Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Done with madden

Go down 
+10
xHHx_megatron
AssassinJ0E
datnodude
mgcomedy
more cowbell
Geordaigs
xHEx DeathAngel
Jander
bahdbwoy
suicide-manual
14 posters
AuthorMessage
suicide-manual

suicide-manual

Done with madden Empty
PostSubject: Done with madden   Done with madden EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 11:27 pm

Tonight I lost 11 games in a row I am so done with madden cause this sh!t makes no sense at all, practice practice, and practice some more and I'm still getting nowhere. I'm offering my ps3 copy of madden 12 and all 4 of the books I bought this year will be up for auction starting at 35 dollars. As soon as I put it up I'll edit this post to include the link of the auction.
Back to top Go down
bahdbwoy

Done with madden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Done with madden   Done with madden EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 11:33 pm

Go run though an offline franchise to get out of the online tendancy stuff.. Then come back to it and you should be ok..

What is causing the L's?
Back to top Go down
Jander

Jander

Done with madden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Done with madden   Done with madden EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 11:56 pm

Man that sucks......where do you find time to play 11 games in one night?
Back to top Go down
xHEx DeathAngel

xHEx DeathAngel

Done with madden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Done with madden   Done with madden EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 3:08 am

What are you struggling with most, thats costing you games? Im sure someone on this site can help you out?

Thanks,

haseo15
Back to top Go down
Geordaigs

Geordaigs

Done with madden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Done with madden   Done with madden EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 5:48 am

I think everyone hits a bad losing streak every now and then..... even the big dogs.

I couldnt buy a win last week when i changed strategy to throwing the ball....lost 7 or 8 on the spin.....so i binned the throw game and went back to running and i am slowly clawing back the deficit.

Sometimes you put yourself under more pressure when you get these bad runs and dont play freely for fear of making a mistake.....put the game down for a few days and play something else, then come back with a fresh approach and mind-set.

If you sell it, theres a good chance you will go out and buy a new copy again, when the frustration settles.
Back to top Go down
more cowbell

more cowbell

Done with madden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Done with madden   Done with madden EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 7:32 am

take a day/night or 2 away from the game. that is what i do when things aren't going my way.
Back to top Go down
mgcomedy

mgcomedy

Done with madden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Done with madden   Done with madden EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 9:56 am

Hey man,

Agree with what everyone has posted so far and just wanted to add a few things. That feeling of frustration you are going through? Every single person that plays Madden goes through this exact feeling at some point during the year.

I think it was last year Gibs lost like two GOTW back to back and you could tell he was frustrated and most people would agree he's an elite player!

Confession!!! I broke two controllers when I started playing Madden in March 2010. Immature on my part but I'm trying to stress to you that so many people feel the same way at times. As competitive as this community is still there are people here that are more than willing to offer advice to a specific problem you might be having.

Take the weekend off and jump back in next week!

MG
Back to top Go down
http://www.mgcomedy.com
datnodude

Done with madden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Done with madden   Done with madden EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 11:21 am

im definetly not having the success i had in 11 now..granted i dont have time to play as much but i know what i wanna do on offense i just have to find ways to implement my scheme. i've changed pbs 3 times so far on offense i think i've settles on one just need to find some solid plays for passing down. got alot of time left hang in there.
Back to top Go down
AssassinJ0E

AssassinJ0E

Done with madden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Done with madden   Done with madden EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 11:33 am

I felt the same way a couple of nights ago. Its frustrating but I just took a couple of days break. It get to where you get so pissed you just cant focus and start losing because your frustrated. Chill out you will get your game back. Just keep labbing .
Back to top Go down
xHHx_megatron

xHHx_megatron

Done with madden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Done with madden   Done with madden EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 12:36 pm

suicide-manual wrote:
Tonight I lost 11 games in a row I am so done with madden cause this sh!t makes no sense at all, practice practice, and practice some more and I'm still getting nowhere. I'm offering my ps3 copy of madden 12 and all 4 of the books I bought this year will be up for auction starting at 35 dollars. As soon as I put it up I'll edit this post to include the link of the auction.

So you bought four books and learned nothing from them? Did u assume buying everything possible is gunna automatically make you an good or elite player? Do you think everything u practice is gunna transition to a game 100% of the time? The biggest question is do,you even realize why u lost and how can u prevent that from happening again? You have the resources to make yourself better and ultimately its up to you.

Practice is good for putting plays/schemes together. Games are for testing ur schemes against other players. Win or lose, you must be able to learn what works against what and when to use whatever. Once you do that then you will be able to adjust on the go which is very important in takin the next step.

