Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

NCAA12...demo came out today

Go down 
+9
JSF Ghost
Militant X 1
sgibs
Helix King
UppingMyGame
GAV
DesertSwarm24
xHEx DeathAngel
jordantrav
13 posters
AuthorMessage
jordantrav

jordantrav

NCAA12...demo came out today Empty
PostSubject: NCAA12...demo came out today   NCAA12...demo came out today EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 8:51 pm

What are your thoughts? Im downloading it now so wondering for those that downloaded it and got some run what are your impressions?
Back to top Go down
xHEx DeathAngel

xHEx DeathAngel

PostSubject: Re: NCAA12...demo came out today   NCAA12...demo came out today EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 10:21 pm

I like the new collision system, dropping every single interception is getting frustrating though.

But overall i would give it about an 8 or 9 out of 10.

Thanks,

haseo15
Back to top Go down
DesertSwarm24

DesertSwarm24

PostSubject: Re: NCAA12...demo came out today   NCAA12...demo came out today EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 11:41 pm

id give it a 9 outta 10 as well i love how the defensive line attacks this year
Back to top Go down
xHEx DeathAngel

xHEx DeathAngel

PostSubject: Re: NCAA12...demo came out today   NCAA12...demo came out today EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 12:16 am

Ya same here the zone coverage is amazing as far as ive tested it so far.

It's looking like d-line is going to have a huge impact this year though which should be great.

Thanks,

haseo15
Back to top Go down
GAV

GAV

PostSubject: Re: NCAA12...demo came out today   NCAA12...demo came out today EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 10:59 am

I think with this NCAA, it will take some time, but that it will eventually grow on everyone. The changes aren't like the changes of any other year. The changes are within the AI and are within how things work, so even though they are immediately noticeable - we haven't changed our games yet to take advantage. Weaving through sea of blockers is harder, yet easier. We can no longer take advantage of a faulty AI, but we also aren't being pulled into blocks if we get too close - so we can rely on more nuanced movement to stay clean and involved. There is no longer a need to recognize the early open areas when defending because your defenders will shift to protect these areas for you. Even using a defensive lineman has become a viable strategy because these areas are protected and you are rewarded for subtle movements such as taking away a gap on a run or a well timed swim or rip because you aren't locked in a dance with the offensive lineman if you get too close. We've dealt with these things so long that it is taking us time to realize that we no longer need do them. I am fairly certain with such a large jump, there will be issues to deal with - but I also believe that there will be no looking back because once we all realize that we can shed our old habits that protected the fragile AI and kept us out of the dos-e-do on defense, we will never want to return to our old habits again.
Back to top Go down
UppingMyGame

UppingMyGame

PostSubject: Re: NCAA12...demo came out today   NCAA12...demo came out today EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 10:32 pm

Sad Well said, brother. Well said.
Back to top Go down
DesertSwarm24

DesertSwarm24

PostSubject: Re: NCAA12...demo came out today   NCAA12...demo came out today EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 2:33 am

is it just me or is anyone else starting to notice that theres no real reason to control the FS or MLB anymore? for the first time in years im actually able to use a dt or de and not worrie about being gashed for a 30 yard pass play
Back to top Go down
Helix King

PostSubject: Re: NCAA12...demo came out today   NCAA12...demo came out today EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 3:07 am

GAV wrote:
I think with this NCAA, it will take some time, but that it will eventually grow on everyone. The changes aren't like the changes of any other year. The changes are within the AI and are within how things work, so even though they are immediately noticeable - we haven't changed our games yet to take advantage. Weaving through sea of blockers is harder, yet easier. We can no longer take advantage of a faulty AI, but we also aren't being pulled into blocks if we get too close - so we can rely on more nuanced movement to stay clean and involved. There is no longer a need to recognize the early open areas when defending because your defenders will shift to protect these areas for you. Even using a defensive lineman has become a viable strategy because these areas are protected and you are rewarded for subtle movements such as taking away a gap on a run or a well timed swim or rip because you aren't locked in a dance with the offensive lineman if you get too close. We've dealt with these things so long that it is taking us time to realize that we no longer need do them. I am fairly certain with such a large jump, there will be issues to deal with - but I also believe that there will be no looking back because once we all realize that we can shed our old habits that protected the fragile AI and kept us out of the dos-e-do on defense, we will never want to return to our old habits again.

Well said GAV.
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: NCAA12...demo came out today   NCAA12...demo came out today EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 5:06 am

Im back to usering the FS in a cover 3. the feel of the defender is back
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: NCAA12...demo came out today   NCAA12...demo came out today EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 9:34 am

i love this demo so far! i can't wait until NCAA12 drops so that i can run my Virginia Tech Hokies.

~Mili
Back to top Go down
xHEx DeathAngel

xHEx DeathAngel

PostSubject: Re: NCAA12...demo came out today   NCAA12...demo came out today EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 11:18 am

Has anyone had the dive animation catch happen to them yet i have not seen any of the new dive catches in the demo at least. Is the animation like what madden is going to have when you can user dive catch for the ball if you time it right?

