Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Why do YOU play Madden?

Go down 
+4
wangtangkiki
ERZ
sgibs
Th3 Ac3r
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Th3 Ac3r

Th3 Ac3r

Why do YOU play Madden? Empty
PostSubject: Why do YOU play Madden?   Why do YOU play Madden? EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 3:32 pm

I was just thinking about why i love to play Madden so much.. I guess its just the thrill of out smarting your opponent and making big plays when it counts and the satisfaction of it.. Also making that bigger user play on defense, when you know whats coming and jump the route and get that big game changing pick.. These are just a few reasons why i love it so much, i was just wondering why all of you love it too
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: Why do YOU play Madden?   Why do YOU play Madden? EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 3:35 pm

I wrote this last year! Enjoy!

5 Reasons Why We Love Madden

There is no doubt about it that within each of us is the extreme motivation to be better then the next guy. No matter the situation it seems that we, as men, find a way to turn everything we do into a competition. Whether it be competing for the heart of a lady, playing for a championship, or just proving yourself to others, there is no doubt about it we seek competition.
Madden fulfills this innate need we all have. There is always a game to be played at all hours of the day. While we are at work we think about it, while we are out we think about it and even when we are with that special someone we think about it. I have caught myself countless times thinking about the first thing I am going to “lab” when I get home. It simply gets me through the day. The drive to be better then the next guy is what keeps us playing year after year.
Let’s not forget the one thing that all Madden players have in common. We are ALL the best Madden gamer that we know!

What’s better then slicing open a freshly sealed newly released Madden? Other then Kim Kardashian, not much. The anticipation and the excitement of preparing for a “grueling” Madden season is like none other. There is almost more entertainment in awaiting and visualizing your new scheme then actually playing the game. The game is always evolving every time you turn on the green lights. The strategy that goes into each and every game is endless. The ability to create and re-create your own plays by implementing hot routes gives us more ways to attack our opponent then almost any other video game. Unfortunately, Madden 09 has lost some of that wind in its sails with the FB dive and rocket catch exploits. There IS light at the end of the tunnel, Madden 2010 comes out in a measly 100 some odd days.

We are ALL the best Madden player that we know, at least in our own minds. Have you ever heard anyone ever tell you that no matter what you do there will always be someone better. There can’t be a more true statement to describe the Madden Community. There really IS someone always better.
When you’re in the lab and for the first time and just found the 3-3-5 Monster Blitz, someone has already found Nickel Strong Man and when you found the Nickel Normal Fire blitz, someone has already found the Quarters 3 Deep DB Contain. There is always someone a step ahead of you in Madden. That’s what keeps us motivated to spend countless hours, sleepless nights, and dazed and confused 9 to 5’s. Madden becomes a lifestyle once you become immersed into it. It becomes who you are and your success on the virtual gridiron is a direct reflection of your dedication and drive to be a successful person.
Take this into consideration the next time you find the HB direct snap glitch because someone has already started QB walking up the field.

What good would any career, job, or aspiration be if there was no form of monetary compensation in return? Madden isn’t just a video game any longer. It is 100% turning into a way of life. Whether it be Madden Nation, the Madden Challenge, local tournaments (Harrisburg, KOTC, Players Bowl etc) or games on Bring it and Gamersaloon, there is money to be made. Winning Madden Nation alone would fatten up your pockets with a cool $100,000. All for being good at a video game. Some say that being a professional athlete is the best job in the world. You get paid freakish amounts of money, you do what you love, and you’re in the public spotlight. The same can be said for Madden Gamers alike. The is a reason guys like Problem, Big Gene, Young Neph, Fool, Shayan, RG, etc are household names in the Madden Community. They ARE our professionals of our chosen field. There is one big difference between a professional video game player and a professional athlete. That difference is that each and every single one of us has the potential to become great. We don’t have to have god like athletic ability, we don’t even have to have any athletic ability! We control our own destiny in Madden. If the time is spent, we can all be great.

There is no doubt about it when watching games on Sundays in the Fall we all become victim of yelling, “How did Rodney Harrison just catch Ted Gin, he is only 86 speed.” Madden terminology has slowly been creeping into my every day life. Whether I find my self in the gym has having 86 strength or by describing a girl as having 97 elusiveness I find myself using Madden ratings in everyday life. Madden ratings may be one of the most excruciating and frustrating detail for game developers such as Ian Cummings. No one will ever be completely pleased with the ratings. We are all homers for our home town teams and get pissed when we see that Wes Welker only has 94 speed. When the ratings get announced each year they get major buzz from the community and is the first tell that the new Madden release is just around the corner.

I’m excited for Madden 2010 and with the complete attention to detail that the EA team is putting forth towards this years release I expect drastic improvements in the game. I have put full faith towards them in that this WILL be the best Madden of all time.

p.s.

Sgibs7 ratings- 6’2 height- 68 THP- 55 THA- 56 strength -80 catch – 28 elusiveness – 57 jump

What are some of your ratings?
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
ERZ
Admin
ERZ

PostSubject: Re: Why do YOU play Madden?   Why do YOU play Madden? EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 3:37 pm

The question is why the heck why wouldnt you play madden lol.....
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: Why do YOU play Madden?   Why do YOU play Madden? EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 3:37 pm

I love playing Madden because I love football. I love video games. I love shutting someone out. I loveeeeee outsmarting my opponent for sureeee.

wangtangkiki 5'11 3/4s OVR 99, SPD 75, CTH 85 ELU 50 CIT 85 AWR 100 LOL 0.
Back to top Go down
Th3 Ac3r

Th3 Ac3r

PostSubject: Re: Why do YOU play Madden?   Why do YOU play Madden? EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 3:41 pm

Haha jesus gibs just wrote an essay on me
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: Why do YOU play Madden?   Why do YOU play Madden? EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 3:51 pm

i play madden for a few reasons. they are:

1. i have been playing video games ever since they were invented. yeah i am that old! lol!
2. i love playing as my favorite team in the game
3. relaxation (i am not trying to be the king of the madden world on the tournie scene)

~Mili

Last edited by Militant X 1 on Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: Why do YOU play Madden?   Why do YOU play Madden? EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 3:52 pm

We got tips...we got a tv show...we even have scholarly articles!

MB 4 LIFE!
Back to top Go down
shane_rlly2

shane_rlly2

PostSubject: Re: Why do YOU play Madden?   Why do YOU play Madden? EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 4:54 pm

i love football and starting playing madden because I could play with my favorite team on a video game and the older the more realistic the game got I get just as into the game as if im watching my real life team on televison

who doesnt get pumped when you lay that big hit stick or come down with the crucial interception!
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: Why do YOU play Madden?   Why do YOU play Madden? EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 5:01 pm

That pick last night FELT SO GOOD. Ahhhhhh yeeee
Back to top Go down
Th3 Ac3r

Th3 Ac3r

PostSubject: Re: Why do YOU play Madden?   Why do YOU play Madden? EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 5:09 pm

sgibs7 wrote:
That pick last night FELT SO GOOD. Ahhhhhh yeeee

Yea when i get a big user pick and jump the route and everything i scream so loud haha
Back to top Go down
spacab

spacab

PostSubject: Re: Why do YOU play Madden?   Why do YOU play Madden? EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 6:14 pm

to try and use my understanding of football strategy concepts and apply them to the game to see how much I know, and from there to improve upon that understanding.

for competition.

and for my love of strategy. I approach call of duty, poker, chess, madden, NHL, and a lot of other things with the same mindset.
Back to top Go down
VisorMan

PostSubject: Re: Why do YOU play Madden?   Why do YOU play Madden? EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 1:04 pm

I play Madden after watching on ESPN Madden Nation.. It got me fired up when I watched that show in 1997 then started playing Madden after that since! I only play Madden. Thats it! My son plays other sports games but not me.. My rule is I only play Madden because that is the best sports video game ever in my opinion!!!
Back to top Go down
VisorMan

PostSubject: Re: Why do YOU play Madden?   Why do YOU play Madden? EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 1:06 pm

sgibs7 wrote:
I wrote this last year! Enjoy!

