Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Getting slashed & gashed

Go down 
+4
datnodude
ZAN
SF_FAN88
Ghostface
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Ghostface

Ghostface

Getting slashed & gashed Empty
PostSubject: Getting slashed & gashed   Getting slashed & gashed EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 4:05 pm

Whats a good D to slow down the HB draw play using 43 or 52 defense? mostly under center plays.
Back to top Go down
SF_FAN88

PostSubject: Re: Getting slashed & gashed   Getting slashed & gashed EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 5:25 pm

I use the 4-3 D. I would suggest 4-3 under edge sting. Spread your line and user the LB. You will see the LOLB and the DE collapse the pocket and just make the play with the LB. Let me know if that helps.
Back to top Go down
ZAN

ZAN

PostSubject: Re: Getting slashed & gashed   Getting slashed & gashed EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 5:26 pm

Edge Sting out of 4-3 Over is an excellent inside run defense.
Back to top Go down
datnodude

PostSubject: Re: Getting slashed & gashed   Getting slashed & gashed EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 6:00 pm

i found being in man is better for qbs draws because in zone ppl are backing up which helps the play..u want ppl attacking the line
Back to top Go down
SF_FAN88

PostSubject: Re: Getting slashed & gashed   Getting slashed & gashed EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 6:23 pm

ZAN wrote:
Edge Sting out of 4-3 Over is an excellent inside run defense.

Zan, i may check into this. I mainly use the stack and under from 4-3. Do you do anything with the edge sting? Or do you run the play as is?
Back to top Go down
Ghostface

Ghostface

PostSubject: Re: Getting slashed & gashed   Getting slashed & gashed EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 8:33 pm

Thanks everybody for ur feedback...hope it helps
Back to top Go down
BuckNut4eva

BuckNut4eva

PostSubject: Re: Getting slashed & gashed   Getting slashed & gashed EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 12:01 am

Ghostface wrote:
Whats a good D to slow down the HB draw play using 43 or 52 defense? mostly under center plays.

if you run 4-3 stack OLB fire man

spread the d-line crash out, and just spread the LBs, any draws, off tackles, or counters or toss's this play eats up, just be wary of hb dives with motioned a-gap blockers thats the weakness to this run d

you can do same concept from zone u just have to blitz both OLBs , its double b-gap heat so anything thats not a HB dive its really good on
Back to top Go down
RaveNeff

RaveNeff

PostSubject: Re: Getting slashed & gashed   Getting slashed & gashed EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 1:23 am

I do a little differently, don't really pick any one play in particular, but usually 3-4 over or even, or 4-3. When I expect a draw i get get my MLB in spy, and crash middle line, it covers middle of the field and the scramble and always worked against the draw well for me. It might give up a couple yards, but after a few runs of only 2-3 yards the people i played against drop that play, and are wary of anything similar. With Ray lewis ball pursuit was never a problem, and if they got by Ngata, suggs or Reed came in and picked up. Not saying it will work all the time, but it's been good for me.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/ion_Raveneff
prophet

prophet

PostSubject: Re: Getting slashed & gashed   Getting slashed & gashed EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 4:57 pm

BuckNut4eva wrote:
Ghostface wrote:

spread the d-line crash out, and just spread the LBs, any draws, off tackles, or counters or toss's this play eats up, just be wary of hb dives with motioned a-gap blockers thats the weakness to this run d

you can do same concept from zone u just have to blitz both OLBs , its double b-gap heat so anything thats not a HB dive its really good on

All opponents I play use motioned gap blockers, but I'll give this one a try, Ive been liking 52 Cover 1, Pinch and 43 Over/Under Cover 6 and 43 Under Edge Sting but motioned gap blockers are the problem stopping same and my user/depth perception is suspect one miss and a huge gain normally a TD happens.
Back to top Go down
BuckNut4eva

BuckNut4eva

PostSubject: Re: Getting slashed & gashed   Getting slashed & gashed EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 5:12 pm

prophet wrote:
BuckNut4eva wrote:
Ghostface wrote:

All opponents I play use motioned gap blockers, but I'll give this one a try, Ive been liking 52 Cover 1, Pinch and 43 Over/Under Cover 6 and 43 Under Edge Sting but motioned gap blockers are the problem stopping same and my user/depth perception is suspect one miss and a huge gain normally a TD happens.

if they are motioned gap blocking best run D for me is 4-3 under cover 3, bring the safety on the left thats in a light blue down on the left edge of DE, about 2-3 yards outside, i place him in a purple, and if its a hb dive motioned gap blocker i will pinch the line, i do user my safety to help blow the run up......

don't use the 4-3 stack olb fire if they are motioned gap blocking, you are suspect to big gashes, i use it for outside runs and quick hike runners
Back to top Go down
abdaninja

abdaninja

PostSubject: Re: Getting slashed & gashed   Getting slashed & gashed EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 1:34 pm

smoke mid zone 4-3 over both c2 and c3 versions are excellent vs inside runs and fb dives
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting slashed & gashed   Getting slashed & gashed Empty

Back to top Go down

Getting slashed & gashed
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Madden Bible :: Madden NFL 2012 :: Madden NFL 2012 General-
Jump to: