Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

need help getting a good ground game going

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
sammythebull131

need help getting a good ground game going Empty
PostSubject: need help getting a good ground game going   need help getting a good ground game going EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 10:29 am

i use the redskins and am having a hard time getting a good ground game going. can someone give me some tips on how to run the ball effectively and what plays work best when trying to run the ball
Back to top Go down
SF_FAN88

PostSubject: Re: need help getting a good ground game going   need help getting a good ground game going EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 1:02 am

What playbook are you running?
Back to top Go down
grimmagician87

grimmagician87

PostSubject: Re: need help getting a good ground game going   need help getting a good ground game going EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 9:18 am

1. count the defenders ( how many on the left , right, middle near the line of scrimmage ) choose the weakest area and attack.
2. choose appropiate run play. power O is nice , zone stretches are good, tosses and counters are very high risk high reward. I have a counter in my audibles and only use it when the d is over compensating.
3. be aware of your quick audibles and field position. never come out in a run that is your quick run audible even if you are going to run that play , pick a different one and audible to it. flip the play to give you the wide side of the field, not always as it can be a tell as to which way you are running, but sometimes the extra few yards can help you turn that corner.
4. keep the D honest. pass out of your run formations. maybe a screen or a pa or just a good pass. find a play you are comfortable with and run it every now and then. Heck even a quick pass audible with a hot routed streak, slant, drag combo will keep them thinking on their toes.
5. change it up. run out of your pass formations. draws and handoffs out of the gun can be effective it used correctly.
6. find a way to use motion to get a extra blocker against zone.. if the D is running zone motioning a wr to block at the point of attack or to seal the edge can be very effective. also this can give you a good man zone read if you are passing.

Back to top Go down
sammythebull131

PostSubject: Re: need help getting a good ground game going   need help getting a good ground game going EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 10:47 am

carolina panthers playbook
Back to top Go down
grimmagician87

grimmagician87

PostSubject: Re: need help getting a good ground game going   need help getting a good ground game going EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 12:01 pm

there are alot of write up[s on strong close. Also I form twins gives you a nice man zone read and has some good run plays.
Back to top Go down
sammythebull131

PostSubject: Re: need help getting a good ground game going   need help getting a good ground game going EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 12:31 pm

anything for panthers pbook specifically?
Back to top Go down
prophet

prophet

PostSubject: Re: need help getting a good ground game going   need help getting a good ground game going EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 4:33 pm

sammythebull131 wrote:
anything for panthers pbook specifically?
I Pro HB Toss: protect right, motion CIRCLE/B left to the TE
Strong Close HB Dive: Motion CIRCLE/B to A Gap
Strong Close Quick Toss: Protect, motion CIRCLE/B all the way left
Strong Close Counter Weak vs zone motion CIRCLE/B left to the Left Tackle
Strong Close Off Tackle: motion CIRCLE/B left 3 steps
SB Tight Slots HB Dive: Motion slot 2 steps
SB ACE HB DIVE: Motion Left TE left
SB BUNCH HB SLASH: Motion CIRCLE/B right
I Twins Weak Zone: playmaker run where there is less defenders
Weak Twins weak toss: playmaker run right
Weak Twins Power O

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: need help getting a good ground game going   need help getting a good ground game going Empty

Back to top Go down

need help getting a good ground game going
Page 1 of 1