Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

how do you stop players who get qb spies to rush and then take off

Go down 
+4
ZFarls
xHHx_megatron
relli843
finfever
8 posters
AuthorMessage
finfever

finfever

how do you stop players who get qb spies to rush and then take off Empty
PostSubject: how do you stop players who get qb spies to rush and then take off   how do you stop players who get qb spies to rush and then take off EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 5:03 pm

When playing coverage d against scrambling QBs, I find that almost everyone will act like they are scrambling up the middle and take a couple steps up, then the qb spy will rush, then they back up the qb and the o line picks up the spy, then the qb has a free lane and runs. I feel like this is one of the biggest problems with defense. does anyone have any way to combat this?
Back to top Go down
relli843

PostSubject: Re: how do you stop players who get qb spies to rush and then take off   how do you stop players who get qb spies to rush and then take off EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 6:00 pm

finfever wrote:
When playing coverage d against scrambling QBs, I find that almost everyone will act like they are scrambling up the middle and take a couple steps up, then the qb spy will rush, then they back up the qb and the o line picks up the spy, then the qb has a free lane and runs. I feel like this is one of the biggest problems with defense. does anyone have any way to combat this?

thats gonna happen the only way to prevent it from happening is: 1. have 2 spies on the play(in most cases only 1 will rush) or 2. user the spy(which i know isnt something your gonna want to do)
Back to top Go down
xHHx_megatron

xHHx_megatron

PostSubject: Re: how do you stop players who get qb spies to rush and then take off   how do you stop players who get qb spies to rush and then take off EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 11:18 pm

Why dont you have atleast one rushing to begin with up the middle?!!!!
Back to top Go down
ZFarls
Admin
ZFarls

PostSubject: Re: how do you stop players who get qb spies to rush and then take off   how do you stop players who get qb spies to rush and then take off EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 2:33 am

Yeah, bring some heat up the a-gap early to engage those blockers. That is tough to do consistently tho with the spies
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
ZAN

ZAN

PostSubject: Re: how do you stop players who get qb spies to rush and then take off   how do you stop players who get qb spies to rush and then take off EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 4:22 pm

Put two on the field.

ALWAYS put the guy you're controlling in a spy (you know your assignment). That way you can click off (because we know how terrible the D reacts to even the slowest QB taking off on you) and take control of someone else and go for the hitstick.
Back to top Go down
finfever

finfever

PostSubject: Re: how do you stop players who get qb spies to rush and then take off   how do you stop players who get qb spies to rush and then take off EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 6:31 pm

i do rush 1, straight up the middle. fast qbs can usually still get by this and engage the spy and take off. I have been using 2 spies, but whenever i do that I dont rush any. Its either 1 rush 1 spy or 2 spies no rush. and people will sit back there all quarter if I dont rush at least one.

I like your idea zan. I usually do put the guy I am controlling in a spy for instant control, but I never thought about clicking off. thanks!
Back to top Go down
WasItTehChad

PostSubject: Re: how do you stop players who get qb spies to rush and then take off   how do you stop players who get qb spies to rush and then take off EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 3:35 am

even if you control your qb spy, if ur opp does do the "fake run" tactic if u decide to click off the spy will still rush.

so if u do decide to control em, there is no turning back unless he does infact take off..
Back to top Go down
SF_FAN88

PostSubject: Re: how do you stop players who get qb spies to rush and then take off   how do you stop players who get qb spies to rush and then take off EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 5:44 pm

Not sure how much this might help, but i just played a guy online who had Vick and the Eagles.

Knowing that he was always looking to scramble, all i did all game was put my DE on contain, and blitz 1 DT and spy the other just like some of the members mentioned. But what i do is stack my MLB (I run the 4-3) in the A gap to mimmick pressure and show that he wont be able to run and that im bringing heat. And User 1 of the LB of course.

The result was he kept scrambling left/right and running right into my DE. It was pretty effective.

Basically like Farls said, BRING DA HEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
LittleAlex83

LittleAlex83

PostSubject: Re: how do you stop players who get qb spies to rush and then take off   how do you stop players who get qb spies to rush and then take off EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 12:27 pm

I'm no expert, so my easy fix -- as I mentioned in another thread -- is user'ing a safety in a hook zone and only using MLB's, instead of DTs, to spy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.blogabull.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how do you stop players who get qb spies to rush and then take off   how do you stop players who get qb spies to rush and then take off Empty

Back to top Go down

how do you stop players who get qb spies to rush and then take off
Page 1 of 1