5 Reasons Why We Love Madden

There is no doubt about it that within each of us is the extreme motivation to be better then the next guy. No matter the situation it seems that we, as men, find a way to turn everything we do into a competition. Whether it be competing for the heart of a lady, playing for a championship, or just proving yourself to others, there is no doubt about it we seek competition.
Madden fulfills this innate need we all have. There is always a game to be played at all hours of the day. While we are at work we think about it, while we are out we think about it and even when we are with that special someone we think about it. I have caught myself countless times thinking about the first thing I am going to “lab” when I get home. It simply gets me through the day. The drive to be better then the next guy is what keeps us playing year after year.
Let’s not forget the one thing that all Madden players have in common. We are ALL the best Madden gamer that we know!

What’s better then slicing open a freshly sealed newly released Madden? Other then Kim Kardashian, not much. The anticipation and the excitement of preparing for a “grueling” Madden season is like none other. There is almost more entertainment in awaiting and visualizing your new scheme then actually playing the game. The game is always evolving every time you turn on the green lights. The strategy that goes into each and every game is endless. The ability to create and re-create your own plays by implementing hot routes gives us more ways to attack our opponent then almost any other video game. Unfortunately, Madden 09 has lost some of that wind in its sails with the FB dive and rocket catch exploits. There IS light at the end of the tunnel, Madden 2010 comes out in a measly 100 some odd days.

We are ALL the best Madden player that we know, at least in our own minds. Have you ever heard anyone ever tell you that no matter what you do there will always be someone better. There can’t be a more true statement to describe the Madden Community. There really IS someone always better.
When you’re in the lab and for the first time and just found the 3-3-5 Monster Blitz, someone has already found Nickel Strong Man and when you found the Nickel Normal Fire blitz, someone has already found the Quarters 3 Deep DB Contain. There is always someone a step ahead of you in Madden. That’s what keeps us motivated to spend countless hours, sleepless nights, and dazed and confused 9 to 5’s. Madden becomes a lifestyle once you become immersed into it. It becomes who you are and your success on the virtual gridiron is a direct reflection of your dedication and drive to be a successful person.
Take this into consideration the next time you find the HB direct snap glitch because someone has already started QB walking up the field.

What good would any career, job, or aspiration be if there was no form of monetary compensation in return? Madden isn’t just a video game any longer. It is 100% turning into a way of life. Whether it be Madden Nation, the Madden Challenge, local tournaments (Harrisburg, KOTC, Players Bowl etc) or games on Bring it and Gamersaloon, there is money to be made. Winning Madden Nation alone would fatten up your pockets with a cool $100,000. All for being good at a video game. Some say that being a professional athlete is the best job in the world. You get paid freakish amounts of money, you do what you love, and you’re in the public spotlight. The same can be said for Madden Gamers alike. The is a reason guys like Problem, Big Gene, Young Neph, Fool, Shayan, RG, etc are household names in the Madden Community. They ARE our professionals of our chosen field. There is one big difference between a professional video game player and a professional athlete. That difference is that each and every single one of us has the potential to become great. We don’t have to have god like athletic ability, we don’t even have to have any athletic ability! We control our own destiny in Madden. If the time is spent, we can all be great.

There is no doubt about it when watching games on Sundays in the Fall we all become victim of yelling, “How did Rodney Harrison just catch Ted Gin, he is only 86 speed.” Madden terminology has slowly been creeping into my every day life. Whether I find my self in the gym has having 86 strength or by describing a girl as having 97 elusiveness I find myself using Madden ratings in everyday life. Madden ratings may be one of the most excruciating and frustrating detail for game developers such as Ian Cummings. No one will ever be completely pleased with the ratings. We are all homers for our home town teams and get pissed when we see that Wes Welker only has 94 speed. When the ratings get announced each year they get major buzz from the community and is the first tell that the new Madden release is just around the corner.

I’m excited for Madden 2010 and with the complete attention to detail that the EA team is putting forth towards this years release I expect drastic improvements in the game. I have put full faith towards them in that this WILL be the best Madden of all time.

p.s.

Sgibs7 ratings- 6’2 height- 68 THP- 55 THA- 56 strength -80 catch – 28 elusiveness – 57 jump

What are some of your ratings?

Man I need time to read this.. Will read it later tonight!! Just busy trying to bet some hoop games to get some extra cash today LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why do YOU play Madden?   Why do YOU play Madden? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why do YOU play Madden?
Page 1 of 1