Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Game of the Week "Illegal Double-Wide Defense"

Go down 
+5
ZFarls
Chillingly
stritzo
UseRPicK101
JoshMac28
9 posters
AuthorMessage
JoshMac28

Game of the Week "Illegal Double-Wide Defense" Empty
PostSubject: Game of the Week "Illegal Double-Wide Defense"   Game of the Week "Illegal Double-Wide Defense" EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 10:32 pm

I was watching the GOTW and they mentioned that the Double-wide defense is banned in most tournament formats. What is the double wide defense? I looked through a few PB's for Dime Double Wide, but couldn't find it. I found Double slot, but not double wide.

Back to top Go down
UseRPicK101

UseRPicK101

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week "Illegal Double-Wide Defense"   Game of the Week "Illegal Double-Wide Defense" EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 10:32 pm

its basically the 'no-assignment- blitz
Back to top Go down
stritzo

stritzo

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week "Illegal Double-Wide Defense"   Game of the Week "Illegal Double-Wide Defense" EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 7:40 am

it's in nickel
Back to top Go down
Chillingly

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week "Illegal Double-Wide Defense"   Game of the Week "Illegal Double-Wide Defense" EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 8:17 am

wasnt bannded at players bowl
Back to top Go down
ZFarls
Admin
ZFarls

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week "Illegal Double-Wide Defense"   Game of the Week "Illegal Double-Wide Defense" EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 8:39 am

Robe was not running this defense during the GOTW.

Every player in Madden has an assigment on the field. This d makes it so the player doesn't have a job on the field and he auto blitzes and it gets through. There are a few steps but its not condoned here at MB because when it gets patched, you will be in same place as QB spy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
SavageMac816

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week "Illegal Double-Wide Defense"   Game of the Week "Illegal Double-Wide Defense" EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 3:45 pm

this d was legal at the past 2 tourneys this weekend.
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week "Illegal Double-Wide Defense"   Game of the Week "Illegal Double-Wide Defense" EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 6:14 pm

The same thing occurs when you have someone in man coverage, then your opponent blocks a RB or TE.. the player has no assignment so they will either blitz or go into a spy.
Back to top Go down
robe983

robe983

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week "Illegal Double-Wide Defense"   Game of the Week "Illegal Double-Wide Defense" EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 6:45 pm

I definetly did not run it. I just have a few screamers out of the 34. Speaking of screamers... I suggest everyone on this forum try out the 44 after the patch... pretty scary stuff right there.
Back to top Go down
mikeyd0808

mikeyd0808

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week "Illegal Double-Wide Defense"   Game of the Week "Illegal Double-Wide Defense" EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 11:31 pm

34 solid has a no assignment in it its called double man i believe thats what it was
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mikeyd518
mikeyd0808

mikeyd0808

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week "Illegal Double-Wide Defense"   Game of the Week "Illegal Double-Wide Defense" EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 11:39 pm

against the no assignment blitzes are better picked up by not slide protecting at all
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week "Illegal Double-Wide Defense"   Game of the Week "Illegal Double-Wide Defense" EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 12:19 am

LOL Well every formation just about has a no-assignment glitch. He said he didn't. I believe him. I don't care to go back and look at the tape, but I don't think it was right for gibs to accuse him initially.
Back to top Go down
mikeyd0808

mikeyd0808

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week "Illegal Double-Wide Defense"   Game of the Week "Illegal Double-Wide Defense" EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 12:38 am

its completely legal because it is able to be countered. its very easy to dot and pick up. there is no reason why it should be banned or frowned apon
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week "Illegal Double-Wide Defense"   Game of the Week "Illegal Double-Wide Defense" EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 12:43 am

It's exactly the same as the QB Spy blitz, except it just requires you to move a player into a gap.. and one other simple step.. You can get a 3 man nano with 8 players in coverage.. I don't think it's the funnest of ways to play Madden.. oh well.. Ian knows about it now..

Btw, you are right.. There is a counter, but I prefer to not have to adjust my offense because of a glitch in the game that makes my lineman ignore the player.. It's probably better than the spy blitz because you can user anyone you want.. but only man coverage.

Back to top Go down
mikeyd0808

mikeyd0808

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week "Illegal Double-Wide Defense"   Game of the Week "Illegal Double-Wide Defense" EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 12:51 am

not nearly as glitchy as the spy glitch because of how e-z you can turbo rush with the spy, and how fast it can be set up. Plus with the no assignment blitz you cant call bump and run. Any type of quick motion will make this blitz not work. The no "assignment" was around last year too. flip trips all in all will make this not work. the qb spy when ran right there was no counter period. But all and all it should be patched, but is not nearly a glitch like the qb spy was
Back to top Go down
robe983

robe983

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week "Illegal Double-Wide Defense"   Game of the Week "Illegal Double-Wide Defense" EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 3:22 am

mikey. easy bud. I didn't run it. like I told farls... "thanks for the compliments on my blitz." it does pour in like a no assign doesn't it?... just screaaaaamin.
Back to top Go down
mikeyd0808

mikeyd0808

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week "Illegal Double-Wide Defense"   Game of the Week "Illegal Double-Wide Defense" EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 7:55 am

even if u did i would support it i think it is a good tactic
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week "Illegal Double-Wide Defense"   Game of the Week "Illegal Double-Wide Defense" Empty

Back to top Go down

Game of the Week "Illegal Double-Wide Defense"
Page 1 of 1