Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

TWIM Show 19 Mailbag

Go down 
+11
2020_ht
Stock1528
spacab
slezy187
sgibs
ERZ
ZFarls
JakeH23
SuperTigrer
ramathorn
Militant X 1
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
slezy187

slezy187

TWIM Show 19 Mailbag - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TWIM Show 19 Mailbag   TWIM Show 19 Mailbag - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 4:40 pm

Here IS what i wanna know the rocket catch is a great play, but it seems to me any time some is in a cover 4 you cant run it!(well i cant run it lol) Can you show me how to beat the cover 4 with this play? I dont mean by throwing to the flats cause i know that will work, i am taliking bout it 3rd and long and you need to hit the ROcket for 10 plus yds?????
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: TWIM Show 19 Mailbag   TWIM Show 19 Mailbag - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 6:55 pm

BIGGAME80 wrote:
sorry mili lol...

lol! it's cool BigG. just messing with you guys! lol!

-Mili
Back to top Go down
ZFarls
Admin
ZFarls

PostSubject: Re: TWIM Show 19 Mailbag   TWIM Show 19 Mailbag - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 9:38 pm

Yeah, just send me the record link. Also ERZ, I will play you and record it. Gibs gets all the action on twim and I've been holding my own in my league!
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
ERZ
Admin
ERZ

PostSubject: Re: TWIM Show 19 Mailbag   TWIM Show 19 Mailbag - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 9:51 pm

ok zfarls let me know when u wanna play.
Back to top Go down
ZFarls
Admin
ZFarls

PostSubject: Re: TWIM Show 19 Mailbag   TWIM Show 19 Mailbag - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 9:57 pm

Lets play a 3 minute game now? I'll accept your FR now
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
spacab

spacab

PostSubject: Re: TWIM Show 19 Mailbag   TWIM Show 19 Mailbag - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 10:10 pm

Quote :
Is there any way to run consistently out of undercenter formations like I-form and Singleback against heat/nanos up the middle?

If so, this could really open my game up...there's a ton of concepts I leave behind when I can't run from undercenter.
Back to top Go down
Stock1528

PostSubject: Re: TWIM Show 19 Mailbag   TWIM Show 19 Mailbag - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 3:39 pm

D against mobile QB's. I played a kid that used seneca wallace and when he hiked the ball, h would either run straight back or rollout to one side. This would totally evade my blitz and leave all the WR's and DB's 1 on 1. Can you guys show me some D that will contain the QB or force him to roll into the blitz. I even tried the goalline D blitzing from the left and right and it still had no effect when he would use play action. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
2020_ht

2020_ht

PostSubject: Re: TWIM Show 19 Mailbag   TWIM Show 19 Mailbag - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 3:59 pm

I know this has nothing to do with strategy, but I have an idea for MB members and fans. Maybe you guys (gibs and farls) could have a Madden Bible T-shirt design contest, and the person who wins gets a free T-shirt. I think MB deserves an amazing T to represent the amazing people who are a part of it. What's your take on this?
Back to top Go down
lilron187

PostSubject: hey guys   TWIM Show 19 Mailbag - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 5:04 pm

hey could u guys give some tips on stick skills and how to improve them thanks
Back to top Go down
BURRITO BANDIDO

PostSubject: Re: TWIM Show 19 Mailbag   TWIM Show 19 Mailbag - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 6:10 pm

I have a sugg. how about a discussion on how to get whats in the user's head on to the field? Ex..I purchase an Ebook with 300 money plays GREAT.....but I don't know when to use what?!? So I try a nano and give up a TD to max protect, I try FA@D and give up an RC, I run.... 12 in the box I pass 12 in coverage. Elite players always speak of this chess game well I'm stuck in checkers so MADDENBIBLE help a BANDIDO out!!!
Back to top Go down
ramathorn

ramathorn

PostSubject: Re: TWIM Show 19 Mailbag   TWIM Show 19 Mailbag - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 6:25 pm

BURRITO BANDIDO wrote:
I have a sugg. how about a discussion on how to get whats in the user's head on to the field? Ex..I purchase an Ebook with 300 money plays GREAT.....but I don't know when to use what?!? So I try a nano and give up a TD to max protect, I try FA@D and give up an RC, I run.... 12 in the box I pass 12 in coverage. Elite players always speak of this chess game well I'm stuck in checkers so MADDENBIBLE help a BANDIDO out!!!

I gotta say, in response to this one I think this really only comes with practice and learning from that how to anticipate other player's tendencies.

Personally, on defence I try to dictate the other team's game plan rather than react, so I'll start with some heavy blitzes and then, anticipating that he's going to try to get rid of it quick I'll show the same blitz but drop in to zone coverage for the pick. Or if the guy starts rolling away from pressure, look the same but bring the pressure from the other side to meet him. Also, try to figure out what the other player's "money play" is and expect it when they NEED a conversion.

On offence make sure you're using your audibles and adjustments to react to what the opponent is showing you (full house and snugs are great for this because they look the same no matter what you do).

However, I'm not an elite player so maybe Gibs, Farls or someone else who is will be able to offer some better advice, but I think the mind games get easier with experience.
Back to top Go down
BURRITO BANDIDO

PostSubject: Re: TWIM Show 19 Mailbag   TWIM Show 19 Mailbag - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 6:53 pm

ramathorn wrote:
BURRITO BANDIDO wrote:

I gotta say, in response to this one I think this really only comes with practice and learning from that how to anticipate other player's tendencies.

Personally, on defence I try to dictate the other team's game plan rather than react, so I'll start with some heavy blitzes and then, anticipating that he's going to try to get rid of it quick I'll show the same blitz but drop in to zone coverage for the pick. Or if the guy starts rolling away from pressure, look the same but bring the pressure from the other side to meet him. Also, try to figure out what the other player's "money play" is and expect it when they NEED a conversion.

On offence make sure you're using your audibles and adjustments to react to what the opponent is showing you (full house and snugs are great for this because they look the same no matter what you do).

However, I'm not an elite player so maybe Gibs, Farls or someone else who is will be able to offer some better advice, but I think the mind games get easier with experience.
Thanks for the response. When you say heavy blitzes can you give an example? Are you rushing 5-6? Also do you change your audibles every game?
Back to top Go down
ramathorn

ramathorn

PostSubject: Re: TWIM Show 19 Mailbag   TWIM Show 19 Mailbag - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 7:06 pm

I learned most of the blitzes I use from the NYJ D ebook (note: I do NOT work for MB, just got the books a couple weeks ago and loving them). The ones I like are mostly 5 man blitzes I think, and with bump man coverage to buy enough time. I'd definitely recommend it, some of the pressure you can bring is crazy. Just be ready for a lot of opponents to rage quit on you before the 3rd quarter. But again, you have to try to figure out when they're on to you and are planning a quick toss over the top of the blitz, then bam, drop back and get it.

About the audibles, you always need to use the same ones. Just be sure you can get into the formations you like to use, and also have access to 2-3 different gaps from the same formation for your runs. I use the balance ebook for offence and just the audibles MB recommends.
Back to top Go down
BURRITO BANDIDO

PostSubject: Re: TWIM Show 19 Mailbag   TWIM Show 19 Mailbag - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 7:15 pm

ramathorn wrote:
I learned most of the blitzes I use from the NYJ D ebook (note: I do NOT work for MB, just got the books a couple weeks ago and loving them). The ones I like are mostly 5 man blitzes I think, and with bump man coverage to buy enough time. I'd definitely recommend it, some of the pressure you can bring is crazy. Just be ready for a lot of opponents to rage quit on you before the 3rd quarter. But again, you have to try to figure out when they're on to you and are planning a quick toss over the top of the blitz, then bam, drop back and get it.
About the audibles, you always need to use the same ones. Just be sure you can get into the formations you like to use, and also have access to 2-3 different gaps from the same formation for your runs. I use the balance ebook for offence and just the audibles MB recommends.
That right there is the problem. Are you on 360? Maybe I just need better sparring partners......
Back to top Go down
krod516

krod516

PostSubject: Re: TWIM Show 19 Mailbag   TWIM Show 19 Mailbag - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 8:32 pm

Hes a question:

who are the top 5 kickers in madden this year?

and

whats the best way to get an onside kick. I seems to have horrible luck re coving them.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
TheCrew22

TheCrew22

PostSubject: Re: TWIM Show 19 Mailbag   TWIM Show 19 Mailbag - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 9:35 pm

How about a good play or 2 from Gun Empty Trey... i know you guys have something on it in your balanced ebook it would be interesting to see one because i struggle with the 5 wide game this year
Back to top Go down
ramathorn

ramathorn

PostSubject: Re: TWIM Show 19 Mailbag   TWIM Show 19 Mailbag - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 10:47 pm

I don't know if you guys are checking this now, but how about something about Green Bay strengths/weaknesses. Don't need a slide listing them but would like to know if I can be a homer and make the transition from playing with the Chargers to the Pack!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TWIM Show 19 Mailbag   TWIM Show 19 Mailbag - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

TWIM Show 19 Mailbag
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2