Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Share | 

No.2 Seed Tiebreakers Question?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
nathanas85

PostSubject: No.2 Seed Tiebreakers Question?   Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:42 pm

Me and another player are both 13-2, another guy is 12-3 but I beat this guy head to head and have a better conference record. Say I lose and he wins this week, we both end up 13-3(a tie for the no2 seed) and I have the better overall conference record and won the head to head match up. Does EA recognize the head to head match-up and conference record for the tie breaker?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spacab

PostSubject: Re: No.2 Seed Tiebreakers Question?   Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:44 pm

I believe EA uses the NFL tiebreaking procedure

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nathanas85

PostSubject: Re: No.2 Seed Tiebreakers Question?   Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:27 am

I read a few online message boards about the tiebreaker rules. Most say EA chooses alphabetical order over conference record or head to head. How dumb is that? Other gamers were stating and this per example: two teams finished 9-7, Browns and Steelers. The Steelers won the head to head match-ups and had a better conference record yet the Browns made the playoffs due to their team name is alphabetically ahead of the Steelers. Wow, if true, this is a major error committed by EA.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spacab

PostSubject: Re: No.2 Seed Tiebreakers Question?   Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:32 am

if that's true I should still make the playoffs over the Washington Redskins in FO league, but that's absolutely inexcusable and EA needs to get an ear-full for that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nathanas85

PostSubject: Re: No.2 Seed Tiebreakers Question?   Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:35 am

I'll let you know how it turns out for me but quite a few other gamers trickled down the same gripe. I am also currently simming a online season and hoping their is a tiebreaker to find the results.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spacab

PostSubject: Re: No.2 Seed Tiebreakers Question?   Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:38 am

I think my league advances tomorrow from Week 17 to Wild Card week, so I will post results ITT. According to NFL tiebreakers, I'm the 5th seed at 11-5. But 2 other WC contenders are 11-5, so who knows.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZFarls
Admin

PostSubject: Re: No.2 Seed Tiebreakers Question?   Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:13 am

I think we figured out it might just be alphabetical order which would suck. Hopefully EA didnt but it may just be that for tiebreaking.

"A customer is the most important visitor on our premises, he is not dependent on us. We are dependent on him. He is not an interruption in our work. He is the purpose of it. He is not an outsider in our business. He is part of it. We are not doing him a favor by serving him. He is doing us a favor by giving us an opportunity to do so"

www.maddenbible.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.maddenbible.com
spacab

PostSubject: Re: No.2 Seed Tiebreakers Question?   Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:53 pm

yeah, pretty much EA bullshitted us and was lazy. I understand it's a beta test game mode and all, but it is not hard at all to implement tiebreaker code...there are no excuses.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nathanas85

PostSubject: Re: No.2 Seed Tiebreakers Question?   Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:12 pm

Yep, I was 13-3 tied with another player for the no.2 seed. I beat him head to head and had a better conference record but he received the no.2 seed based on the alphabetical tiebreaker. Sure I am upset, now I have to play one more game I shouldn't need to due to EA's lackadaisical approach to follow one minute detail.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No.2 Seed Tiebreakers Question?   

Back to top Go down

No.2 Seed Tiebreakers Question?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Madden Bible :: Madden NFL 2012 :: Online, League, and Offline Gameplay Form-
Jump to: