Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Need help with 4-4 Setups following leagues rules

Go down 
+3
Stock1528
wangtangkiki
conigs55
7 posters
AuthorMessage
conigs55

Need help with 4-4 Setups following leagues rules Empty
PostSubject: Need help with 4-4 Setups following leagues rules   Need help with 4-4 Setups following leagues rules EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 8:19 am

I play in a league where the rule on defense is you can only move 1 player on d before the snap and you must remain in control of that person until after the snap. I bought the 4-4 book and its good stuff but I cant do most of the setups only moving 1 player. Anyone have any ideas how to make this work?
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: Need help with 4-4 Setups following leagues rules   Need help with 4-4 Setups following leagues rules EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 8:36 am

Yeah.. don't play in a sim league because most of these plays are nano which they don't allow because apparently an overload blitz doesn't ever occur in the NFL, or the line is never able to adjust it's protection in the NFL.. you know like that feature that lets you slide protect? That's very useful againts nanos but "sim" players don't know any better.

or Smile

You could use setups #2 and #3 for the Cover 1 play..
Just don't put the two MLBs in the A-gap. You won't have to move anyone, just the FS you are usering.
Back to top Go down
conigs55

PostSubject: Re: Need help with 4-4 Setups following leagues rules   Need help with 4-4 Setups following leagues rules EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 10:28 am

yeah thats What Ive been working with so far, or I would move take the mlb on the weak side and move him into the strong side A gap and turbo blitz him and let the cpu blitz the other mlb so I act as his lead blocker, its not bad but even if the rule was move 1 person with out the forcing me to control him and i could user the second mlb it would be better
Back to top Go down
Stock1528

PostSubject: Re: Need help with 4-4 Setups following leagues rules   Need help with 4-4 Setups following leagues rules EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 2:30 pm

Boooo to sim leagues!
Back to top Go down
conigs55

PostSubject: Re: Need help with 4-4 Setups following leagues rules   Need help with 4-4 Setups following leagues rules EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 7:06 pm

lol yes booo to sim leagues, but since Im still in one and want to win it, Id love any and all suggestions into making this d work
Back to top Go down
Th3 Ac3r

Th3 Ac3r

PostSubject: Re: Need help with 4-4 Setups following leagues rules   Need help with 4-4 Setups following leagues rules EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 8:50 pm

How about this..

You thrash the hell out of the first guy you play..

Then they kick you out..

So you could say they kicked you out because they were scared of you
Back to top Go down
secondhandsoxx

secondhandsoxx

PostSubject: Re: Need help with 4-4 Setups following leagues rules   Need help with 4-4 Setups following leagues rules EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 9:01 pm

I'm not a fan of the rule either, since I use the same D as you!
Back to top Go down
conigs55

PostSubject: Re: Need help with 4-4 Setups following leagues rules   Need help with 4-4 Setups following leagues rules EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 1:39 am

lol actually Ac3r its funny you said that cause I did just beat the commish of the league, and he complained about how unrealistic it is when i use the hb slip screen out of gun split slot and immediatly roll out and hit the flat guy, so im sure hes already thinking about wanting to boot me ... but were in week 16 all i need to do is win 6 more ...

so does anyone have some 4-4 set ups i could use effectively while only moving 1 player?

I mean any d hot routes, assignment changes, and really it just has to be effective at stopping the run and flat passes mostly. Looking ahead at my opponents in playoffs Im going to get 1 guy thats going to run power runs with steven jackson and a jackson rookie look alike, mixed up with a PA te blue route flat, and some fb flats, 1 guy will use west coast and far tight twins pitch all day, and finally a new england player who runs the slot screen all day ... so even if you have no 4-4 idea but have ideas on stopping this junk it'll all be helpful
Back to top Go down
lockdown100

PostSubject: Re: Need help with 4-4 Setups following leagues rules   Need help with 4-4 Setups following leagues rules EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 1:52 am

conigs55 wrote:
lol actually Ac3r its funny you said that cause I did just beat the commish of the league, and he complained about how unrealistic it is when i use the hb slip screen out of gun split slot and immediatly roll out and hit the flat guy, so im sure hes already thinking about wanting to boot me ... but were in week 16 all i need to do is win 6 more ...

so does anyone have some 4-4 set ups i could use effectively while only moving 1 player?

I mean any d hot routes, assignment changes, and really it just has to be effective at stopping the run and flat passes mostly. Looking ahead at my opponents in playoffs Im going to get 1 guy thats going to run power runs with steven jackson and a jackson rookie look alike, mixed up with a PA te blue route flat, and some fb flats, 1 guy will use west coast and far tight twins pitch all day, and finally a new england player who runs the slot screen all day ... so even if you have no 4-4 idea but have ideas on stopping this junk it'll all be helpful

I haven't paid attention but in the nick odd split you move the left blitzing middle line backer into the gap the other one will move up on his own. Play around with that. you should be able to make this work because only two people are moved see if the default blitzing one will move on his own.
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: Need help with 4-4 Setups following leagues rules   Need help with 4-4 Setups following leagues rules EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 2:22 am

That's exactly why I don't play in sim leagues.
Anything that beats someone is "unrealistic."
After that, they make up rules as they go.. oh I have no way to defend a toss? It's banned.
I would have won if that guy didn't do a screen when he was up by a TD.. BANNED.
He scrambled with his QB and got a TD. BANNED.
Back to top Go down
jordanl95

jordanl95

PostSubject: Re: Need help with 4-4 Setups following leagues rules   Need help with 4-4 Setups following leagues rules EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 6:29 pm

wangtangkiki wrote:
That's exactly why I don't play in sim leagues.
Anything that beats someone is "unrealistic."
After that, they make up rules as they go.. oh I have no way to defend a toss? It's banned.
I would have won if that guy didn't do a screen when he was up by a TD.. BANNED.
He scrambled with his QB and got a TD. BANNED.

Lol yea, I was looking for a league to join a few months ago and i remember reading the rules for one of the leauges that had rules like "You can not sack the Qb unless he roles out of the pocket" "You can only blitz when the offense has 2 backs in the backfield" "Screen passes are only aloud on 3rd downs" And i just laughed my ### off.
Back to top Go down
jordanl95

jordanl95

PostSubject: Re: Need help with 4-4 Setups following leagues rules   Need help with 4-4 Setups following leagues rules EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 8:33 pm

lockdown100 wrote:
conigs55 wrote:

I haven't paid attention but in the nick odd split you move the left blitzing middle line backer into the gap the other one will move up on his own. Play around with that. you should be able to make this work because only two people are moved see if the default blitzing one will move on his own.

Yea with the 4-4 when you show blitz one of the LB's move up and if you move the other LB then you have a nice A gap blitz and u can go from there i guess.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help with 4-4 Setups following leagues rules   Need help with 4-4 Setups following leagues rules Empty

Back to top Go down

Need help with 4-4 Setups following leagues rules
Page 1 of 1