Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

THE RAGING REVOLUTION STATE....

Go down 
+4
nawfside512
shorticus
king_jason2
GoldenRage
8 posters
AuthorMessage
GoldenRage

GoldenRage

THE RAGING REVOLUTION STATE.... Empty
PostSubject: THE RAGING REVOLUTION STATE....   THE RAGING REVOLUTION STATE.... EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 6:27 pm

You know, lately I've been kind of disapointed with the lack of commitement displayed by some of our members starting with their weak ability to get games played, to the communication aspect of the league such as not acknowledging our requests to register in the forums which is now mandatory and will continue to be as we head in to the season 5 classic. Not to mention the fact that I think we give our members way to many free passes like the ability to make up games that you missed for reason of noncommittment such as not responding to tweets or other non excusable reasons. Screw that s*#*! You slack off, you don't deserve to be in the playoffs or awarded with pts and you sure as heck don't get another chance of making it up in my book no matter who you are what kind of Madden reputation you have ! 0 pts for that specific game, period! Issues like these only complicate things in the Revolution community. It tends to cause friction between members also. I can't even remember how many times I had to repeat my tweets over and over again because of people not doing what the league requires them to do like READING WHAT WE POST!!! You're either IN or OUT! COMMITTED or NOT COMMITTED! As I've said before, we pride ourselves in communicating with our members and listening to their thoughts. But when the respect isn't mutual, thats when I get offended. There's no financial benefit in it for us (Nitka & Myself), but we do this cause we love it. We tend to neglect time away from our Wives and Kids to make this league as enjoyable as possible not for us, but for you guys and the rest of the Madden Community who's commited. So you can understand my frustration when I witness non commitment from our members. If it was up to me alone, I would instantly rid the league of such members and by starting with league rules such as implementing a STRICT, NO BULL S*#* schedule system. Enforce a real schedule with specific opponents to play each week with a certain 48-72 period to play those specific opponent for that period of time and moving on to the next week with out hesitation handing wins or losses regardless of fairness. You fail to play for WHATEVER reason, tuff! Your opponent gets the win if he was available and ready to play! Simple! Why should your opponent have to rearrange his schedule for something he was ready to conclude just cause of your personal activity? Because this is only one man's opinion and the Revolution is run by 2 commissioners, the both of us can only compromise for a solution. Anyways, the point I'm getting at is, enough is enough. Don't take advantage of the other guy's (Nitka) generosity, cause it's only a matter of time before we start cleaning house for the sake of our LOYAL MEMBERS. P.S. If you find this post to be offensive, then you've basically questioned your own level of commitment all by your self.
Back to top Go down
http://MaddenRevolution.com
king_jason2

king_jason2

PostSubject: Re: THE RAGING REVOLUTION STATE....   THE RAGING REVOLUTION STATE.... EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 7:08 pm

lol im in rage I love this league and imo its the best one out there.... by register you just me be a member of the MB forums right???? just making sure im covering all my bases.

i personally appreciate everything that you and nitka have done to make this league what it is and i recognize your hard work! keep it up... and whatever you decide to do... boot members ect..... the core will follow and be behind you 100%

PLAY YOUR GAMES !!! its that simple
Back to top Go down
http://j.crabb2@yahoo.com
shorticus

PostSubject: Re: THE RAGING REVOLUTION STATE....   THE RAGING REVOLUTION STATE.... EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 7:18 pm

Rage, I think you need to calm down. Some of the guys have real world sh!t to deal with. While I agree with your assessment, you can't just expect everyone to play within a 72 hours.

1st off since I joined this league, twitter was supposed to be to schedule games. Not everyone will have the same schedule, so it is very easy for 2 people not to have free time on a given week...that should be understandable. I know that Nitka (sorry to single you out bro) didn't really have a chance to play for quite some time when the season started because he had more important things to deal with. There is always going to be something.

2ndly with the rapid growth our league is facing will ultimately lead to problems. How much checking are we doing into the people we let into our league. I believe that at this point, anyone can just join the league with no questions asked. What I would suggest is that we have a entry level league that is like a testing league to get entry into the "upper league". We are all gonna get better, the more we play, but the problem is not getting in touch with the people you are supposed to play against.

