Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

SITUATION: 3RD AND LONG (7+)

Go down 
+2
bakagaijin
IRISHFBFAN1
6 posters
AuthorMessage
IRISHFBFAN1

IRISHFBFAN1

SITUATION: 3RD AND LONG (7+) Empty
PostSubject: SITUATION: 3RD AND LONG (7+)   SITUATION: 3RD AND LONG (7+) EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 1:45 am

I am going to be doing some SITUATION type scenarios which we did for last years game in some other forums that was kind of interesting. We will start out our scenario with your go to 3rd and long (7+) plays.
You are the Offensive Coordinator, and the Head Coach (thats me! lol) wants at least 5 plays on your script when dealing with this situation. Now guys, nobody is asking for your secrets, we are merely trying to help one another out, share ideas, make some interesting conclusions like we did last year.
If we are getting to close for comfort then don't post, but if you would like to join in, LIST THEM, I WILL START--ONLY 3RD AND LONG (7+) FOR THIS SCENARIO, WE WILL GET TO MANY MORE SITUATIONS LATER.

3RD AND LONG (7+)

1. SHOTGUN Y TRIPS (VERTICALS)
2. SHOTGUN SPLIT SLOT (Y CROSS)
3. SHOTGUN SPREAD Y SLOT (HB SCREEN)
4. STRONG I NORMAL (494 F FLAT)
5. EMPTY (ALL GO'S Y SHAKE)
6. GUN SNUGS (BENCH)
7. GUN SPREAD (DEEP ATTACK)***
8. WEAK PRO TWINS (HB OPTION)
9. GUN SPLIT SLOT (CORNERSTRIKE)***

NEXT...

We will go with this for a few days and then bring on a new scenario with the ability to go back and foth from situation to situation with the hopes of helping others while sharing ideas to make all of us better and more consistant play callers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ncaastrategy.com/
bakagaijin

bakagaijin

PostSubject: Re: SITUATION: 3RD AND LONG (7+)   SITUATION: 3RD AND LONG (7+) EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 11:14 am

IRISHFBFAN1 wrote:
I am going to be doing some SITUATION type scenarios which we did for last years game in some other forums that was kind of interesting. We will start out our scenario with your go to 3rd and long (7+) plays.
You are the Offensive Coordinator, and the Head Coach (thats me! lol) wants at least 5 plays on your script when dealing with this situation. Now guys, nobody is asking for your secrets, we are merely trying to help one another out, share ideas, make some interesting conclusions like we did last year.
If we are getting to close for comfort then don't post, but if you would like to join in, LIST THEM, I WILL START--ONLY 3RD AND LONG (7+) FOR THIS SCENARIO, WE WILL GET TO MANY MORE SITUATIONS LATER.

3RD AND LONG (7+)

6. GUN SNUGS (BENCH)

NEXT...

We will go with this for a few days and then bring on a new scenario with the ability to go back and foth from situation to situation with the hopes of helping others while sharing ideas to make all of us better and more consistant play callers.

Good thread. One of my standards is Gun Trips Open, 4 Verticals. The inside slot receiver gets open quite often for about 20 yards and if not, hit the delayed HB curl and you can usually get close to 10 yards

Hey, BTW what do the asterisks mean after play #7 and #9 on your list?
Back to top Go down
TheCrew22

TheCrew22

PostSubject: Re: SITUATION: 3RD AND LONG (7+)   SITUATION: 3RD AND LONG (7+) EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 11:57 am

Gun bunch wk- Verticals

With a few minor adjustments this play is $$$$$$$ vs any coverage
Back to top Go down
bakagaijin

bakagaijin

PostSubject: Re: SITUATION: 3RD AND LONG (7+)   SITUATION: 3RD AND LONG (7+) EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 12:00 pm

TheCrew22 wrote:
Gun bunch wk- Verticals

With a few minor adjustments this play is $$$$$$$ vs any coverage

What adjustments do you do? Care to share? I run this play also but the only adjustment I make usually is to slant the HB to the bunch side.
Back to top Go down
TheCrew22

TheCrew22

PostSubject: Re: SITUATION: 3RD AND LONG (7+)   SITUATION: 3RD AND LONG (7+) EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 12:11 pm

Sure I'll share--

Gun Bunch Wk- Verticals

1. Place WR on left (Square) on a fade
2. Place HB (L1) on a slant toward the bunched or right side
3. Place the TE (Triangle) on a slant left
4. Place the Slot right receiver (X) on a streak
5. Most importantly motion the receiver on the wheel/fade route thing toward the sidelines and after he takes about 2-3 steps snap the ball

Reads-
1. Vs 95% of zone coverages the O receiver running the wheel/fade will be open immediately to be hit with a quick pass... This should net anywhere from 5-50 yards pending broken tackles
2. Vs a deep or drop zone the TE or HB will likely be open for a dumpoff which should net 5-10 yards
3. Vs a man coverage the TE will be open on his slant or else the HB will be open... (If you know for sure it's man coverage sometimes putting the HB on a drag right will get him wide open if you have a fast back)

