Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag)

Go down 
+13
sgibs
jnunes1990
superman13
SuperTigrer
ZFarls
TheCrew22
krod516
RJ SHAKER
kcjb
General Brown
hairy weasel
Militant X 1
gretzky17
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
gretzky17

This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag) Empty
PostSubject: This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag)   This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag) EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 10:54 pm

requested thread: ask questions
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag)   This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag) EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 10:57 pm

GREAT SHOW 2NITE FELLAS!!!

Gibs and ZFarls...my questions are:

1. what is the best way ("style") to use the Ravens both offensively and defensively to be extremely competitive and effective online?

2. what is a good "scheme" to utilize out of the Run Balanced pb?

3. what are some good 3-4 Stack blitzes and coverage plays?

4. when running the 3-4 as a "based" defense....how many 3-4 plays should be in my audibles and what types?

-Mili

Last edited by Militant X 1 on Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:21 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
hairy weasel

PostSubject: Re: This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag)   This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag) EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 10:57 pm

passing out of goaline
Back to top Go down
General Brown

General Brown

PostSubject: Re: This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag)   This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag) EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 10:58 pm

0k Sgibs and Zfarls

What is a good running scheme to use against opponents who like to overload gaps... or use nanos?

Also for Rocket Catching, How do u complete a RC for the Corner Route?
Back to top Go down
kcjb

PostSubject: Re: This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag)   This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag) EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 10:59 pm

I'm enjoying the show, thanks guys.

Can you guys point me to a medium passing play out of the MIN playbook that you think is particularly reliable? I'm struggling to find a 'go to' play in 3rd & 5ish situations.
Back to top Go down
RJ SHAKER

RJ SHAKER

PostSubject: Re: This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag)   This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag) EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 11:00 pm

What is the top five most underrated receivers in the game?

+

What are the top 3 defensive secondary in the game? (Teams)

Very Happy

Last edited by RJ SHAKER on Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
krod516

krod516

PostSubject: Re: This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag)   This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag) EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 11:19 pm

Hey guys long time viewer, finally signed up...

my question is whats the best playbook to run with the Dolphins, besides the wildcat, I can't find anything I really like out of it/
Back to top Go down
TheCrew22

TheCrew22

PostSubject: Re: This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag)   This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag) EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 11:36 pm

I cant believe i missed the show... I had a basketball game. Missed out on a free EBOOK wow im angry with myself lol
Back to top Go down
ZFarls
Admin
ZFarls

PostSubject: Re: This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag)   This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag) EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 12:16 am

Crew, you got an hour to post a nice question and we will still hook you up!
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
hairy weasel

PostSubject: Re: This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag)   This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag) EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 12:26 am

ZFarls wrote:
Crew, you got an hour to post a nice question and we will still hook you up!

do either passing out of goalline or stopping shotgun splitbacks ( the power o + screen and other pass plays that go with it )
Back to top Go down
SuperTigrer

SuperTigrer

PostSubject: Re: This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag)   This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag) EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 12:58 am

not to be hatin, but, it's all i can come up with for an e-book
zfarls, what's with pounding the rock out of goal line so much? power o is dominating, but it seems like as much as you know about the game, you'd have something more dominating? And plus it drives everyone insane when people come out on fourth and five in goal line and run power o
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag)   This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag) EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 1:23 am

SuperTigrer wrote:
not to be hatin, but, it's all i can come up with for an e-book
zfarls, what's with pounding the rock out of goal line so much? power o is dominating, but it seems like as much as you know about the game, you'd have something more dominating? And plus it drives everyone insane when people come out on fourth and five in goal line and run power o

ST...seems like all the more reason to run it right there!

-Mili
Back to top Go down
superman13

superman13

PostSubject: Re: This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag)   This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag) EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 1:39 am

hey guys how can i utilize antonio bryant and matt forte in my online franchise
Back to top Go down
jnunes1990

PostSubject: Re: This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag)   This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag) EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 1:43 am

hey guys thanks for all the tips i love playin madden, i just wish i could hop on the sticks with you guys, but i only have a ps3,

just one quick question would be about rocket catching, i can do it pretty well with deep out routes but im not having much success with other routes. Ive heard you guys talk about holding down the left trigger cuz it puts more air under the ball but im not sure if it works on ps3. Any tips???
Back to top Go down
TheCrew22

TheCrew22

PostSubject: Re: This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag)   This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag) EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 9:26 am

Ok i have a question: What do you think is the toughest style of offense to stop in Madden 10 and how do YOU stop it? Examples: Goal Line Run Offense, Air It Out type shotgun offense, Under Center.
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag)   This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag) EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 10:50 am

IMO

you gotta have everything

right now my scheme utilizes the goaline power run scheme

a under center quick pass

balanced shotgun

compressed shotgun

and a spread shutgun

so you can see Im RIGHT on pace with the 5 sets of success that we spoke about last year.

the game is no different from year to year interms of scheme...you just need to tweak what formations you use.
Back to top Go down
superman13

superman13

PostSubject: Re: This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag)   This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag) EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 11:05 am

gibs what up with the brady pic no offense im a die hard dolphin fan lol. i have a question about blitzing i normally use dalllas, san diego, and miami online. normally when i blitz my opponet found a counter for it because the corners dont have the best man coverage.do u have any suggestions. for stopping that. i also need help using the same looks but different plays.
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag)   This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag) EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 11:42 am

check out our archived shows you will find some good blitzes there
Back to top Go down
superman13

superman13

PostSubject: Re: This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag)   This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag) EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 12:11 pm

thanks man
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag)   This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag) EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 2:04 pm

sgibs7 wrote:
IMO

balanced shotgun

compressed shotgun

and a spread shutgun

so you can see Im RIGHT on pace with the 5 sets of success that we spoke about last year.

the game is no different from year to year interms of scheme...you just need to tweak what formations you use.