3rd If you are seeing the noncommitment from members in the league...why are they still a part of the league? As a co-commissioner, you should be taking a stand (as you are now) and telling them that they don't belong. Shocker made a good point when we discussed this on twitter stating that if you add some structure, you will lose players. I would say that if this is the case, it's better to have QUALITY over QUANTITY.

Personally, I rather have a leave of about 15-20 guys who can complete a league in 2 weeks rather than waiting on people to take about a month for bs!!!

Just Sayin
Back to top Go down
nawfside512

PostSubject: Re: THE RAGING REVOLUTION STATE....   THE RAGING REVOLUTION STATE.... EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 7:42 pm

Why sign up for a league if you cant follow rules or get games in. People are going to face hard times, but majority of my non plays were due to people just not getting back. Joe king made a big fuss and he was one i couldn't get a response from. I tweeted to them and the ones who i had on PSN never got back.
Back to top Go down
GoldenRage

GoldenRage

PostSubject: Re: THE RAGING REVOLUTION STATE....   THE RAGING REVOLUTION STATE.... EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 7:42 pm

@KingJason Thanks for the support. @Shorticus The only reason Nitka got a chance to compete was because of the open schedule which in my opinion, looking at it now, was a mistake because of the lack of strictness. If it wasn't an opened schedule then Nitka has no business competing in a season where it would take him almost half a month to play 1 game. It's not about the amount of "checking" it's simply a matter of communication and following a STRICT schedule with no free passes regardless of fairness. And Shorty, you also state that some people have real world sh!t to take care of; of course they do and I'm one of them. I'm not disputing that. However that still doesn't mean they should be awarded with second chances especially if the opposing opponent was ready and available. Again, as I said, enforce a strict schedule regardless of fairness. Bite the bullet and move on and try and play your next game, period.

Last edited by GoldenRage on Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:51 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
GoldenRage

GoldenRage

PostSubject: Re: THE RAGING REVOLUTION STATE....   THE RAGING REVOLUTION STATE.... EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 7:45 pm

@NAWFSIDE512 The key sentence! "Why sign up for a league if you can't follow rules or get games in." You nailed it there.
Back to top Go down
nawfside512

PostSubject: Re: THE RAGING REVOLUTION STATE....   THE RAGING REVOLUTION STATE.... EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 7:49 pm

GoldenRage wrote:
@NAWFSIDE512 The key sentence! "Why sign up for a league if you can't follow rules or get games in." You nailed it there.

Yeah man, I would have gotten all mines in if my opponents would have responded.. The main and only person nagging is one of the guys who cant seem to answer people, return tweets, or psn messages. FYI inactive guys, save the bit*hing for the guys who are trying to actually be committed
Back to top Go down
XxGETSUMxX

XxGETSUMxX

PostSubject: Re: THE RAGING REVOLUTION STATE....   THE RAGING REVOLUTION STATE.... EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 7:55 pm

Shorticus or tryouts for new members, they have to play a seasoned veteran and they have to report to the commish, on their "Validity" as a good member of the madden community, and would be a good addition to our league
Back to top Go down
adam1382

PostSubject: Re: THE RAGING REVOLUTION STATE....   THE RAGING REVOLUTION STATE.... EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 8:07 pm

Yes I agree withh getsum to a degree and shorticus, There should almost be a minor league system to some degree.. I would have rather played gibs, getsum, jnizz, kingjason, nitka, shorticus and whoever else are vets of the league that play all of there games and went 0 and 12 rather than have played 9 and missed out on 3 of my games.. I signed up to play madden against the top comp out there and from what I see this is the place to be IMO.. So rage maybe you and nitka should site down and form some kinda congression of vets and all of you guys have some kinda pow wow on how and why folks get in.. That is just a suggestion, I will say that I had a great time competing in my first season and I will def. be back
Back to top Go down
adam1382

PostSubject: Re: THE RAGING REVOLUTION STATE....   THE RAGING REVOLUTION STATE.... EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 8:09 pm

