Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag)

Go down 
+13
sgibs
jnunes1990
superman13
SuperTigrer
ZFarls
TheCrew22
krod516
RJ SHAKER
kcjb
General Brown
hairy weasel
Militant X 1
gretzky17
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
General Brown

General Brown

This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag)   This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 6:38 pm

I love snugs and tight Flex
Back to top Go down
Stock1528

PostSubject: Re: This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag)   This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 6:49 pm

For TWIM show 14, can you guys give us the playbooks, not so much the specific plays, that utilize this scheme of quick pass and all the shotgun formations. I myself like the DET playbook for obvious reasons but maybe you can shine some light on some other playbooks. Thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
gretzky17

PostSubject: Re: This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag)   This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 10:04 pm

I wanna see a play that gets a guy open every time if their isnt a manual defender in the area
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag)   This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag) - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 10:40 pm

sgibs7 wrote:
Every year I look for 5 formations and I look for a book that gives me all this formations.

power run- this is a set that I can sit in all game and simply pound the rock. I user goaline this year and last year I use iform te wing. Its an all out tell that Im running the rock and thats ok. I want to be able to play ball control at certain points of games and this type of formation will help me do that. (EX iform big, strong I twin TE, iform te win, goaline)

quick passing under center- this is virtually any undercenter formation in the game. This is a formation that takes a lot of time to work and you need to find plays that can work with quick passes. Lots of motion and timing goes into this scheme. Currently I use the full house formation.

Balanced Gun formation- this is to keep the defense honest in all spots on the field. i can hit each slot, each seem, and each sideline. Most importantly this is our MAX protect formation. We should feel most confident in this formation becuase we will always come out in the balcned form. We want to feel comfortable here because we will max protect in this form when our opponent is bringing the heat. (shotgun 2 back, shotgun normal)

Compressed formation- In madden this formation gives us a nice tell if its zone or man. Thats number 1. Number 2 compress sets make attacking the outside and the flats easy. Comrpession sets also cause lots of "picks" and there great for causing confusion and you can really attack pressure with a compress set. (snugs fliped, gun bunch te, tight flex)

Bunched set- they force you to work the side of the bunch. Most defenses arent able to defend this without making a playmaker and putting an extra defender in the area. I love using it because it allows me to force my opponent to defend an area they may not want to with there current blitz setup. (gun bunch TE, trips etc)

Spread- is the same idea as balanced yet we dont have max protect its more of an all out passing attack. The biggest thing with spread is that we force our opponent to show there card. they cant disguise what there doing. If there blitzing the slot WR's will be open and the box will be stacked After the blitz we can attack with the slots. (empty trey, 5 WR, 4WR)

laptop..$400.00. xbox 360...$300.00. madden10...$60.00. all of the above information from Gibs..... PRICELESS!!

cheers cheers cheers cheers

P.S. is the Gun: Balanced Formation what you "always" come out in and then audible on the fly...or...do you choose a variety of "other" formations in your pb to come out in as well? this is interesting to me!

-Mili
Back to top Go down
abdaninja

abdaninja

PostSubject: Re: This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag)   This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag) - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 8:10 am

i was wondering how do u stop the atl gun split slip screen its ridiculous it has that clown route and that flat route makes it hard to defend that screen is always always open i have found a play outta dime zone man X i use Lb pass rush man up RE to RB #1 first flip the play shade safetys towards sidelines blitz my nickel back user my starting cb cover the flats myself but i was wondering what do u guys have cause they can still hit the screen u cant do anythin about it he scrambles to the right i use multi D anythin in there that can shut this down its annoying
Back to top Go down
TheCrew22

TheCrew22

PostSubject: Re: This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag)   This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag) - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 3:44 pm

combating F@G D or defenses where everyone is in coverage...
Back to top Go down
SuperTigrer

SuperTigrer

PostSubject: Re: This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag)   This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag) - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 7:05 pm

ST...seems like all the more reason to run it right there!

-Mili

Come on man. One, it's stupid because you fumble constantly. Two, if you get unlucky and someone misses a block on 3rd and 4, then its fourth and six. What, are you gonna run power O there too? Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Stock1528

PostSubject: Re: This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag)   This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag) - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 10:04 pm

Gibs and Farls, for TWIM Show 14 I would like to know what playbooks best utilize the under center quick pass, balanced shotgun, bunch shotgun, spread and power run formations. Thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
mp

mp

PostSubject: Re: This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag)   This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag) - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 10:23 pm

Having trouble with the screen pass. My QB always seems to throw it downfield. Even if his feet are set. Suggestions?
Back to top Go down
ZFarls
Admin
ZFarls

PostSubject: Re: This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag)   This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag) - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 11:56 pm

I would like to get away from the Goal line running, it really depends what PB I am in though. Some have better stock runs that other. In the Detroit you can get away with running out of a normal I with good audibles.

In the tourney's though, the top players were running that play because its probably the hardest in the game to stop.
I NEVER run enough, but knowing that play is a success helps, the only issue is they can be 99 pct sure you are going to run which can get annoying and is why I want to ideally have multi formations. Im still working on the balanced and getting CONFIDENCE in ALL of my audibles which is my personal number 1 factor for success. I only run what I know and understand and its limited right now!

Good stuff man, we will look to answer alot on the show this week.
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag)   This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag) - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 9:06 pm

SuperTigrer wrote:
Come on man. One, it's stupid because you fumble constantly. Two, if you get unlucky and someone misses a block on 3rd and 4, then its fourth and six. What, are you gonna run power O there too? Good luck.

c'mon ST! this play ain't as bad as you making it to be bruh! i like running stuff that gives cats headaches as you mentioned...lol! but...to each his own man!

-Mili
Back to top Go down
Hoshdude7

PostSubject: Re: This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag)   This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag) - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 12:01 am

What formations are your favorite? What are some successful run plays out of shotgun besides DS
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag)   This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

This Week in Madden 14 (mailbag)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2