Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Run Defense

Go down 
+3
xHEx DeathAngel
Tyler1281
Jaiyson
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Jaiyson

Jaiyson

Run Defense Empty
PostSubject: Run Defense   Run Defense EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 9:51 am

Hey guys, does anyone have a solid run defense?
Seems like stopping the run is very hard this year.
Especially tosses
If I put the DE's in a contain it seems like they run right around it
Back to top Go down
Tyler1281

Tyler1281

Run Defense Empty
PostSubject: Re: Run Defense   Run Defense EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 10:57 am

what pb do you use i have some sick stuff from the 3-5-5 bear in the 46 book and i got some good stuff in any 3-4
Back to top Go down
Jaiyson

Jaiyson

Run Defense Empty
PostSubject: Re: Run Defense   Run Defense EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 11:49 am

Tyler1281 wrote:
what pb do you use i have some sick stuff from the 3-5-5 bear in the 46 book and i got some good stuff in any 3-4

d@mn.. right now i am using the giants book
4-1-6 and 4-3
Back to top Go down
xHEx DeathAngel

xHEx DeathAngel

Run Defense Empty
PostSubject: Re: Run Defense   Run Defense EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 11:55 am

im using gibs Run Defense from the 46 playbook and it has done wonders for me the most people get rushing on me now is maybe 30 yards a game before it was well over 100 yards rushing against my defense.

Thanks,

haseo15
Back to top Go down
Jaiyson

Jaiyson

Run Defense Empty
PostSubject: Re: Run Defense   Run Defense EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 12:12 pm

xHEx DeathAngel wrote:
im using gibs Run Defense from the 46 playbook and it has done wonders for me the most people get rushing on me now is maybe 30 yards a game before it was well over 100 yards rushing against my defense.

Thanks,

haseo15

I have gib's bok but haven't had a chance to scope it yet.
His run D is from the 335 isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Tyler1281

Tyler1281

Run Defense Empty
PostSubject: Re: Run Defense   Run Defense EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 2:14 pm

no gibs is from the 46 mine is from the 3-3-5 and i give up about 10 or less yards a game its lock down
Back to top Go down
j-bone77

Run Defense Empty
PostSubject: Re: Run Defense   Run Defense EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 9:42 pm

hey tyler1281, can u help me out a little with the 3-3-5?
Back to top Go down
Tyler1281

Tyler1281

Run Defense Empty
PostSubject: Re: Run Defense   Run Defense EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 10:16 pm

j-bone77 wrote:

yeah are you on xbox whats your gt mine is Ty1281 ... if your on ps3 i can still give you some setups
Back to top Go down
DBlockdown22

Run Defense Empty
PostSubject: Re: Run Defense   Run Defense EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 11:36 pm

hey tyler want to come over for a cookout tommorow
Back to top Go down
j-bone77

Run Defense Empty
PostSubject: Re: Run Defense   Run Defense EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 11:55 pm

Tyler1281 wrote:
j-bone77 wrote:

yeah are you on xbox whats your gt mine is Ty1281 ... if your on ps3 i can still give you some setups

I'm on PS3. I sent u a message. appreciate it big time.
Back to top Go down
datnodude

Run Defense Empty
PostSubject: Re: Run Defense   Run Defense EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 10:45 am

Tyler1281 wrote:
no gibs is from the 46 mine is from the 3-3-5 and i give up about 10 or less yards a game its lock down
wow
Back to top Go down
jletourneau

Run Defense Empty
PostSubject: Re: Run Defense   Run Defense EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 4:43 pm

10 yds or less a game? Lol. Strong Close will shred the 3-3-5 up the middle ... especially if you motion over an extra blocker. And if you start selling out by global blitzing the LBs, you leave yourself susceptible to the quick pass. That's not saying your run D isn't stout, but <10 yds a game is a stretch.

Gibbs 4-6 D is solid as usual ... but you have to have super stick skills at the FS spot. It also helps to be moving laterally on the snap of the ball (from the weakside toward the strong and/or where you think the run is going). This way, you have a greater chance to make a play at the snap of the ball. If you're not moving, you will be picked up. You heard it here: If you play this style of D, beware the lob streak up the seams.

The way to stop the run this year is to concede shorter runs and keep the offense in front of you. Pray that the outside Defenders in the cover-3 react in their light blue zones. Sometimes they break down; it just is what it is. Don't have an idiot out there (with low awareness) just because they're fast. That worked last year, but not this one. It's painful to give up 1st downs on the ground, but stay patient. It will pay off, especially with the hit stick being what it is this year.
Back to top Go down
Tyler1281

Tyler1281

Run Defense Empty
PostSubject: Re: Run Defense   Run Defense EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 6:00 pm

jletourneau wrote:
10 yds or less a game? Lol. Strong Close will shred the 3-3-5 up the middle ... especially if you motion over an extra blocker. And if you start selling out by global blitzing the LBs, you leave yourself susceptible to the quick pass. That's not saying your run D isn't stout, but <10 yds a game is a stretch.

Gibbs 4-6 D is solid as usual ... but you have to have super stick skills at the FS spot. It also helps to be moving laterally on the snap of the ball (from the weakside toward the strong and/or where you think the run is going). This way, you have a greater chance to make a play at the snap of the ball. If you're not moving, you will be picked up. You heard it here: If you play this style of D, beware the lob streak up the seams.

The way to stop the run this year is to concede shorter runs and keep the offense in front of you. Pray that the outside Defenders in the cover-3 react in their light blue zones. Sometimes they break down; it just is what it is. Don't have an idiot out there (with low awareness) just because they're fast. That worked last year, but not this one. It's painful to give up 1st downs on the ground, but stay patient. It will pay off, especially with the hit stick being what it is this year.

not the way i run it(its 3-3-5 bear btw) if you try to run up the middle on it you will lose yards everytime, also i only have 3 guys blitzing, and my 3 down lineman for that formation are ellis wilfork and haynesworth so the middle is locked up and tosses are too because of my contains and my user player, the only way to beat it is run and off tackle stay inside for a bit until the contains get sucked in and then cut it outside which is very hard to do since i am usering some1... it can be beat but so can everything and its very hard to do, ask any1 in the tournament we just had, it was a major reason i won, players had to become 1 dimensional
Back to top Go down
jletourneau

Run Defense Empty
PostSubject: Re: Run Defense   Run Defense EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 10:09 pm

Post a video if you can. You could sell something like that!

I mean this respectfully, but letting up <10 yds a game is insane. I don't know if I've ever (literally, ever) been held to <10 yds rushing. If that were true, it would mean I abandoned the run after 1 or 2 carries ... and I've been playing Madden for 20 yrs, so that's not going to happen. No joke, I really don't know if I've been held to <10 yds rushing ever in a Madden game online. If the D is selling out to stop the run like that, I'll throw all over them.

If what you're saying is accurate, you've found something that is absolutely shutdown. The entire MB community should be labbing it up.

P.S. I consider myself a good player at stopping the run, but there are times when things just break down. A broken tackle, stiff arm, or little bit of stick skill can bust a RB loose. For example, if a player has been establishing the run all game, they'll break a nice gain in the 2nd half as the D tires out. Personally, if I hold a player under 35-40 yds rushing per game (especially a solid player, not a bum who abandons the run), I consider that a victory.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Run Defense Empty
PostSubject: Re: Run Defense   Run Defense Empty

Back to top Go down

Run Defense
Page 1 of 1