Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Share | 

HOW DO YOU GET YOUR OFFENSE LINEMEN TO BLOCK ONLINE

Go down 
AuthorMessage
alc

PostSubject: HOW DO YOU GET YOUR OFFENSE LINEMEN TO BLOCK ONLINE   Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:02 am

I AM HAVING A MAJOR PROBLEM ONLINE AND IN A LEAGUE I AM UNABLE TO GENARATE A RUNNING GAME AND MY PASS BLOCKING SUCKS. HOW CAN YOU GET YOUR OFFENSE LINEMAN AND WIDEOUTS TO BLOCK AND HOLD UP THE DEFENSE PRESSURE AND TURN THEM IN ANOTHER DIRECTION. YES IM NEW TO ONLINE PLAY AND I REALLY NEED HELP THANKS ALC
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jordanl95

PostSubject: Re: HOW DO YOU GET YOUR OFFENSE LINEMEN TO BLOCK ONLINE   Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:33 pm

alc wrote:
I AM HAVING A MAJOR PROBLEM ONLINE AND IN A LEAGUE I AM UNABLE TO GENARATE A RUNNING GAME AND MY PASS BLOCKING SUCKS. HOW CAN YOU GET YOUR OFFENSE LINEMAN AND WIDEOUTS TO BLOCK AND HOLD UP THE DEFENSE PRESSURE AND TURN THEM IN ANOTHER DIRECTION. YES IM NEW TO ONLINE PLAY AND I REALLY NEED HELP THANKS ALC

Here is a little something to help your run game - CREDITS TO DRAGONSOUL FROM MADDENTIPS i repeat i did not do this i copy and pasted it cause i thought this would be of help. Once you get your run game going work with the play action and hit them down field for nice chunks of yardage.

This breakdown in slide protection works for most things, this information is not based on actual specific plays or formations, but just running running plays.

When i run a draw play or run up the gut I block up or slide protect depending on the situation. If i slide protect up it pushes the lineman up to the 2nd level, for that needed yard or two, but you can also slide protect as needed if you want to take a risk, or feel comfortable doing so, and you can either get a good chunk of yards, break it long or just get what you need in terms of that down and distance.

The secret is, whoever the guy is closest to the Center doesn't matter if its a 3-4 or 4-3 you block to his side, whether your running at him or away from him. Same for counters, stretch or toss plays.

Also it helps if you practice it, because eventually you will have enough experience to see how the blocks are developing/breaking before the hole is even fully developed, and then react to them.

It also depends on your line and the team your going against. You can get beat at POT but it usually wont happen much unless its an over load or a top defensive lineman vs a sub par line. Believe it or not you can also run vs a stacked box again depending on the situation.

For the 1/2 DT set you can block straight up, or again work with the slide protection.

Vs 1 DT for the slide protection if he is off center do the same as above , there is some leeway so to say. Meaning if there is a 1-5-5 and evenly set on the field you can follow the above advice, if the guys are more so outside the defensive ends then you want to protect going to the heavier side, but if the 1 side is the lighter side again use the above advice & shift your line towards the dt.

Vs 2 DT you can again block straight up or slide protect. Usually if in their 2dt set the middle is open i will set it up to block straight up, or slide protect to Depending on the other 9 guys. It depends more so on this formation on the set up of the rest of the guys.

Say i want to run to the right between g/t or outside the tackle, i will not so much worry about the 2 DTs as i worry about the 2nd layer. If for example the numbers to the right side are even or favor me (man to man blocking) i will block the to the opposite side. Meaning i hit left trigger and hit the thumb stick to the left. If the right side is over loaded i will instead slide protect the line to their side. ( preferably just change the run to the other side less of a headache, the slide to the heavy side can work but obviously its a tougher go at it, so your are better of making it easier & flipping the play by jusy hitting the analog stick to the other side.)

So far its worked very well for me. The only issue is again based on if the defense is also crashing their line to 1 side or another. Example if I plan to run right and the closest dt is to the left i would normally block to the left, but if their defensive line is crashing to my side of the run, then you want to switch the slide protection to the right side.
[u][i][i]
Back to top Go down
View user profile

HOW DO YOU GET YOUR OFFENSE LINEMEN TO BLOCK ONLINE
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Madden Bible :: Madden NFL 2012 :: Online, League, and Offline Gameplay Form-
Jump to: