Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag!

Go down 
+18
WFColonel56
Stock1528
sgibs
lockdown100
J Blanco in LBK
sliqnes
Militant X 1
YoUnGPhEn0m
madden person
ramathorn
ELeiser17
kamikazefireball
mp
BURRITO BANDIDO
2020_ht
krod516
spacab
ZFarls
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ZFarls
Admin
ZFarls

Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag! Empty
PostSubject: Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag!   Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag! EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 12:44 am

Lay some questions in here, if we didnt get to your question last week, we will take from 19! Thanks and let us know if you want quciker, longer, better, or different answers, thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
spacab

spacab

PostSubject: Re: Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag!   Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag! EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 1:21 am

besides goalline, are there effective ways to run the football while operating under center against A-gap nano heat? I'd like to be able to utilize some singleback and I-Form more often
Back to top Go down
ZFarls
Admin
ZFarls

PostSubject: Re: Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag!   Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag! EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 10:03 am

Yes, we didn't get to that question last week but will make it a priority for twim 20 ( I did have the slide made) I will talk to sgibs and make sure we have some in-game action ready for a breakdown, thanks!
Back to top Go down
krod516

krod516

PostSubject: Re: Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag!   Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag! EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 12:16 pm

Any chance you guys could go over onside kicks?
Back to top Go down
ZFarls
Admin
ZFarls

PostSubject: Re: Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag!   Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag! EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 10:00 pm

You ask, we do! Of course, in fact Killa gave me a nice tip when he was getting them vs me at MLG. I got some squibbage too we can talk about.
Back to top Go down
2020_ht

2020_ht

PostSubject: Re: Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag!   Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag! EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 12:08 am

1.) What 3 teams have the best secondary?

2.) What 3 teams have the best WRs?

(Of course I mean in Madden)
Back to top Go down
BURRITO BANDIDO

PostSubject: Re: Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag!   Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag! EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 11:45 am

Can you gives us an example of your mental pre and post snap checklists? I need help on defense perhaps a visual explanation of how to key in on tendencies? Btw your show is great and keep up the excellent work.
Back to top Go down
mp

mp

PostSubject: Re: Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag!   Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag! EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 6:47 pm

Gents, I'm still running the Det step. I'm trying to get more from the Gun Split slot, right now I'll use 689 hook and power O. Is there another play or plays from that set you would use from that set?

Also defensively, one of my league teams is very slow at LB. I run the goalline blitz but my players are always a step slow. What are some effective ways to get heat when you have slooooooooooooooooow LB's?
Back to top Go down
kamikazefireball

kamikazefireball

PostSubject: Re: Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag!   Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag! EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 4:49 pm

Hey ZFarls and SGibs, just want your opinion on this. In Madden, will a great defense lockup any offense or will a great offense tear up any defense? I kinda think the great offense prevails because as I play higher ranked opponents it seems like any person who has a great scheme and can keep you guessing can score on you no matter what you do defensively. But that's just my thought. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
spacab

spacab

PostSubject: Re: Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag!   Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag! EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 5:43 pm

kamikazefireball wrote:
Hey ZFarls and SGibs, just want your opinion on this. In Madden, will a great defense lockup any offense or will a great offense tear up any defense? I kinda think the great offense prevails because as I play higher ranked opponents it seems like any person who has a great scheme and can keep you guessing can score on you no matter what you do defensively. But that's just my thought. What do you guys think?

I'm not who you asked, but I'd think a great offense wins simply because every defense has a weakness. Defense is more of a psychological battle, while offense is more of a tactical strategy game. On D you're trying to trick the offense into forcing the ball into bad spots, while on offense you're strictly looking to exploit holes in the D while avoiding the mind games.

The psychological element of defense exists because offense is dominant. You cannot win with playcalling alone because you're always weak somewhere. To compensate, you've gotta try to get into the offense's head and disrupt his thinking.

I find that whenever I am playing shutdown D, I almost know what my opponent is going to do and I put my guys in the spots which most effectively crush that play. When I'm getting torched, I'm constantly switching up my playcalling and coverages because I don't know what's coming next.

This is why the most frustrating thing in the world is knowing what's coming, and not knowing how to shut it down. When you can see him running that sweep, offtackle, RC or slant before he even does it, and then you realize you don't know what the hell to do in order to stop it, you feel completely helpless and controllers might take some damage. And this is why I think playing lots of games and seeing different offensive approaches is really important in improving your game, because it pays off over the long run as your exposure to different Madden offensive concepts increases. Any gimmick can work once or twice, but learning how to lock up almost every situation that can be thrown at you is the key to sustaining success.
Back to top Go down
ELeiser17

ELeiser17

PostSubject: Re: Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag!   Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag! EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 5:47 pm

What are your thoughts on the 46 Bear?

How necessary is it to have speed on the field if I know I will be playing zone coverage?
Back to top Go down
ramathorn

ramathorn

PostSubject: Re: Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag!   Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag! EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 7:19 pm

Last week the bold assertion was made that the Lions are a top 10 team in Madden 10. How about the rest of that list in order? Thanks!

Last edited by ramathorn on Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ZFarls
Admin
ZFarls

PostSubject: Re: Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag!   Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag! EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 8:46 pm

Anyone read what spacecb wrote in this thread!!! Thats some really good stuff right there, great post man!

I look forward to tackling these questions, one thing is that NO WAY sgibs gives a top 10 with the lions in it. Impossible once you list them. Its the concept of a top ten team, right sgibs? lets see your list.

We will each write a list of our top 10 teams and send it to Eric for a slide as part of the lightning round, sound good?
Back to top Go down
madden person

PostSubject: Re: Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag!   Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag! EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 9:27 pm

I have a problem with outside heat out of shotgun split slot. I was wondering how you guys block outside heat, because in the video you guys say to pinch your line and block both Rbs, but when i pinch my line it leaves my Rb 1-on-1 with a LB rushing full speed, and he usually gets run over.

Also the Wr post corners play is fire, but how do you guys create a scheme around it? The off tackle is not very effective and i have a hard time creating a scheme around WR post corners.
Back to top Go down
BURRITO BANDIDO

PostSubject: Re: Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag!   Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag! EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 9:54 pm

madden person wrote:
I have a problem with outside heat out of shotgun split slot. I was wondering how you guys block outside heat, because in the video you guys say to pinch your line and block both Rbs, but when i pinch my line it leaves my Rb 1-on-1 with a LB rushing full speed, and he usually gets run over.

Also the Wr post corners play is fire, but how do you guys create a scheme around it? The off tackle is not very effective and i have a hard time creating a scheme around WR post corners.
If he keeps blitizing his outside backer don't block your HB and hit him with the quick pass. He'll be wide open and your wr will lay a good block. That will cool him off a bit and force him into coverage. If you see him overloading slide protect left/right accordingly. Also, their balanced guide is straight FIAHHHH!!! I bought it yesterday watched the video only had 30mins to lab it, and went 6/7 tds in my league game. Using only 4plays and a little imagination. Maybe you should give it a look.
Back to top Go down
YoUnGPhEn0m

PostSubject: balanced run   Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag! EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 6:17 pm

I have been using the balanced playbook now because of this site. I was just wondering besides the hb off tackle...what would be the best formation to develop a power o scheme in the balanced pb??
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag!   Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag! EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 6:46 pm

YoUnGPhEn0m wrote:
I have been using the balanced playbook now because of this site. I was just wondering besides the hb off tackle...what would be the best formation to develop a power o scheme in the balanced pb??

hey YPhenom...you read my mind with this one bruh! lol!

i have developed a very nice scheme around the Power O but out of the Ravens playbook though. lol! i run the Ravens and to be honest....i love the ability to run the ball at will while controlling the clock. i asked Gibs about a Power O scheme a few days back and he said that the QB Sneak would be the power run formation however, any other formation in my playbook that had the Power O in it as a run down audible would be an added bonus. here's my audibles (for now...i change them constantly):

Goal Line: QB Sneak (Power O is the run audible down.....Power Running and short yardage play)
Strong: H Flex / FB Dive (Power O is the run audible down....Quick Passing play)
I-Form Twins: FB Dive (Power O is the run audible down....Compressed formation)
Gun: Tight / Slot Wheel (Compression formation...easy read for man or zone)
Gun: Split Y-Flex / 689 Hook (2RB for max protection and run threat)

i come out in the Gun: Raven Trips / Smash or HB Base w/ McGahee (unable to sub in McClain) as my inside WR. he becomes the FB when i audible down. coming out in this play lets me know if the D is in man or zone immediately and i will either just run the plays (and formation audibles) in this formation or audible down into my other formations (with the Power O's) if need be. i am thinking about coming out in the Gun: Tight and placing Gun: Spread Y-Flex in my audibles.

i don't run the Balanced playbook (although it seems nice) YPhenom so you will have to go through it to see which formations have the Power O as its' run down audible and build your scheme from there.

