Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Milking the clock

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
nitka

nitka

Milking the clock Empty
PostSubject: Milking the clock   Milking the clock EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 1:20 pm

You can not "Milk the Clock", you know what it is, I dont think we have to explain it. If your winning and get away from your normal O and start running the play clock down, that milking. I know there was some questions about it yesterday on Twitter.

I dont think this is or will be an issue.
Back to top Go down
http://maddenrevolution.com
GoldenRage

GoldenRage

Milking the clock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milking the clock   Milking the clock EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 5:30 pm

ONLY ALLOWED DURING FINAL 2 MIN OF HALF AND 4TH QT. SIMPLE.
Back to top Go down
http://MaddenRevolution.com
xHHx_JayNizz

xHHx_JayNizz

Milking the clock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milking the clock   Milking the clock EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 6:12 pm

Got it
Back to top Go down
shorticus

Milking the clock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milking the clock   Milking the clock EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 6:39 pm

I agree, but for clarification purposes, are you saying that I can not start running the ball once I am ahead, or are you saying that I can not run the clock down once I get the lead.

That is a very hard thing to monitor especially since it is a matter of opinion.

When you are playing from behind, 1 second seems like and eternity...hell, everytime I'm losing it feels like it takes and eternity to get the ball back. On the other end, when I am ahead, I feel like the clock is in slow motion.

Do you guys know any effective way (no forcing someone to snap the ball before 10 secs or some bs like that) to eliminate milking? I mean, once you start playing the better people in the league, they are motioning players, presnap adjustments, etc. It is very hard to say that they are cheating when in all actuality they are just playing their game.

For example, if I motion WRs and and adjust my protection and motion back, but I run the ball, is that milking?

Again, I hate people who milk the clock, but how do you enforce something that is judgmental especially when there is no mediator
Back to top Go down
shorticus

Milking the clock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milking the clock   Milking the clock EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 6:40 pm

All that being said, I agree, I don't think it's an issue in our league, but it's bound to be soon, and we may need to take a proactive approach to solving the problem.
Back to top Go down
xHHx_JayNizz

xHHx_JayNizz

Milking the clock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milking the clock   Milking the clock EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 8:48 pm

When someone is milking you, you will be able to telll
Back to top Go down
nitka

nitka

Milking the clock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milking the clock   Milking the clock EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 3:39 pm

Can Rage bring something else to the table please? C'Mon Man!!!

Shorticus what approach would you take? What JayNizz said is right you will know if someone is.
Back to top Go down
http://maddenrevolution.com
StupidDialUp

StupidDialUp

Milking the clock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milking the clock   Milking the clock EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 4:04 pm

Personally i think it's funny that milking the clock gets more flack over other gimmicks we all do like the canoe, no-assignment blitz, etc. It's acceptable to put 11 men into pass coverage, run *** D all game, play one formation all game, run draws 17 times in a game, but if someone comes out and plays ball control offense and goes on a 9 play drive for 5 minutes, then that means the sky is falling....

How can we claim to be a freestyle league if playing bitchball or at least giving a minimum to nap the ball is out of the question? As lame as it may be, it still difficult to sustain a drive that eats up that much time. Lock up and stop it or get the lead and you wont have to worry about it. Aint no difference between that or pulling out of bounds at the 1 yard line with 1:50 remaining in order to run clock before doing a GL fade

Bitchball would be an ultimate equalizer vs nohuddle nuts and fast ballers. Nothing cracks the soul like a clock killing drive. I see it as another use of strategy. Is it fun to play against, not always, but neither is 4wr snugs or bunch all game. boost the clock to 5 min and let anything roll i say!!!!

Just one man's opinion.
Back to top Go down
shorticus

Milking the clock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milking the clock   Milking the clock EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 6:38 pm

The only way I can think to stop "milking" is to increase the Qtr Length. That should allow for more possessions, and get a better feel for your opponent throughout the game.

To me, milking is a judgment call. Like Jay said, you can tell when it is happening, but how do you tell someone that they can't run the ball!!! If you increase the length of the game, you have more time to learn what the opposing player is doing in that game and how to adjust. Also, people need to utilize the forums, encourage everyone to write those scouting reports (those are a huge plus) cause it forces you to have to change your game up constantly (thus making you a better player). I was picking with SDU earlier, but the fact that he put out his (so-called) scouting report on me, I now have to use that to learn new things.

As far as what SDU is saying...that's all strategy and can be adjusted to. You can't stop people from being inventive (or not being inventive), you, as a player need to adjust for that. If it's not a glitch, then you should be able to adjust to it.

L8r afro afro afro
Back to top Go down
shorticus

Milking the clock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milking the clock   Milking the clock EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 6:43 pm

SDU and I agree about changing the Qtr Lengths, but this stuff is what we don't agree on

Quote :
Personally i think it's funny that milking the clock gets more flack over other gimmicks we all do like the canoe, no-assignment blitz, etc. It's acceptable to put 11 men into pass coverage, run *** D all game, play one formation all game, run draws 17 times in a game, but if someone comes out and plays ball control offense and goes on a 9 play drive for 5 minutes, then that means the sky is falling....
Back to top Go down
xHHx_JayNizz

xHHx_JayNizz

Milking the clock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milking the clock   Milking the clock EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 11:55 pm

Running the ball effectively while u have the lead is different then running the ball and waiting 39 seconds befor u call the next run, 39 seconds in a 4min qtr is like 2 mins in a real 15 min game.

u shouldnt be able to run that much equivalent time off during one play of madden

Now if we are playing for money I'm all for u milking the sh!t out of me, u are playing for real cash flow. League play is free and should be played for fun
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Milking the clock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milking the clock   Milking the clock Empty

Back to top Go down

Milking the clock
Page 1 of 1