Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Bears depth chart adjustments

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bakagaijin

bakagaijin

Bears depth chart adjustments Empty
PostSubject: Bears depth chart adjustments   Bears depth chart adjustments EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 4:52 pm

I know maybe most of you guys are getting bored with 09 but I wanted to share my typical depth chart adjustments for my team the Bears and see if there is any critique or alternative suggestions:

1. Replace D. Clark with G. Olsen at TE1 (better speed, catching, jumping, almost everything to do with receiving. No a huge hit in the blocking categories either)

2. Replace M. Booker with G. Olsen at WR4 (That way I get the big guy in for any of my 4 WR sets yet still have him in at the TE spot for 3 WR and 2 WR sets)

3. Replace A. Brown with M. Anderson at RDE (a little faster than Brown)

4. Replace D. Divorack with M. Anderson at DT2 (Divorack is slow as hell)

5. Replace Payne with Manning at FS (much faster)

Some people have I have talked to about this say they like to put Olsen at WR1. I guess that makes sense but I prefer Olsen at the TE spot for Twin TE formations.
Back to top Go down
chris

PostSubject: Re: Bears depth chart adjustments   Bears depth chart adjustments EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 10:13 pm

hester at 3rd cb manning at 4th payne has 2 good catching 2 sub.
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: Bears depth chart adjustments   Bears depth chart adjustments EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 11:08 am

If I was a Madden 09 bears user I would use formations that have HB at WR package. Then use that package and that would pust hester at my HB.

There are a bunch that have this pacakge. Shotty Doubles on has it. As well as Shotty Ace in Indy.

Shotty tight in Run n Gun has it as well as 4WR. This give you EASILY the best HB in the game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
bakagaijin

bakagaijin

PostSubject: Re: Bears depth chart adjustments   Bears depth chart adjustments EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 1:01 pm

sgibs7 wrote:
If I was a Madden 09 bears user I would use formations that have HB at WR package. Then use that package and that would pust hester at my HB.

There are a bunch that have this pacakge. Shotty Doubles on has it. As well as Shotty Ace in Indy.

Shotty tight in Run n Gun has it as well as 4WR. This give you EASILY the best HB in the game.

Not sure I am following - so I would leave my depth chart alone but simply use one of the packages where the HB is at WR? And this would then put my #1 WR at HB? I'll give it a try but if I have misunderstood, let me know.
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: Bears depth chart adjustments   Bears depth chart adjustments EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 1:12 pm

whoever your number 1 WR is will go to HB. its in every goaline package in the game so you can get a nice set from the bears with there TE's then have forte be your FB and then use the WR hb package and get hester at HB

so on your depth chart put hester at number 1. forte at FB
Back to top Go down
bakagaijin

bakagaijin

PostSubject: Re: Bears depth chart adjustments   Bears depth chart adjustments EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 1:20 pm

sgibs7 wrote:
whoever your number 1 WR is will go to HB. its in every goaline package in the game so you can get a nice set from the bears with there TE's then have forte be your FB and then use the WR hb package and get hester at HB

so on your depth chart put hester at number 1. forte at FB

Thanks. Yeah when I used to use the R'n'G PB I would audible down to the fullhouse from one of the 3WR sets, can't remember which but it would put hester as my HB, forte in as my FB. I would run the sweep or the screen with Hester or the FB dive with Forte. It was pretty deadly.

Also, what do you think about that suggestion above about putting Hester in as the 3rd CB? Would that cause hester to be the guy rushing from the left side of the screen on that Quarter Combo Under Smoke Blitz? If so, that would be killer.
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: Bears depth chart adjustments   Bears depth chart adjustments EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 1:24 pm

yes it would cause that. However I would shy away from that as its frowned upon on most tourny governed bodies.

but if your just playing for fun, sounds like a great idea!
Back to top Go down
i3rian 87

i3rian 87

PostSubject: Re: Bears depth chart adjustments   Bears depth chart adjustments EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 2:09 pm

bakagaijin wrote:
Also, what do you think about that suggestion above about putting Hester in as the 3rd CB?

on regular online ranked play, this would work. with his speed alone he is lethal at defensive secondary. blitzing, ability to go step for step with anyone, even catching people in the open field.

however, in a lot of online leagues and tournaments as well as live tournaments (players bowl, madden challenges), offensive players play offense, and defensive players play defense.

i've seen a handful of people in random online ranked games use Cromartie and Hester at both offensive and defensive positions.
Back to top Go down
http://fourdownterritoryblog.blogspot.com/
bakagaijin

bakagaijin

PostSubject: Re: Bears depth chart adjustments   Bears depth chart adjustments EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 2:20 pm

sgibs7 wrote:
yes it would cause that. However I would shy away from that as its frowned upon on most tourny governed bodies.

but if your just playing for fun, sounds like a great idea!