-Mili

Last edited by Militant X 1 on Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:24 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
YoUnGPhEn0m

PostSubject: Re: Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag!   Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag! EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 6:53 pm

aye mili wats yo gt? we should lab and play sometime
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag!   Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag! EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 8:12 pm

my gt is: Militant X 1

i would love to run some games or lab w/you YPhenom. i am not on as much as i use to be bruh, so i mostly get on very late at night when i do or on Saturdays.
Back to top Go down
BURRITO BANDIDO

PostSubject: Re: Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag!   Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag! EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 8:43 pm

Militant X 1 wrote:
YoUnGPhEn0m wrote:

hey YPhenom...you read my mind with this one bruh! lol!

i have developed a very nice scheme around the Power O but out of the Ravens playbook though. lol! i run the Ravens and to be honest....i love the ability to run the ball at will while controlling the clock and then letting my defense do the rest. i asked Gibs about a Power O scheme a few days back and he said that the QB Sneak would be the power run formation however, any other formation in my playbook that had the Power O in it as a run down audible would be an added bonus. so, what i did was to use the "5 Formations for Success," concept in developing "my personal" scheme using the audibles of "my" choice. so, here are the formations involved in Mili's Ravens Playbook Power O Scheme...lol! they are:

Goal Line: QB Sneak (Power O as the run audible down.....Power Running and short yardage play)
Strong: H Flex: FB Dive (Power O as the run audible down....Quick Passing play)
I-Form Twins: FB Flare (Power O as the run audible down....Compressed formation/Power run...HB runs a blue route)
Gun: Tight / Slot Wheel (Compression formation...easy read for man or zone)
Gun: Split Y-Flex / 689 Hook (2RB for max protection and run threat)

i come out in the Gun: Spread Y-Flex / Circle w/ McGahee (unable to sub in McClain) as my Left inside WR. he becomes the FB when i audible down. i will either just run the plays (and formation audibles) in that formation or audible down into my other formations (with the Power O's) if need be. or, for a change of pace to throw a wrinkle in my opponents game after getting use to seeing the Gun: Spread Y-Flex...i'll come out in the Gun: Raven Trip formation (once again w/McGahee subbed in at the inside receiver slot to become my FB when i audible down). lol!

i don't run the Balanced playbook (although it seems nice) so you will have to go through it to see which formations have the Power O as its' run down audible and build your scheme from there.

-Mili
Huge post mili.....where can I find this 5 formations for sucess you speak of?
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag!   Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag! EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 8:53 pm

bamn! lol! here is the link to the "5 Formations for Success" write up Bandido

http://maddenbible.com/2009/05/07/offensive-sets-breakdown.aspx

-Mili
Back to top Go down
ZFarls
Admin
ZFarls

PostSubject: Re: Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag!   Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag! EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 9:46 pm

Mili is the biggest beast of all-time. Great write up and some serious 3-4 plays everwhere
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag!   Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag! EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 12:26 pm

ZFarls wrote:
Mili is the biggest beast of all-time. Great write up and some serious 3-4 plays everwhere

i am definately no beast Z...lol! just trying to share info like you guys do.

-Mili
Back to top Go down
sliqnes

sliqnes

PostSubject: Re: Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag!   Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag! EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 11:37 pm

good info thx
Back to top Go down
J Blanco in LBK

J Blanco in LBK

PostSubject: Re: Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag!   Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag! EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 12:25 am

Here's a question: When you press RB (on xbox) or R1 (on PS3) it user bumps the receiver if you line your man up directly across from him. I like to set up a nano and bring a safety to user bump the reveiver that the opponent has a tendency to throw to on their quick read. A lot of times you can man up the outside WR's, bump the TE or slot WR, and they don't know what to do with the ball before the heat gets there. I've had pretty good success doing so.

What do you guys think? Is it better to user bump, user turbo, or just cover the deep routes when setting up a blitz?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag!   Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag! Empty

Back to top Go down

Twim 20: The Rematch Mailbag!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next