Gibs...how does this type of "scheme" work in the Ravens favor? i mean...you mention all of these Gun types (i.e. balanced, compressed and spread) and yet...the Ravens personnel aren't geared to being pass heavy as this. any advice?

-Mili
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag)   This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag) EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 2:38 pm

Militant X 1 wrote:
sgibs7 wrote:
IMO

balanced shotgun

compressed shotgun

and a spread shutgun

Gibs...how does this type of "scheme" work in the Ravens favor? i mean...you mention all of these Gun types (i.e. balanced, compressed and spread) and yet...the Ravens personnel aren't geared to being pass heavy as this. any advice?

-Mili

Each set needs to be defended against differently.

We have the ability to audible and play power running with the goaline.

I have my quick passing offense which is great for inside the redzone or for short yards

Then I have a balanced shotgun set so they need to worry about all parts of the field

then A compressed set

and a spread set

Now each set has to be defended differently by the defense. THey need to defend each formation differently. and when I have all in my audibles It makes it tough for the defense to make changes on the fly.
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag)   This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag) EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 3:57 pm

sgibs7 wrote:
Militant X 1 wrote:
sgibs7 wrote:
IMO

balanced shotgun

compressed shotgun

and a spread shutgun

-Mili

I have my quick passing offense which is great for inside the redzone or for short yards

Then I have a balanced shotgun set so they need to worry about all parts of the field

then A compressed set

and a spread set

Now each set has to be defended differently by the defense. THey need to defend each formation differently. and when I have all in my audibles It makes it tough for the defense to make changes on the fly.

ok Gibs...so...if i am understanding you and this "concept" correctly (i think the light is turning on...lol)...that means that a play for EACH of these formations needs to be set in my audibles to effectively run this type of "scheme" or set up...causing confusion for the defense?

also...Gibs...it seems like this type of "scheme" would even allow me to motion a man within the Gun: Compression formation to the left of right...creating the Gun: Spread formation look and vica versa. is that right? just wondering.

-Mili
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag)   This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag) EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 4:48 pm

Militant X 1 wrote:
sgibs7 wrote:
Militant X 1 wrote:
sgibs7 wrote:
IMO

balanced shotgun

compressed shotgun

and a spread shutgun

-Mili

then A compressed set

and a spread set

ok Gibs...so...if i am understanding you and this "concept" correctly (i think the light is turning on...lol)...that means that a play for EACH of these formations needs to be set in my audibles to effectively run this type of "scheme" or set up...causing confusion for the defense?

also...Gibs...it seems like this type of "scheme" would even allow me to motion a man within the Gun: Compression formation to the left of right...creating the Gun: Spread formation look and vica versa. is that right? just wondering.

-Mili

you got it

this is a hot topic. we are def gonna talk about it next week
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag)   This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag) EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 5:19 pm

sgibs7 wrote:

you got it

this is a hot topic. we are def gonna talk about it next week

wow! this is a hot topic bruh!

Gibs..this "concept" right here has UNLOCKED my 1 track mind and thinking when it comes to running and making the Ravens more deadly online! i have been "assuming" that because i run the Ravens...that most of my audibles need to be set from "running" formations. however, with this info that you have provided...i can have Gun formations in my audibles that STILL present a running threat with my Ravens with the ability to pass as well. SMH! SMH! SMH! this is why my gameplay has been sooooo stagnant!

P.S. could you expound on that "5 Formations" of success that you spoke of in a previous post?

-Mili
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag)   This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag) EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 5:46 pm

Every year I look for 5 formations and I look for a book that gives me all this formations.

power run- this is a set that I can sit in all game and simply pound the rock. I user goaline this year and last year I use iform te wing. Its an all out tell that Im running the rock and thats ok. I want to be able to play ball control at certain points of games and this type of formation will help me do that. (EX iform big, strong I twin TE, iform te win, goaline)

quick passing under center- this is virtually any undercenter formation in the game. This is a formation that takes a lot of time to work and you need to find plays that can work with quick passes. Lots of motion and timing goes into this scheme. Currently I use the full house formation.

Balanced Gun formation- this is to keep the defense honest in all spots on the field. i can hit each slot, each seem, and each sideline. Most importantly this is our MAX protect formation. We should feel most confident in this formation becuase we will always come out in the balcned form. We want to feel comfortable here because we will max protect in this form when our opponent is bringing the heat. (shotgun 2 back, shotgun normal)

Compressed formation- In madden this formation gives us a nice tell if its zone or man. Thats number 1. Number 2 compress sets make attacking the outside and the flats easy. Comrpession sets also cause lots of "picks" and there great for causing confusion and you can really attack pressure with a compress set. (snugs fliped, gun bunch te, tight flex)

Bunched set- they force you to work the side of the bunch. Most defenses arent able to defend this without making a playmaker and putting an extra defender in the area. I love using it because it allows me to force my opponent to defend an area they may not want to with there current blitz setup. (gun bunch TE, trips etc)

Spread- is the same idea as balanced yet we dont have max protect its more of an all out passing attack. The biggest thing with spread is that we force our opponent to show there card. they cant disguise what there doing. If there blitzing the slot WR's will be open and the box will be stacked After the blitz we can attack with the slots. (empty trey, 5 WR, 4WR)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag)   This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag) Empty

Back to top Go down

This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next