Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

hey sgibs got a question for you

Go down 
+3
Helix King
sgibs
WasItTehChad
7 posters
AuthorMessage
WasItTehChad

hey sgibs got a question for you Empty
PostSubject: hey sgibs got a question for you   hey sgibs got a question for you EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 6:21 pm

i plan on hitting up a lot of the major tournaments that are going down this year for madden, and 1 thing i noticed about our community is that there aren't any streams.. i remember you had an excellent stream on that tournament that MB held, and was hoping you could throw me the ins and outs of how to get a solid smooth stream...

i noticed that the fighting game communities, just broke stream records during "Evolution 2011" and even Magic The Gathering has a stream for weekly events...

and i think 1 reason why our community isnt growing is bc is the lack of knowledge that our tournaments exist.. sure the tournament players do, but if we can just put out a video of these tournaments, this should get more people involved, interested.. and maybe even catch the eye of a sponsor...

hmu whenever you get a chance...
Back to top Go down
WasItTehChad

PostSubject: Re: hey sgibs got a question for you   hey sgibs got a question for you EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 1:39 am

eh **** it...

nevermind
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: hey sgibs got a question for you   hey sgibs got a question for you EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 9:39 am

im here -

i saw somewhere that the streaming of tournaments without the signatures of all the people cant happen anymore.

ill try and find it
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
Helix King

PostSubject: Re: hey sgibs got a question for you   hey sgibs got a question for you EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 3:57 pm

Gibs, what ever happened to the Madden Challenge? The Madden Challenge was a nation wide tournament. Did it have anything to do with signing with MLG a.k.a (Major League Halo) that one year, and is it possible to bring it back?
Back to top Go down
WasItTehChad

PostSubject: Re: hey sgibs got a question for you   hey sgibs got a question for you EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 11:36 pm

the crowds were slowly declining every year... this ment losses $$$ wise, 1 year they were down to like 12 cities when a few years before they had 32...

then MLG signed madden and every1 thought it was the 2nd coming... but that quickly was debunked and 2 events later it was gone...

im 100% positive it was the way the players reacted, constantly screaming profanities to try n make someone nervous...

not a good look for any sponsors...
Back to top Go down
LOTT0042

LOTT0042

PostSubject: Re: hey sgibs got a question for you   hey sgibs got a question for you EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 1:07 pm

WasItTehChad wrote:

im 100% positive it was the way the players reacted, constantly screaming profanities to try n make someone nervous...

not a good look for any sponsors...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
#COSIGN comes down to sportsmanship & having fun playing the game. capping and all the other crap killed the tournament and turned all the sponsors off - difficult to promote over aggressive players who swear the entire time acting like thugs.
Back to top Go down
Helix King

PostSubject: Re: hey sgibs got a question for you   hey sgibs got a question for you EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 2:39 am

Yeah those crowds do need to turn it down several notches.
Back to top Go down
SasserAssassin

SasserAssassin

PostSubject: Re: hey sgibs got a question for you   hey sgibs got a question for you EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 2:51 am

it is a problem that they do scream and all that stuff but i dont think it should change because thats part of going to a madden tourny.
Back to top Go down
WasItTehChad

PostSubject: Re: hey sgibs got a question for you   hey sgibs got a question for you EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 2:54 am

capping is one thing,

screaming at the top of your lungs "you fucking suck, you ******" def needs to go... it needs to stay madden, and stay respectful...

thats why the community isnt growing, and the only "majors" are held by the same 4 people year in, and year out.

Back to top Go down
SasserAssassin

SasserAssassin

PostSubject: Re: hey sgibs got a question for you   hey sgibs got a question for you EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 2:58 am

ya the F U needs to go but its capping is something diffrent than like Call of duty or halo where there really isnt anything other than just playing which gets kinda boring
Back to top Go down
LOTT0042

LOTT0042

PostSubject: Re: hey sgibs got a question for you   hey sgibs got a question for you EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 9:04 am

I respectfully disagree. CAPPING IMHO - is pointless in a tournament. I think with your friends fine - if that's what you like. What is the point of berating and criticizing a player? If you need a psychological edge then you probably don't deserve to be there in the first place. If you are a champion, you will conduct yourself like a champion. Think Barry Sanders - handing the ball to the ref because he acted like he had been in the end zone before and expected to get there. When was the last time you saw Joe Montana, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, John Elway pointing and calling his opponent a "f**king loser, pu**y or walking around with their chest puffed out like Billy Bad *** acting like they wanted to brawl? Like Belichick says "When you win say little. When you lose say less."

The bottom line is you can NOT promote a bunch of foul mouthed gangsta wannabes. They already have a market for people to act like that its called the WWE.

@sasser lol my friend the excitement should be in the game play and user skills. I don't really recall Sgibs capping on his TWIM opponents and he manages to keep the game exciting. Just saying.
Back to top Go down
WasItTehChad

PostSubject: Re: hey sgibs got a question for you   hey sgibs got a question for you EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 4:30 pm

so gibs, back to my OP, how do you get your stream so smooth???

i tried using my webcam, but its still choppy...
Back to top Go down
LOTT0042

LOTT0042

PostSubject: Re: hey sgibs got a question for you   hey sgibs got a question for you EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 4:53 pm

WasItTehChad wrote:
so gibs, back to my OP, how do you get your stream so smooth???

i tried using my webcam, but its still choppy...

Biggest factor is bandwidth if you don't have a ton it will be choppy regardless of the equipment you use.
Back to top Go down
WasItTehChad

PostSubject: Re: hey sgibs got a question for you   hey sgibs got a question for you EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 5:15 pm

guess i got some research to do..
Back to top Go down
SasserAssassin

SasserAssassin

PostSubject: Re: hey sgibs got a question for you   hey sgibs got a question for you EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 5:33 pm

to stream good you have to have a good computer
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: hey sgibs got a question for you   hey sgibs got a question for you EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 6:27 pm

chad when we do TWIM we are in a studio so thats very different

but when i just stream i use my laptop

not really sure how or why its smooth or not smooth haha
Back to top Go down
WasItTehChad

PostSubject: Re: hey sgibs got a question for you   hey sgibs got a question for you EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 6:35 pm

i remember the inner workings of twim, but mind throwin me ur specs on your laptop...

maybe sasser was onto something... i paid a like 250 amount for mine just cuz i needed a computer.. but i plan on getting greatly better one shortly...

i remember watching the stream for that tournament that tdavis ended up winning, and it was perfect.. no lag or choppiness.
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: hey sgibs got a question for you   hey sgibs got a question for you EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 7:03 pm

http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/

this is the comp i have
Back to top Go down
SasserAssassin

SasserAssassin

PostSubject: Re: hey sgibs got a question for you   hey sgibs got a question for you EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 7:05 pm

i watch a lot of call of duty streams and they were saying you have to have a good computer/laptop and a cap card but i dont think that matters.
they also said you couldnt even stream if you dont have a at least decent computer.
another thing i think was internet connection.
Back to top Go down
WasItTehChad

PostSubject: Re: hey sgibs got a question for you   hey sgibs got a question for you EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 7:34 pm

the capture card is only needed if you want to stream from the tv...

which could be useful.. id just have to figure out a way to switch the feed from the Webcam, to the tv, without turnin the stream off... but it'll come soon enough...

but the computer i plan on getting is about the same specs as yours, but its far cheaper...
Back to top Go down
xHEx DeathAngel

xHEx DeathAngel

PostSubject: Re: hey sgibs got a question for you   hey sgibs got a question for you EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 7:56 pm

sgibs wrote:
http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/

this is the comp i have

Got the same computer.

Thanks,

haseo15
Back to top Go down
WasItTehChad

PostSubject: Re: hey sgibs got a question for you   hey sgibs got a question for you EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 8:27 pm

ne word on that streaming law?
Back to top Go down
ZFarls
Admin
ZFarls

PostSubject: Re: hey sgibs got a question for you   hey sgibs got a question for you EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 12:41 am

Its easy to switch from the webcam input to the happauge input on ustream without shutting off the stream. Make sure to check out camtwist (free)
Back to top Go down
WasItTehChad

PostSubject: Re: hey sgibs got a question for you   hey sgibs got a question for you EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 12:52 am

i want this to work so bad.. i mean this could be huge for our community...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hey sgibs got a question for you   hey sgibs got a question for you Empty

Back to top Go down

hey sgibs got a question for you
Page 1 of 1