More-
VS a cover 2 zone either the wheel fade will be open or else the X receiver running the fly will split the safety (Fade on left side causes huge gap in safeties)
VS a cover 3 zone you will have the wheel fade or the HB
VS a cover 4 zone you will have TE HB and still sometimes the wheel fade pending if there is a purple zone or not
VS a cover 2 sink you will have a touchdown if you have the time to wait for the wheel fade

Hope this helps

Any questions PM me or just post here
Back to top Go down
bakagaijin

bakagaijin

PostSubject: Re: SITUATION: 3RD AND LONG (7+)   SITUATION: 3RD AND LONG (7+) EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 1:34 pm

TheCrew22 wrote:
Sure I'll share--

Gun Bunch Wk- Verticals

1. Place WR on left (Square) on a fade
2. Place HB (L1) on a slant toward the bunched or right side
3. Place the TE (Triangle) on a slant left
4. Place the Slot right receiver (X) on a streak
5. Most importantly motion the receiver on the wheel/fade route thing toward the sidelines and after he takes about 2-3 steps snap the ball

Reads-
1. Vs 95% of zone coverages the O receiver running the wheel/fade will be open immediately to be hit with a quick pass... This should net anywhere from 5-50 yards pending broken tackles
2. Vs a deep or drop zone the TE or HB will likely be open for a dumpoff which should net 5-10 yards
3. Vs a man coverage the TE will be open on his slant or else the HB will be open... (If you know for sure it's man coverage sometimes putting the HB on a drag right will get him wide open if you have a fast back)

More-
VS a cover 2 zone either the wheel fade will be open or else the X receiver running the fly will split the safety (Fade on left side causes huge gap in safeties)
VS a cover 3 zone you will have the wheel fade or the HB
VS a cover 4 zone you will have TE HB and still sometimes the wheel fade pending if there is a purple zone or not
VS a cover 2 sink you will have a touchdown if you have the time to wait for the wheel fade

Hope this helps

Any questions PM me or just post here

Cool. I'll give some of this a try. For some reason I have trouble reading the quick throw to the wheel fade. Often it seems like he is going to be open but then the defender will close real quick and knock it down or even worse pick it off. I stopped throwing that route because of it but I never do the motion part so I'll give that a try.
Back to top Go down
IRISHFBFAN1

IRISHFBFAN1

PostSubject: Re: SITUATION: 3RD AND LONG (7+)   SITUATION: 3RD AND LONG (7+) EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 7:48 pm

bakagaijin wrote:
IRISHFBFAN1 wrote:

3RD AND LONG (7+)

6. GUN SNUGS (BENCH)

NEXT...

Good thread. One of my standards is Gun Trips Open, 4 Verticals. The inside slot receiver gets open quite often for about 20 yards and if not, hit the delayed HB curl and you can usually get close to 10 yards

Those plays are plays that I have had a high degree of success with
Back to top Go down
chris

PostSubject: Re: SITUATION: 3RD AND LONG (7+)   SITUATION: 3RD AND LONG (7+) EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 6:56 pm

shotgun wk spread hb angle
unless usered this play is unstopabble
Back to top Go down
mhreamer

PostSubject: Re: SITUATION: 3RD AND LONG (7+)   SITUATION: 3RD AND LONG (7+) EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 2:35 pm

Awesome Thread! That play has been great for me.
Back to top Go down
IRISHFBFAN1

IRISHFBFAN1

PostSubject: Re: SITUATION: 3RD AND LONG (7+)   SITUATION: 3RD AND LONG (7+) EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 3:12 am

[quote="bakagaijin"]
IRISHFBFAN1 wrote:
ceiver gets open quite often for about 20 yards and if not, hit the delayed HB curl and you can usually get close to 10 yards

Those are my 5 star plays so to speak,
Back to top Go down
SaSQuaTcH

PostSubject: Re: SITUATION: 3RD AND LONG (7+)   SITUATION: 3RD AND LONG (7+) EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 10:23 pm

well for some of these i would run a play that i no i can get like a 5 yard pick up and then run a play i no i can get for a 2 yard run or HB direct or something .. its not always about going for it all at once .. sometimes the 6 yard pass then like a 2 yard screen or draw ? thats wat i do ..
Back to top Go down
IRISHFBFAN1

IRISHFBFAN1

PostSubject: Re: SITUATION: 3RD AND LONG (7+)   SITUATION: 3RD AND LONG (7+) EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 4:07 am

Great job everybody, I think this is one of the most critical situations, at least for me it is. I work hard on 3rd down situations. You would be surprised to see how much your game improves when you improve at thiese situations.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SITUATION: 3RD AND LONG (7+)   SITUATION: 3RD AND LONG (7+) Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1