Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

playing in tourneys

Go down 
+7
mdolla
Militant X 1
ZFarls
xHHx_JayNizz
wangtangkiki
xHHx_RAMFESTIVAL
Tyler1281
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Tyler1281

Tyler1281

playing in tourneys Empty
PostSubject: playing in tourneys   playing in tourneys EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 3:42 pm

To guys like mili, colonel, and wangtang, i need your help with something.. im always beating high level guys on live like 35s, 31s,etc and i think im pretty good at madden but i dont know if i have what it takes to play in big tourneys with great players.. and i know you guys are pretty big madden players and play in some tournements, so i was wondering if one of you guys wanna get a game in and lab or something and you could tell me if i have what it takes to play in big tourneys or tell me some of my weaknesses and stuff

I have 360 and my gt is Ty1281
Back to top Go down
xHHx_RAMFESTIVAL

PostSubject: Re: playing in tourneys   playing in tourneys EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 12:25 am

dont psych yourself out they're are not running any thing you havent seen before but the
biggest thing i would say is you have to have your defensive audibles on point. online u
have the acc clock protecting from the other player being able to do multiple audibles and
motioning to catch your defense out of positon. so u need to be well versed in your audibles
without having to look at your playart and know you are doing the right thing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: playing in tourneys   playing in tourneys EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 2:09 am

I haven't played in a tournament yet, but I'm going to be at the next MLG in Texas. You definitely want to get used to your plays like Rams said.. You don't want to tip off your opponent by showing your play art. I like to spend a lot of time in practice mode to lab each formation.

For offense, I'll come up with plays that will works against man coverage.. There are a lot of plays like the one I'm about to describe and you definitely want to add one into your arsenal. I use this play from Y-Trips HB Wk that has my RB on a flat route to the weakside. If I motion my slot WR from the right side of the field to the left side of the field, it instantly makes my opponent's LB have to run 10 yds just to get to where my RB is pre-snap... It will work very well against man coverage.. It's almost unstoppable if you make the right reads + have a fast RB.. You want to have this in your bag for people that like to play regular man coverage.. You want to use the quick -motion snap RB slant routes too.. They cause instant separation which you need vs. man coverage. It's great because your opponent can call press or no press and it works either way..

You definitely want to have a lot of unbumpable routes too.. These are a must. I scored 2 TDs vs. good players in the EAFL by using a play from Singleback - Jumbo.. I only ran the play twice and I got a TD both times.. Unbumpables = TDs = wins

You always want to have bail out routes or check downs.. You know that when you throw it, you will gain yards.. You don't want to take a sack.. vs. Zone coverage, I love to use fade routes.. They are very easy to RC, and if your opponent doesn't have a purple zone.. you got a free 10 yds..

Look to use Snugs/Bunch formations.. Come up with route combos that will beat zone.. There are concepts like the Hi-Low read where you'll have a drag and a 10 yd Dig.. The 10 yd Dig will pull the yellow zone so the drag route will be open underneath.. There are a lot of things you can do to beat zone coverage and you'll want to study them because they will definitely translate to future Maddens.
Back to top Go down
xHHx_JayNizz

xHHx_JayNizz

PostSubject: Re: playing in tourneys   playing in tourneys EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 4:18 am

Tyler1281 wrote:
To guys like mili, colonel, and wangtang, i need your help with something.. im always beating high level guys on live like 35s, 31s,etc and i think im pretty good at madden but i dont know if i have what it takes to play in big tourneys with great players.. and i know you guys are pretty big madden players and play in some tournements, so i was wondering if one of you guys wanna get a game in and lab or something and you could tell me if i have what it takes to play in big tourneys or tell me some of my weaknesses and stuff

nothing against mili, colonel, or wangtang but the guy you wanna listen to here is Ram he has gone to some tourneys and he did very well at players bowl. One thing that i learned from playing top ballers is that the thing that seperated me the most wasnt my offensive or Defensive scheming and stick work, it was mostly clock management. Clock management alone can win you ball games.

Clock management + some stick work = a chance to beat anyone.
Back to top Go down
ZFarls
Admin
ZFarls

PostSubject: Re: playing in tourneys   playing in tourneys EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 8:18 am

Clock Management

DEFENSE

Sticking to your gameplan

Not pooping your pants in the big moment.

I always get nervous no matter what, your "next game" is always against "madden baller x" who is "soo good" and does "this, this and this, well".

They are all human and maybe just as scared to play you. Confidence is important and youll get more with each event. They are alot of fun though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
Tyler1281

Tyler1281

PostSubject: Re: playing in tourneys   playing in tourneys EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 9:58 am

thanks for all the good advice guys im gonna take this in mind and hopefully it will make me better
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: playing in tourneys   playing in tourneys EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 10:01 am

JayNizz wrote:
Tyler1281 wrote:

nothing against mili, colonel, or wangtang but the guy you wanna listen to here is Ram he has gone to some tourneys and he did very well at players bowl. One thing that i learned from playing top ballers is that the thing that seperated me the most wasnt my offensive or Defensive scheming and stick work, it was mostly clock management. Clock management alone can win you ball games.

Clock management + some stick work = a chance to beat anyone.

no offense taken Nizz! i agree and was going to say the same thing.

Ram is the one to speak to and a few other cats here inreference to the tournie scene and play. Ram mentioned some great things in his post. while i have a few tournie friends here and on my friends list that have helped improve my gameplay online, i haven't personally played in tournies with the exception of the EAFL. so, Ram and a few other cats will have all the info you need Tyler.

~Mili
Back to top Go down
Tyler1281

Tyler1281

PostSubject: Re: playing in tourneys   playing in tourneys EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 11:36 am

thanks mili and everyone else i appreciate alot
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: playing in tourneys   playing in tourneys EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 9:01 pm

I'm very offended. lol jk Smile

Clock Management isn't very difficult. I'm guessing it could be in the moment, but I've never had a problem with it. Don't be the guy that accidentally lets the clock run out when you start with the ball with 1:30 seconds left in the 2nd Q.. People do this a lot online and it's funny.. They are very stupid.

Clock Management is very difficult in the 4th Q though.. You should be prepared to get a 1st down to end the game. I messed up a few times and it lost me games.

I would honestly recommend that once you pick up the first down and your opponent only has 2 timeouts left.. to immediately run out of bounds.. I went for it on 4th down with 2 yds to go.. I ran with Josh Johnson for a 1st down and once I passed the 1st down marker, I got a holding penalty counted against me and it was now 4th and 12. I had to punt.. my D couldn't stop Miles Austin [ I had the Buccs]. He just ran passed my CBs and it was over..

Hold onto the ball.. DO NOT juke if you have the first down.. you definitely don't want to fumble.
Back to top Go down
Tyler1281

Tyler1281

PostSubject: Re: playing in tourneys   playing in tourneys EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 9:35 pm

yeah im really really good with clock management... my 2 minute/hurry up offense is sick and rarely can be stopped... so thats not one my problems... my main problem is in big games i pysch myself out way too much, i get too nervous and hyped up that it seems like i make stupid mistakes because of that and i cant think strait
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: playing in tourneys   playing in tourneys EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 11:33 pm

Tyler1281 wrote:
yeah im really really good with clock management... my 2 minute/hurry up offense is sick and rarely can be stopped... so thats not one my problems... my main problem is in big games i pysch myself out way too much, i get too nervous and hyped up that it seems like i make stupid mistakes because of that and i cant think strait

Heh.. You could always take xanax before you go to a tournament. I tried it once when I was playing in a ranked game.. [usually I get WAY too pissed when I have someone score against me.. even in ranked games] I took 2mg of alprazolem and I got to the point where I didn't even care if I lost lol.. I kinda over did it.. I would take .5 next time =P
Back to top Go down
xHHx_JayNizz

xHHx_JayNizz

PostSubject: Re: playing in tourneys   playing in tourneys EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 2:18 am

clock management just doesn't mean two minutes offense. good clock management is knowing when to take your time outs, when to run the ball and when to pass, knowing when to score early and also knowing when to not score. taking a knee (best play in the game).

it doesn't matter how many points you score the only thing that matters is getting the win.
Back to top Go down
mdolla

mdolla

PostSubject: Re: playing in tourneys   playing in tourneys EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 3:35 am

xHHx_RAMFESTIVAL wrote:
dont psych yourself out they're are not running any thing you havent seen before but the
biggest thing i would say is you have to have your defensive audibles on point. online u
have the acc clock protecting from the other player being able to do multiple audibles and
motioning to catch your defense out of positon. so u need to be well versed in your audibles
without having to look at your playart and know you are doing the right thing Very Happy
Good stuff for real Ram. Cant wait to meet up in NC. HH Baby!
Back to top Go down
WFColonel56

WFColonel56

PostSubject: Re: playing in tourneys   playing in tourneys EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 5:59 pm

as said clock management and turnovers are probably the most important things.
-------------------------------------------------
but someone also said stick to your gameplan, and that is big. But there has to be something in your head to tell you to switch it up when something isnt working.
You have to critic the situation, and if you are getting stopped see how u are getting stopped......

If you can move the ball but just a missed read or a fumble or something that is the USERS FAULT....STICK TO YOUR GAMEPLAN, becuz it is just yourself that is stopping you

But if u cnt move the ball at all and you are just locked up. and you are doing everything just how u practiced and you have no holes...you must switch it up, but give yourself time to see if you are truly locked or if it is just you messing yourself up (like 2 drives)

And when I say switch it up you must have different schemes, that must be defended differently

EX: singleback spread

this is a formation that you can have 2 different schemes a pass scheme and a overload run scheme...You can run 1 then the other or u can run a mix of both.....The thing is that you cant defend both the same way.

But if that dnt work out you would want to move to lets say a weak tight pair formation where it shows power run but you can run spread concepts from it

So in just those 2 formations you can have 4 completely different schemes that need to be defended 4 diff ways.
---------------------
Back to top Go down
http://www.wfcolonelswarroom.com
WFColonel56

WFColonel56

PostSubject: Re: playing in tourneys   playing in tourneys EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 6:07 pm

Tyler1281 wrote:

Think about it like this. You may be nervous because you are playing a better player (community wise) with a better and longer reputation. I say you have nothing to lose. You are SUPPOSED to lose and he is SUPPOSED to blow you out

But they have the better rep so all the pressure is on him.

Like when Chuck Hollywood lost to I think a 12 year old (im not sure)

Back to top Go down
http://www.wfcolonelswarroom.com
skiimask

PostSubject: Re: playing in tourneys   playing in tourneys EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 7:21 pm

ZFarls wrote:
Clock Management

DEFENSE

Sticking to your gameplan

Not pooping your pants in the big moment.

I always get nervous no matter what, your "next game" is always against "madden baller x" who is "soo good" and does "this, this and this, well".

They are all human and maybe just as scared to play you. Confidence is important and youll get more with each event. They are alot of fun though.

On point.

Now i just come into every tourney with the mantality that everyone sux that takes away a lot of that nervousness crap. works for me... now.
Back to top Go down
Tyler1281

Tyler1281

PostSubject: Re: playing in tourneys   playing in tourneys EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 8:13 pm

thanks everyone, it means alot
Back to top Go down
Mythlyrr

PostSubject: Re: playing in tourneys   playing in tourneys EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 2:44 pm

Practice with mc settings they killed me in my second year at the first city. Be sure your routes work on all madden. You may see some unfamiliar stuff just do what you do don't focus too much on that you have time to lab when you get home. Setting audibles and having them memorized is great advice. Oh yeah I could feel the controller shaking in my hand at my first two events.(you eventually don't) Playing online is good as long as some people you play know how to bring heat. Lastly good luck and have fun.
Back to top Go down
NePATS1283

PostSubject: I Have Experience   playing in tourneys EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 7:15 pm

Tyler when you go into tournements dont think about it too much it killed my madden carreer. I wish you luck i will see you in somerville

Danny
Back to top Go down
NePATS1283

PostSubject: Re: playing in tourneys   playing in tourneys EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 7:16 pm

Hi
Back to top Go down
Tyler1281

Tyler1281

PostSubject: Re: playing in tourneys   playing in tourneys EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 10:29 am

thanks man and everyone else ill see you there
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: playing in tourneys   playing in tourneys Empty

Back to top Go down

playing in tourneys
Page 1 of 1