Be a student of the game and success will follow

Back to top Go down
stritzo

stritzo

Done with madden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Done with madden   Done with madden EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 6:21 pm

I also agree with everyone also remeber it's just a game practice u'll get ur wins but never quit that just makes u look bad
Back to top Go down
WFColonel56

WFColonel56

Done with madden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Done with madden   Done with madden EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 7:46 pm

after each game watch the replays.

get in the lab and forget about winning, forget about finding good stuff. Just relax. When you force stuff it becomes 10x harder to do. I find the best stuff when im not dead set on finding anything

take 3 days off of madden period to clear your head.

the first 2 days u get back just hit the lab and have fun, dont force

play some play now games with what u have

but for the next 4-5 days after just play casually (like an hour a day) (without playing online) and then your mind shoul be cleared. then hit the lab and get ready to play online

Back to top Go down
http://www.wfcolonelswarroom.com
suicide-manual

suicide-manual

Done with madden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Done with madden   Done with madden EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 9:08 pm

xHHx_megatron wrote:
suicide-manual wrote:

So you bought four books and learned nothing from them? Did u assume buying everything possible is gunna automatically make you an good or elite player? Do you think everything u practice is gunna transition to a game 100% of the time? The biggest question is do,you even realize why u lost and how can u prevent that from happening again? You have the resources to make yourself better and ultimately its up to you.

Practice is good for putting plays/schemes together. Games are for testing ur schemes against other players. Win or lose, you must be able to learn what works against what and when to use whatever. Once you do that then you will be able to adjust on the go which is very important in takin the next step.

Be a student of the game and success will follow

Never said it was gonna make me an elite played, I know tons of concepts from the books, and from real life experience as I used to play Safety and Linebacker in school. Most my losses are bs plays where the ball warps through players and into another's hands. Today I had a game where I had 374 yards offense, and held the guy to 164 total offense, and still lost 14 -7 .....
Back to top Go down

Done with madden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Done with madden   Done with madden EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 11:41 pm

Sounds to me like your just not putting up enough quality yards. You can put up 500+ yards a game, but if your not ending your drives with scores all those yards are meaningless. I would say you just need to work on efficiency & finishing off your drives. If you can improve in this area, you should start winning more games. I'm not trying to dog you, but 374 yards and you only score 7 points? That's not going to get it done in real life or in Madden. Just to give you a gauge, I average 300 yards a game & I score 28 points a game. My record is 45-13. So it sounds to me like you have the raw talent, you just need to fine tune your game. Focus on finishing off drives with scores (TD or FG), making your opponent pay for turning the ball over, and clock management. Do these and you should start seeing more W's instead of L's.

Last edited by SiCkWiThItXX on Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SF_FAN88

Done with madden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Done with madden   Done with madden EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 11:50 pm

Yeah man, i definitely hear ya.. It can get frustrating. I remember i lost like 5-6 in a row in last years madden. I still havent played any games online with madden 12 as i am just trying to get really adjusted to this years madden.

Just remember man, its just a game. No way nobody goes undefeated in madden. There are alot of awesome members on this site, that is here to help. Sgibs and ZFarls i bet at one point were just as frustrated as you are right now.

WFColonel, makes up a good point, just relax and just have fun. Me and Militant X1 usually lab and we just have fun. We dont get stressed or anything. Just keep playing.

Back to top Go down
SaintsG0Marchin'In

Done with madden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Done with madden   Done with madden EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 11:28 am

My advice is play a few games vs the computer just to get a few wins back under your belt. Wins, like losses can snowball. A win is a win. You just need to see the clock tick down with you on top a few times and even though it's against the computer as strange as it sounds you will gain some confidence back and really you can't do much at all in madden without a little confidence. Other than that Colonel just gave you some good advice, take a couple of days off first and foremost and when you come back like I said start out vs the computer.

EDIT: I just thought of something else to because I'm in practice mode right now.. I don't know you're level of expertise but when you are in practice mode make sure you are never just staying right in the middle of the field when you are practicing your plays. Always move back and forth between the hash marks when you are trying plays out because usually in madden you end up on one side or the other and almost never in the middle of the field. Just this alone can be a huge step toward finding plays in practice mode that will translate over to working in real games.
Back to top Go down
suicide-manual

suicide-manual

Done with madden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Done with madden   Done with madden EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 3:30 pm

SaintsG0Marchin'In wrote:
My advice is play a few games vs the computer just to get a few wins back under your belt. Wins, like losses can snowball. A win is a win. You just need to see the clock tick down with you on top a few times and even though it's against the computer as strange as it sounds you will gain some confidence back and really you can't do much at all in madden without a little confidence. Other than that Colonel just gave you some good advice, take a couple of days off first and foremost and when you come back like I said start out vs the computer.

EDIT: I just thought of something else to because I'm in practice mode right now.. I don't know you're level of expertise but when you are in practice mode make sure you are never just staying right in the middle of the field when you are practicing your plays. Always move back and forth between the hash marks when you are trying plays out because usually in madden you end up on one side or the other and almost never in the middle of the field. Just this alone can be a huge step toward finding plays in practice mode that will translate over to working in real games.

Got My mojo back yesterday when I finally realized what held me back was that I made a CPB for defense, and forgot I didn't set any audibles. Relieved myself a few minutes ago by destroying the panthers 167 total yards offense 12sacks on new along with 4 ints stayed paranoid the whole game haha DPP ***** you over when you're in paranoid mode lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Done with madden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Done with madden   Done with madden Empty

Back to top Go down

Done with madden
Page 1 of 1