Thanks,

haseo15
Back to top Go down
JSF Ghost

JSF Ghost

PostSubject: Re: NCAA12...demo came out today   NCAA12...demo came out today EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 2:44 pm

sgibs wrote:
Im back to usering the FS in a cover 3. the feel of the defender is back

I dabbed with NCAA 11 for a bit but, what was wrong withe user Safety play on that game?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jsfcommand.com
BuckNut4eva

BuckNut4eva

PostSubject: Re: NCAA12...demo came out today   NCAA12...demo came out today EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 5:27 pm

just got a chance to seriously play the demo alot today, really starting to like this game the more and more i play it....played the demo for 3 hours today and these were my thoughts

1. man or zone defensive coverages seem to be alot better, especially zone defense

2. easier to run the ball i thought, once you find a hole its 4-5 yards easy

3. had a hard time getting QB pressure on D at first, you have to be creative with overloads, d-line shifts so forth, if you blitz on the O's weak side blocking you have the best success there, opposite of TE or HB

4. User catching is really easy, if your WR is in position no excuse for not catching the ball

5. seems like there is alot of dropped picks

6. tackling is off the hook! best tackling i have ever seen from e.a. ---hit stick seems to be better or you get the animation alot more

7. take away the madden 11 contain blitz, although if you contain one side of the d-line and blitz the opposite side you can still get someone to shoot through untouched sometimes, i thought the 0-line, d-line, and man and zone coverages and tackling made the game even closer to what a football game should feel like, madden 11 has a certain game-play cheapness to it and i didnt feel or see it nearly as much with ncaa 12, like GAV said you almost gotta re-program yourself from madden 11 LOL
Back to top Go down
BuckNut4eva

BuckNut4eva

PostSubject: Re: NCAA12...demo came out today   NCAA12...demo came out today EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 8:53 pm

the 3-4 even formation is really a solid defensive formation, and the option with Oregon is just flat out tuff, anything to LeMicheal James is a very smart idea....

i noticed with some plays its better not to change the blitz angles, and some it is...
Back to top Go down
BuckNut4eva

BuckNut4eva

PostSubject: Re: NCAA12...demo came out today   NCAA12...demo came out today EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 8:54 pm

the 3-4 even formation is really a solid defensive formation, and the option with Oregon is just flat out tuff, anything to LeMicheal James is a very smart idea....

i noticed with some plays its better not to change the blitz angles, and some it is...
Back to top Go down
iDotUp

PostSubject: Re: NCAA12...demo came out today   NCAA12...demo came out today EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 11:47 pm

i real like the demo so far. i played plenty of ncaa 11 and the feel of this version is just very clean. I'm not quite sure how to explain it but i feel like there is less margin for the game to be exploited. It's also cool seeing all these new tackling animations and the game engine feels great. Can't wait for the actual version
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: NCAA12...demo came out today   NCAA12...demo came out today EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 12:22 am

you run the option at all dot?

so good in 12
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
Helix King

PostSubject: Re: NCAA12...demo came out today   NCAA12...demo came out today EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 12:55 am

xHEx DeathAngel wrote:
Has anyone had the dive animation catch happen to them yet i have not seen any of the new dive catches in the demo at least. Is the animation like what madden is going to have when you can user dive catch for the ball if you time it right?

Thanks,

haseo15
Ive had the dive catch animation happen for me once, good thing too because it would have been picked off otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Helix King

PostSubject: Re: NCAA12...demo came out today   NCAA12...demo came out today EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 12:58 am

Has anyone had any success using precision passing on the demo? Im so use to not using it alot from Madden 11 but it seems like a must now in certain situations on NCAA12.
Back to top Go down
iDotUp

PostSubject: Re: NCAA12...demo came out today   NCAA12...demo came out today EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 5:39 pm

sgibs wrote:
you run the option at all dot?

so good in 12
i tried the option for a couple plays and i like how it plays in 12 better than 11. People could throw a perfect pitch while being tackled and they completely got rid of that this year. The option in 12 is for the most part how it should be, but im keeping my fingers crossed that people don't get glitchy with it like in 11.
Back to top Go down
Drama

PostSubject: Re: NCAA12...demo came out today   NCAA12...demo came out today EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 1:06 pm

I love the game. It just feels great. The user in the game is phenomenal and the way to actually make blitzes come through is very difficult which makes you think of how to exploit the AI on the offensive line. You really have to think about a lot which makes it that much better.
Back to top Go down
Drama

PostSubject: Re: NCAA12...demo came out today   NCAA12...demo came out today EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 1:12 pm

There is a whole lot of defense in this game. So let me point you in the right direction. If you are over looking 4-3 you are doing something wrong.
Back to top Go down
jordantrav

jordantrav

PostSubject: Re: NCAA12...demo came out today   NCAA12...demo came out today EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 8:16 pm

If madden 12 is anything like this game I'm excited. I think the defense is leaps and bounds better then last year. Great demo!
Back to top Go down
datnodude

PostSubject: Re: NCAA12...demo came out today   NCAA12...demo came out today EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 3:24 pm

i like the passing on the game. i saw a few throws where the qb threw tight passes over waving arms for completions. i also like how the option wasnt automatic.. the defense played the option very well and u had to make a good decesion to get yards. i like the new tackles/tackling system. the only thing is it seemed like players were sliding instead of running but i assume this will be fixed on the retail version
Back to top Go down
BuckNut4eva

BuckNut4eva

PostSubject: Re: NCAA12...demo came out today   NCAA12...demo came out today EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 11:43 pm

i usually dont buy NCAA football games, but will buy this one for sure.....

like it the more i play it! you have to be very creative with your blitzes but they still come thru, alot of D-line shifts,crashes,re-blitz and throw a contain in and quick pressure can happen...

the 46 bear D is really great in the game, and whenever i use the 34 even formation thats in Alabama's playbook is really dominant, beat the CPU on Heisman with each of the 4 demo teams, and tried to make schemes with each team on O...just waiting for the 12th... Basketball

i complained earlier about not getting picks but am getting a ton of them now, the defense is so much better imo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NCAA12...demo came out today   NCAA12...demo came out today Empty

Back to top Go down

NCAA12...demo came out today
Page 1 of 1