Yeah, I would not depend on it but I might try it out and see how dominate that blitz becomes. It's already fast as hell but put in 99 speed Hester and I am thinking "pico-blitz" - yeah, that's right, I just coined a new Madden term. Look it up. :-)
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: Bears depth chart adjustments   Bears depth chart adjustments EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 2:53 pm

im honestly going to go with this lol

pico blitz i like it. olo
Back to top Go down
chris

PostSubject: Re: Bears depth chart adjustments   Bears depth chart adjustments EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 3:48 pm

only thing is what i dontlike bout the leagues and stuff hester played both wr and cb irl he's not really considered ONLY an offensive player.
Back to top Go down
bakagaijin

bakagaijin

PostSubject: Re: Bears depth chart adjustments   Bears depth chart adjustments EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 4:11 pm

chris wrote:
only thing is what i dontlike bout the leagues and stuff hester played both wr and cb irl he's not really considered ONLY an offensive player.

Not sure if I agree with that chris. In real life Hester USED to be a CB but no longer. He does not practice with the defense and he NEVER plays defense in a game that I am aware of. He would not be too effective in a real game on defense either simply because he does not train and practice with the defensive unit.

If someone (like me) put him on defense in Madden it would only be because Madden cannot accurately simulate the risk involved in that scenario. You are just taking advantage of the attribute ratings
Back to top Go down
chris

PostSubject: Re: Bears depth chart adjustments   Bears depth chart adjustments EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 4:47 pm

ohhh my bad cuda swore he played D at least a few times last year
Back to top Go down
bakagaijin

bakagaijin

PostSubject: Re: Bears depth chart adjustments   Bears depth chart adjustments EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 9:51 am

sgibs7 wrote:

I am probably being stupid but I can't seem to get this to work. When come out in Gun Doubles and then change to HB WR pkg, it simply puts in my #2 RB at HB and puts Forte at WR but it does not move Hester (who is my #1 WR) down to the backfield.

I did notice that if I change Hester to be my #2 WR in the depth chart, come out in a 4WR formation and then audible into a 2 back formation like I form, then Hester will move into the FB spot.
Back to top Go down
bakagaijin

bakagaijin

PostSubject: Re: Bears depth chart adjustments   Bears depth chart adjustments EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 10:01 am

sgibs7 wrote:

Update on Hester on defense:

OK, I played a couple of games last night where I put Hester in as my #3 CB. I ran plays out of quarters combo almost exclusively. I'm not saying it gave me a dominant advantage, but Hester was very dangerous on defense. There were several times where I would run sgibs7's under smoke blitz and Hester would come off that left edge and I could tell my opponent saw him but was thinking "OK, gotta hit my hot read" but Hester would get there too fast and sack him anyway. It's like he would underestimate the closing time and would think he had time to throw. Very cool. That is a "pico-blitz".

Also, I would mix the Under Smoke blitz in with some coverage plays like cover 4 and Hester came up with 2-3 picks in 2 games. All told, after 2 games Hester had 5 sacks and I think it was 3 picks (maybe 2).

So for any of you Bears users, try it out if you are just playing for fun online. Not going to help with league games or tourny games of course.
Back to top Go down
chris

PostSubject: Re: Bears depth chart adjustments   Bears depth chart adjustments EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 1:26 pm

bakagaijin wrote:
sgibs7 wrote:

Update on Hester on defense:

OK, I played a couple of games last night where I put Hester in as my #3 CB. I ran plays out of quarters combo almost exclusively. I'm not saying it gave me a dominant advantage, but Hester was very dangerous on defense. There were several times where I would run sgibs7's under smoke blitz and Hester would come off that left edge and I could tell my opponent saw him but was thinking "OK, gotta hit my hot read" but Hester would get there too fast and sack him anyway. It's like he would underestimate the closing time and would think he had time to throw. Very cool. That is a "pico-blitz".

Also, I would mix the Under Smoke blitz in with some coverage plays like cover 4 and Hester came up with 2-3 picks in 2 games. All told, after 2 games Hester had 5 sacks and I think it was 3 picks (maybe 2).

So for any of you Bears users, try it out if you are just playing for fun online. Not going to help with league games or tourny games of course.
glad 2 see i could help Smile oh and come out in singleback big click l1 once its wr as hb and u'll have him as ur back.
Back to top Go down
i3rian 87

i3rian 87

PostSubject: Re: Bears depth chart adjustments   Bears depth chart adjustments EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 1:33 pm

yeah i can see him wreaking havoc on defense. probably not the best tackler on the field, but that speed is enough to match steps with anyone in the game, and then coming off of the edge on a blitz untouched... just scary fast
Back to top Go down
http://fourdownterritoryblog.blogspot.com/
chris

PostSubject: Re: Bears depth chart adjustments   Bears depth chart adjustments EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 3:02 pm

i3rian 87 wrote:
yeah i can see him wreaking havoc on defense. probably not the best tackler on the field, but that speed is enough to match steps with anyone in the game, and then coming off of the edge on a blitz untouched... just scary fast
yep it creates instant pressure only thing is usually i have to take him outa coverage put him ina blitz and send som1 else usually a tackle or end to cover his area Mad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bears depth chart adjustments   Bears depth chart adjustments Empty

Back to top Go down

Bears depth chart adjustments
Page 1 of 1