Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

What is the best route to rocket catch?

Go down 
+7
WasItTehChad
wangtangkiki
Ant1010
bahdbwoy
Tru Statement
SasserAssassin
finfever
11 posters
AuthorMessage
finfever

finfever

What is the best route to rocket catch? Empty
PostSubject: What is the best route to rocket catch?   What is the best route to rocket catch? EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 6:14 pm

After this years football season coming to an end, and the game being out for many months now, i want peoples opinion on the best rocket catch route of the year. I have heard many people rave about the C route, the streak, the slant out, etc. I love rocket catching and think it is the most fun thing to do in madden. Thats all I did in 10 and enjoyed it more than any other game. There is just no better feeling then going up and making a play with a 6'5'' WR and the corner cant do anything about it. So I think I am going to switch to a team just to rocket catch all game. Thats what madden is all about anyway right?, having fun. So I just want a debate on what route is the best, and maybe what formation and playbook is most effective with that certain route. Thanks guys
Back to top Go down
SasserAssassin

SasserAssassin

PostSubject: Re: What is the best route to rocket catch?   What is the best route to rocket catch? EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 7:31 pm

defintly the slant out if your looking for something easy.
then the streak would be the other one to try.
Back to top Go down
finfever

finfever

PostSubject: Re: What is the best route to rocket catch?   What is the best route to rocket catch? EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 8:08 pm

not really the easiest, just the most effective. Do you run slant outs from a compressed set and do you just it from a spread far out reciever.?
Back to top Go down
SasserAssassin

SasserAssassin

PostSubject: Re: What is the best route to rocket catch?   What is the best route to rocket catch? EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 9:44 pm

from a compressed set like tight doubles snugs or bunch
Back to top Go down
Tru Statement

PostSubject: Re: What is the best route to rocket catch?   What is the best route to rocket catch? EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 10:11 pm

Streak with chargers from gun is the easiest
Back to top Go down
bahdbwoy

PostSubject: Re: What is the best route to rocket catch?   What is the best route to rocket catch? EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 10:26 pm

I think it was 2 or 3 twims ago.. Go watch it and the dude was RC'n all over Gibs.. Sure that will help you get an idea.. Was a great game btw
Back to top Go down
Ant1010

Ant1010

PostSubject: Re: What is the best route to rocket catch?   What is the best route to rocket catch? EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 11:27 pm

Good luck trying to RC all game, it really isn't worth the trouble, so many other things are much more effective. Not to mention, you need protection to RC and the more you block ,the more people it sends free anyway
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: What is the best route to rocket catch?   What is the best route to rocket catch? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 12:29 am

Yeah.. WRs will drop the ball too more than likely on a RC.. especially if your opponent knows how to strip the ball.. If you strip the ball while your opponent's WR is in the process of catching/just caught the ball, he will drop it.
Back to top Go down
WasItTehChad

PostSubject: Re: What is the best route to rocket catch?   What is the best route to rocket catch? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 5:42 pm

slant outs

cased closed...
Back to top Go down
ZAN

ZAN

PostSubject: Re: What is the best route to rocket catch?   What is the best route to rocket catch? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 7:01 pm

STREEEEEEAKKKKKS
Back to top Go down
LOTT0042

LOTT0042

PostSubject: Re: What is the best route to rocket catch?   What is the best route to rocket catch? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 7:02 pm

ZAN wrote:
STREEEEEEAKKKKKS

Congrats on your SB win!
Back to top Go down
ZAN

ZAN

PostSubject: Re: What is the best route to rocket catch?   What is the best route to rocket catch? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 7:02 pm

Thank you, sir!
Back to top Go down
ZAN

ZAN

PostSubject: Re: What is the best route to rocket catch?   What is the best route to rocket catch? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 7:03 pm

Mega played well too, don't forget him.
Back to top Go down
xHHx_megatron

xHHx_megatron

PostSubject: Re: What is the best route to rocket catch?   What is the best route to rocket catch? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 7:06 pm

Sad
Back to top Go down
ZAN

ZAN

PostSubject: Re: What is the best route to rocket catch?   What is the best route to rocket catch? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 7:09 pm

Haha, nothing to frown about. You'll be back if it's meant to be. Once you get that first one...they flow in. I took 2 out of the last 4 EAFL ships before the C4 merger...then it took me five to get my first C4...once you get the taste, you realize that all it takes is getting to the playoffs. Sometimes I'd rather not have the bye. That first game gets you geared.
Back to top Go down
Pro InstinctZ

Pro InstinctZ

PostSubject: Re: What is the best route to rocket catch?   What is the best route to rocket catch? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 7:55 pm

ZAN wrote:
STREEEEEEAKKKKKS

100% Agree
Back to top Go down
finfever

finfever

PostSubject: Re: What is the best route to rocket catch?   What is the best route to rocket catch? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 9:55 pm

Ant1010 wrote:
Good luck trying to RC all game, it really isn't worth the trouble, so many other things are much more effective. Not to mention, you need protection to RC and the more you block ,the more people it sends free anyway

Ya I realize that. And I know I am going to lose a lot of games I could have probably won if I played with the raiders and ran a different scheme, but rocket catching is fun to me.
Back to top Go down
finfever

finfever

PostSubject: Re: What is the best route to rocket catch?   What is the best route to rocket catch? EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 9:57 pm

So we kinda have a split between streaks and slant outs. Whenever I try slant outs, purples usually seem to cover them very well, unlike the C route. And the streak RC, is that the one gunfused came out with. Just the 15 yard streak pass lead outside and make a upwards circle?

-Im surprised no one has said the C routes. They do take a long time to develop i guess.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is the best route to rocket catch?   What is the best route to rocket catch? Empty

Back to top Go down

What is the best route to rocket catch?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Madden Bible :: Madden NFL 2012 :: Madden NFL 2012 General-
Jump to: