a hack, but rather just a goof in the game. The play consisted of the quarterback throwing the ball to the wide receiver behind the line of scrimmage and then the WR would then throw the ball down the field. The problem with this was that the AI would automatically drop back into coverage, and it was a very quick and easy 10-20 yard gain every time. Things like this should be banned all together as it is garbage.

It goes beyond Madden, IMO. Ask Farls and Gibs. Our senior year of college we had an unbelievable College Hoops 2K7 dynasty mode going. It got to a point that we had all learned specific ways of taking advantage of the AI, and we had to ban certain types of full court presses and had to make sure that you did not manually cover the inbound pass because it was exceptionally easy to steal it and get an easy 2.

Sure, it is a video game and if you can beat the system, why not right? Well, personally, if you allow things like the double pass and being able to steal the inbounds it takes a lot of skill out of the game, but also a lot of fun.

BTW, Gibs used to ALWAYS steal the inbounds even though we set up the rules so you wernt supposed to. Kid was way too illegit.
Back to top Go down
http://fourdownterritoryblog.blogspot.com/
SasserAssassin

SasserAssassin

PostSubject: Re: MadDen 11 TV - Show #84 Sim vs Tourny   MadDen 11 TV - Show #84 Sim vs Tourny EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 11:21 pm

I honestly think unless you really expand your play book to where your running at least 10 sets a game your pretty much a tourny baller. The playbooks are tiny now. I see the seahawks run gun doubles wing or flex wing whatever it is out of the GB playbook. My point is if you play against dalles your going to see fip trips strong close full house and snugs. If you play against SF or NO your going to see undercenter snugs. If you play against CIN or INDY your going to see gn bunch TE. The playbooks are so small that you are basicly going to see the best that book has to offer. My point is that you cant really say you are a sim baller unless you use most of the playbook expesically this year.

On a side note it was a good mad-den
Back to top Go down
Th3 Ac3r

Th3 Ac3r

PostSubject: Re: MadDen 11 TV - Show #84 Sim vs Tourny   MadDen 11 TV - Show #84 Sim vs Tourny EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 11:28 pm

SasserAssassin wrote:
I honestly think unless you really expand your play book to where your running at least 10 sets a game your pretty much a tourny baller. The playbooks are tiny now. I see the seahawks run gun doubles wing or flex wing whatever it is out of the GB playbook. My point is if you play against dalles your going to see fip trips strong close full house and snugs. If you play against SF or NO your going to see undercenter snugs. If you play against CIN or INDY your going to see gn bunch TE. The playbooks are so small that you are basicly going to see the best that book has to offer. My point is that you cant really say you are a sim baller unless you use most of the playbook expesically this year.

On a side note it was a good mad-den

^^^^^ This!!
Back to top Go down
xHHx_megatron

xHHx_megatron

PostSubject: Re: MadDen 11 TV - Show #84 Sim vs Tourny   MadDen 11 TV - Show #84 Sim vs Tourny EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 1:13 am

GunfusedX wrote:
havent seem to see the vid yet but madden is madden only certain things work and you have to use them to your advantage... nanos, drags, streaks

everything works...just a matter of when to use it.

well fake punt pass or fake spike pass...i doubt those work..lol

I think people get the wrong idea of a sim player...sim players dont just run everything random or use every set in the book, they play the game like on sundays, as realistic as possible. they can make adjustments, audible ( but dont audible down from snugs or something)...they just dont abuse the flaws in the game..sim players can also stick to sets that work for them like in real life.. NFL teams stick to what is working for them that game.

Im not saying tourney players abuse the game, but tourney players use whatever they can thats legal to win. There isnt a ton of differences, just tourney players have cut down the amount of plays in their playbooks because of the limited time..They use what works the best rather its their own scheme or someone else's.

One style isnt better then the other. A sim player can lock up a tourney player and vice versa. One thing a sim player has over majority of tourney players is knowledge of the game to where most tourney players just use what works the best in that year of madden.
Back to top Go down
SasserAssassin

SasserAssassin

PostSubject: Re: MadDen 11 TV - Show #84 Sim vs Tourny   MadDen 11 TV - Show #84 Sim vs Tourny EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 1:17 am

Megatron_81 wrote:
GunfusedX wrote:

everything works...just a matter of when to use it.

well fake punt pass or fake spike pass...i doubt those work..lol

I think people get the wrong idea of a sim player...sim players dont just run everything random or use every set in the book, they play the game like on sundays, as realistic as possible. they can make adjustments, audible ( but dont audible down from snugs or something)...they just dont abuse the flaws in the game..sim players can also stick to sets that work for them like in real life.. NFL teams stick to what is working for them that game.

Im not saying tourney players abuse the game, but tourney players use whatever they can thats legal to win. There isnt a ton of differences, just tourney players have cut down the amount of plays in their playbooks because of the limited time..They use what works the best rather its their own scheme or someone else's.

One style isnt better then the other. A sim player can lock up a tourney player and vice versa. One thing a sim player has over majority of tourney players is knowledge of the game to where most tourney players just use what works the best in that year of madden.

Good point and something else is they dont really set audibles to get a wr at running back and stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
BuckNut4eva

BuckNut4eva

PostSubject: Re: MadDen 11 TV - Show #84 Sim vs Tourny   MadDen 11 TV - Show #84 Sim vs Tourny EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 2:51 am

another great mad-den episode ! i'am just more interested in getting better at playing the game, and winning more than losing, when you label yourself to something specific, you put a boundary around yourself , there is alot to learn from both types of players!
Back to top Go down
prophet

prophet

PostSubject: Re: MadDen 11 TV - Show #84 Sim vs Tourny   MadDen 11 TV - Show #84 Sim vs Tourny EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 2:16 pm

I love playing, I dislike when playing you can do this, cant do that and usually restrictions seem to work in favor of the offense
Back to top Go down
xHHx_megatron

xHHx_megatron

PostSubject: Re: MadDen 11 TV - Show #84 Sim vs Tourny   MadDen 11 TV - Show #84 Sim vs Tourny EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 8:05 pm

prophet wrote:
I love playing, I dislike when playing you can do this, cant do that and usually restrictions seem to work in favor of the offense

I agree...people that have restrictions are generally the ones not worth playing. anything and everything in madden has a counter to it.

glitches do not apply to this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MadDen 11 TV - Show #84 Sim vs Tourny   MadDen 11 TV - Show #84 Sim vs Tourny Empty

Back to top Go down

MadDen 11 TV - Show #84 Sim vs Tourny
Page 1 of 1