Oh yea and jamie and sdu and shocker and dark raven and alllllllllllll the other big names as well, if i left you out im sorry guys no disrespect to any of you vets that are nice players
Back to top Go down
LOTT0042

LOTT0042

PostSubject: Re: THE RAGING REVOLUTION STATE....   THE RAGING REVOLUTION STATE.... EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 9:28 pm

I'm in just gotta get 5 more members os we can get the 1st xbox division running.
Back to top Go down
shorticus

PostSubject: Re: THE RAGING REVOLUTION STATE....   THE RAGING REVOLUTION STATE.... EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 2:40 pm

GoldenRage wrote:
@KingJason Thanks for the support. @Shorticus The only reason Nitka got a chance to compete was because of the open schedule which in my opinion, looking at it now, was a mistake because of the lack of strictness. If it wasn't an opened schedule then Nitka has no business competing in a season where it would take him almost half a month to play 1 game. It's not about the amount of "checking" it's simply a matter of communication and following a STRICT schedule with no free passes regardless of fairness. And Shorty, you also state that some people have real world sh!t to take care of; of course they do and I'm one of them. I'm not disputing that. However that still doesn't mean they should be awarded with second chances especially if the opposing opponent was ready and available. Again, as I said, enforce a strict schedule regardless of fairness. Bite the bullet and move on and try and play your next game, period.

How can you say Nitka has no business competing??? It's yalls league!!! You are to an extent obligated to compete. The fact that he even managed to play a game shows that he is committed to this league more than anyone else. Plus, in the process of trying to be with his wife, he managed to keep in touch with everyone and got help taking care of the league. I would take him over just about everyone in the league becasue of his dedication to this leauge.

Again, this goes to the quantity over quantity argument. Attempting to get "strict" WILL result in a loss of players cause some people have trouble following rules (no offense to anyone), but the quality of players in the league will be much better. Like I said, I agree with what you are saying, but I think you and Nitka should sit down and discuss what you want out of the league. If your goal is growth, strictness will stop you from reaching your goal, but if you are trying to get quality players (defined as good players who are dedicated), then yes, you can "tighten up" on the rules.

Also, the real world sh!t argument for me goes like this...if I can not get a second chance to make up a game cause of something that is obviously more important than madden (i.e. Having a baby), then I have a serious problem with that. At that point, you are making a point that, being irresposnible is the same as dealing with something that is more important. If you are going to go the "no excuses" route, that's cool, but there needs to be some peanlties enforced for the people who are being irresponsible because it is unfair for two people on totally different ends of the spectrum to suffer the same consequences.
Back to top Go down
shorticus

PostSubject: Re: THE RAGING REVOLUTION STATE....   THE RAGING REVOLUTION STATE.... EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 2:47 pm

XxGETSUMxX wrote:
Shorticus or tryouts for new members, they have to play a seasoned veteran and they have to report to the commish, on their "Validity" as a good member of the madden community, and would be a good addition to our league

I could see the tryouts thing, but the point of joining a leauge like this is cause you are either good and want to see where you stand, or you are not as good as you want to be and your goal is to improve. I think that minor league system is the best route to go so that I you can watch and see who gets their games in and how fast they do so.

You can even go with something like an accelerated league and a slowed down league. In the accelerated league, you can go open scheduling and each player has roughly a 10 day to get games in and then the playoffs start. The lenghty (or whatever you want to call it) could be for the guys who rather take their time or can't get online every day.

We either have to try to accomodate everyone or be content with a decrease in MRL
Back to top Go down
XFACTER

PostSubject: Rage I agree   THE RAGING REVOLUTION STATE.... EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 9:08 pm

Rage I agree with a 72hr period to play a game I say that enough time for me I work better when there is a set time to play a game. I don't like having to chase guys asking when can they play and they don't even stay with said time that they agree. just my opinion. God Bless
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE RAGING REVOLUTION STATE....   THE RAGING REVOLUTION STATE.... Empty

Back to top Go down

THE RAGING REVOLUTION STATE....
Page 1 of 1