Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Offense Line and Defensive Line Ratings

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

Offense Line and Defensive Line Ratings Empty
PostSubject: Offense Line and Defensive Line Ratings   Offense Line and Defensive Line Ratings EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 4:52 pm

These jerks muted my video because it had those shitty Madden songs in it. I'll just turn them off for now.

lol... If you change the quality from 360 to 480 or 720.. you'll hear the sound. (Only with embedded)

Not anymore.. I guess it was just because I've viewed the video before it was muted and it was saved in my cache.

Last edited by wangtangkiki on Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Th3 Ac3r

Th3 Ac3r

PostSubject: Re: Offense Line and Defensive Line Ratings   Offense Line and Defensive Line Ratings EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 5:41 pm

Gibs did a piece on this on one of the TWIM's, and yes they do matter
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: Offense Line and Defensive Line Ratings   Offense Line and Defensive Line Ratings EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 5:58 pm

Th3 Ac3r wrote:

No.. they did a piece that made the offensive lines SPEED 99.. that's never going to happen. I'm not saying anything bad about it, but all they did was make every rating 99.. speed/accel will obviously make the offensive line get in front of the DL faster.. they'll be able to recover.

How many 99 speed OL are there? None.
Also, I want to see the difference in 99 speed 99 Run/Pass Block Strength and Footwork.. then 99 speed 12 Run/Pass Block Strength and Footwork......

There will be no difference because Run/Pass block strength/footwork doesn't work.

You can't time plays either.. the only thing you can do is look at each individual lineman to see how they did. Sometimes a lineman will get beat on one move.. sometimes a great DL will get stopped by a OL ... good or bad.. so you shouldn't time it because it's all random anyway.. but if a 12 rated OL can block a Pro Bowl .. Hall Of Fame Defensive line, then how are the ratings for OL realistic?

If they did work, how the hell did the 12 OVR.. 7-10 Pass/Run block Strength / Footwork offensive line hold up against the Hall Of Fame line? Because the ratings don't matter. I didn't even cut stuff out.. I just made the loading parts faster, and I had to speed up the instant replay because it wouldn't fit into a 10 minute video. Also, if you don't believe it, try it out yourself.
All-Madden- Ratings do not work.

Also that was a ridiculous thing to say without even saying why they matter. It seems like you just ignored the video and said that =/.
Obviously if a offensive lineman had 99 speed he'd be able to get to a place faster than the DL.. which means he'd be able to block a DL where a slow o-lineman couldn't.
Back to top Go down
Th3 Ac3r

Th3 Ac3r

PostSubject: Re: Offense Line and Defensive Line Ratings   Offense Line and Defensive Line Ratings EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 6:22 pm

wangtangkiki wrote:
Th3 Ac3r wrote:

No.. they did a piece that made the offensive lines SPEED 99.. that's never going to happen. I'm not saying anything bad about it, but all they did was make every rating 99.. speed/accel will obviously make the offensive line get in front of the DL faster.. they'll be able to recover.

How many 99 speed OL are there? None.
Also, I want to see the difference in 99 speed 99 Run/Pass Block Strength and Footwork.. then 99 speed 12 Run/Pass Block Strength and Footwork......

There will be no difference because Run/Pass block strength/footwork doesn't work.

You can't time plays either.. the only thing you can do is look at each individual lineman to see how they did. Sometimes a lineman will get beat on one move.. sometimes a great DL will get stopped by a OL ... good or bad.. so you shouldn't time it because it's all random anyway.. but if a 12 rated OL can block a Pro Bowl .. Hall Of Fame Defensive line, then how are the ratings for OL realistic?

If they did work, how the hell did the 12 OVR.. 7-10 Pass/Run block Strength / Footwork offensive line hold up against the Hall Of Fame line? Because the ratings don't matter. I didn't even cut stuff out.. I just made the loading parts faster, and I had to speed up the instant replay because it wouldn't fit into a 10 minute video. Also, if you don't believe it, try it out yourself.
All-Madden- Ratings do not work.

Also that was a ridiculous thing to say without even saying why they matter. It seems like you just ignored the video and said that =/.
Obviously if a offensive lineman had 99 speed he'd be able to get to a place faster than the DL.. which means he'd be able to block a DL where a slow o-lineman couldn't.

I was just stating that they did a piece on it and i remember when they changed the ratings it did matter.. Your going on a huge rant about it
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: Offense Line and Defensive Line Ratings   Offense Line and Defensive Line Ratings EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 6:24 pm

I actually just re-watched the video about the offensive lineman ratings. I kinda proves my point.

They have Nick Kaczur at RT for the Monster 3 blitz. He has 99 speed + all 99s in all ratings for offensive lineman. He is able to recover because he has 99 speed.

Now on the next play with the same blitz, they put a backup lineman #64. He's not able to recover.

Faster lineman = better.. That's the only rating I believe matters, but with the fastest lineman being 75 or something.. I'm not sure if it matters. I'll try Joe Thomas.. I think he's the fastest OL.. but I'll test that.. See if Joe Thomas' speed of 78 or so is better than a lineman with 65 speed. If he'll be able to recover. I doubt it will but speed for lineman will help at some point if they don't have to recover VERY far.. if it's just a yard they have to recover.. they'll be able to make that up.

I'm going on a "rant" because you say they do matter whenever I provide a video of fact that shows that they don't matter. You could at least watch the video and say why you don't believe it. Instead of saying "I'm ignoring the video because I've already formed an opinion".

lol and that "rant" was me explaining how the video didn't show that the true offensive lineman ratings like Pass Block Strength, do OR don't work. It showed speed worked..
Back to top Go down
Th3 Ac3r

Th3 Ac3r

PostSubject: Re: Offense Line and Defensive Line Ratings   Offense Line and Defensive Line Ratings EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 2:18 pm

wangtangkiki wrote:
I actually just re-watched the video about the offensive lineman ratings. I kinda proves my point.

They have Nick Kaczur at RT for the Monster 3 blitz. He has 99 speed + all 99s in all ratings for offensive lineman. He is able to recover because he has 99 speed.

Now on the next play with the same blitz, they put a backup lineman #64. He's not able to recover.

Faster lineman = better.. That's the only rating I believe matters, but with the fastest lineman being 75 or something.. I'm not sure if it matters. I'll try Joe Thomas.. I think he's the fastest OL.. but I'll test that.. See if Joe Thomas' speed of 78 or so is better than a lineman with 65 speed. If he'll be able to recover. I doubt it will but speed for lineman will help at some point if they don't have to recover VERY far.. if it's just a yard they have to recover.. they'll be able to make that up.

I'm going on a "rant" because you say they do matter whenever I provide a video of fact that shows that they don't matter. You could at least watch the video and say why you don't believe it. Instead of saying "I'm ignoring the video because I've already formed an opinion".

lol and that "rant" was me explaining how the video didn't show that the true offensive lineman ratings like Pass Block Strength, do OR don't work. It showed speed worked..

I did not form an opinion, i saw proof by watching the TWIM episode.. I dont care if he did have 99 speed, point is is that he recovered and the other guy didnt, clearly showing that they matter.. Now you may go on another rant
Back to top Go down
finfever

finfever

PostSubject: Re: Offense Line and Defensive Line Ratings   Offense Line and Defensive Line Ratings EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 3:58 pm

the acer is a clown man. kid you have no idea what the word rant even means. quick being disrespectful to WTK. he is totally making sense of what he is explaining. when they did the segment of twim, they made every rating 99 INCLUDING SPEED.

what WTK is saying is that speed is the only thing that matters. so those linemen having 99 speed of course they recovered. quick being childish acer. not how we did it here man.

Now that thats out of the way, WTK you should make a video and edit 5 olinemen's stats to the lowest they can go. so like run block and pass block and footwork and strength and awareness are all as low as they can go. make sure you get every attribute that would affect it tho, but just RBS, RBF, PBS, PBF. you gotta get the other ones too like regular strength etc. Then make there speed and accel 99. do a video like that and if they can block then the ratings are screwed up which i think they are
Back to top Go down
Th3 Ac3r

Th3 Ac3r

PostSubject: Re: Offense Line and Defensive Line Ratings   Offense Line and Defensive Line Ratings EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 4:06 pm

finfever wrote:
the acer is a clown man. kid you have no idea what the word rant even means. quick being disrespectful to WTK. he is totally making sense of what he is explaining. when they did the segment of twim, they made every rating 99 INCLUDING SPEED.

what WTK is saying is that speed is the only thing that matters. so those linemen having 99 speed of course they recovered. quick being childish acer. not how we did it here man.

Now that thats out of the way, WTK you should make a video and edit 5 olinemen's stats to the lowest they can go. so like run block and pass block and footwork and strength and awareness are all as low as they can go. make sure you get every attribute that would affect it tho, but just RBS, RBF, PBS, PBF. you gotta get the other ones too like regular strength etc. Then make there speed and accel 99. do a video like that and if they can block then the ratings are screwed up which i think they are

I was just saying that when i watched the TWIM episode, they did matter.. Im not being childish, im just voicing what i thought.. I didnt try to disrespect wangtang, i was just pointing something out.. I never said they didnt make the speed 99, i know they did that.. Dont tell me what words i do know and dont know, im sure i have a more advanced vocabulary than you.. Once again, this is a forum, where people are aloud to point stuff out, shocking fin? Now get off it
Back to top Go down
randers

randers

PostSubject: Re: Offense Line and Defensive Line Ratings   Offense Line and Defensive Line Ratings EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 4:23 pm

Th3 Ac3r wrote:
Dont tell me what words i do know and dont know, im sure i have a more advanced vocabulary than you.. Once again, this is a forum, where people are aloud to point stuff out, shocking fin? Now get off it
Tho
Back to top Go down
Th3 Ac3r

Th3 Ac3r

PostSubject: Re: Offense Line and Defensive Line Ratings   Offense Line and Defensive Line Ratings EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 5:13 pm

randers wrote:
Th3 Ac3r wrote:
Dont tell me what words i do know and dont know, im sure i have a more advanced vocabulary than you.. Once again, this is a forum, where people are aloud to point stuff out, shocking fin? Now get off it
Tho

Im sorry i must use perfect grammar when talking on a computer.. Allowed, better?
Back to top Go down
ZFarls
Admin
ZFarls

PostSubject: Re: Offense Line and Defensive Line Ratings   Offense Line and Defensive Line Ratings EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 5:36 pm

Lets continue to be a better forum for discussion, not a ticky tack name calling forum. Make a point and back it up, hear a rebuttal and form your own conclusion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Offense Line and Defensive Line Ratings   Offense Line and Defensive Line Ratings Empty

Back to top Go down

Offense Line and Defensive Line Ratings
Page 1 of 1