Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

The little things...

Go down 
+2
ZFarls
yaKNOWmySTEEZ
6 posters
AuthorMessage
yaKNOWmySTEEZ

The little things... Empty
PostSubject: The little things...   The little things... EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 1:31 pm

What little things do you always keep in mind when playing that seem so subtle but can make a significant impact?

-When running the ball, waiting to pull RT until I'm in the open field.

-Letting the WR advance on up field on his own when a screen is called. (I control when he's finally turned north. Personally, it seems like when I control the player sooner, he makes unnecessary moves south, east or west and ends up getting caught by a defender)

-A field goal takes 4 seconds off the clock.

Especially the field goal....I called a timeout with 6 seconds left on the clock thinking I was slick and just going to kick a field goal FTW. I made it, leaving 2 seconds left on the clock. The guy I was playing had already taken one to the house with D-Jax. I kicked the worst squib of my life, he was able to lateral it to D-JAX, found a seem and sent me a "lol" message.

Sorry in advance if a thread like this has already been made and if I'm over stepping my boundaries creating a thread like this considering my noob status.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/people/Carlos-Sosa/11603174
ZFarls
Admin
ZFarls

PostSubject: Re: The little things...   The little things... EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 1:48 pm

No way man, these are actually huge factors! Would you believe that NFL coaches mess this stuff up all the time. Brad Childress blew it in the nfc championship game with calling a timeout with 12 seconds left. He has to be smarter than that.

I will think of some things, but ideally a well matched game of madden comes down to 2-3 plays every game and these small things REALLY make a difference. I really like waiting to turbo and that shows your NOT a noob because that takes great patience.

Also the screen thing is good, i had to practice forever to get my animations on point, otherwise they do run backwards!

Good post!
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: The little things...   The little things... EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 2:28 pm

Great post.

Little things I forget to do all the time.

Cover up on runs
Go out of bounds instead of trying to get extra yards
Going for a pick instead of swat
Hit stick instead of a square tackle
Not dumping to the flats and try to squeak in a big yard play
Back to top Go down
ZP3
Admin
ZP3

PostSubject: Re: The little things...   The little things... EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 4:06 pm

the going for a PIck and Going for the hit stick has been what ive been cleaning up on my game
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: The little things...   The little things... EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 4:40 pm

my things are:

-throwing pics...trying to squeeze a pass into the WR w/LBs or CBs nearby instead of waiting til he clears them
-not running out of bounds w/Rice to avoid the fumble...and...he gets hit and fumbles! smh.
-trying to throw really deep passes when Flacco's DAC rating is a 79% and he overthrows WIDE OPEN receivers or pics.
-using my favorite blitzes over and over instead of using "new" ones to throw my opponent off
-not always slide-protecting when i know i should and the QB gets sacked immediately!
-not taking the easy 3pt fg...cause my offense is killing every down....so i go for it on 4th and get shutdown! lol!

-Mili
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: The little things...   The little things... EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 4:49 pm

Omgggg that last one is SO me hahahahahaha
Back to top Go down
BURRITO BANDIDO

PostSubject: Re: The little things...   The little things... EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 10:14 pm

Swaying from my gameplan whenever I'm up big early. Ex. I run 3 straight tosses they all go for TD'S so of course I go 5 wide throwing into coverage the rest of the game. For some reason I layoff the gas to often....need to cure myself of this disease.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The little things...   The little things... Empty

Back to top Go down

The little things...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Madden Bible :: Madden NFL 2012 :: Madden NFL 2012 General-
Jump to: