Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Snugs Flip - HB Draw defense

Go down 
+8
suicide-manual
abdaninja
maguffin82
ZAN
xHHx_megatron
eelyak
sgibs
wangtangkiki
12 posters
AuthorMessage
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

Snugs Flip - HB Draw defense Empty
PostSubject: Snugs Flip - HB Draw defense   Snugs Flip - HB Draw defense EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 6:20 am

Tell me what you guys think:

That's for just the draw..

Gibs helped me out by pointing me towards the formation because I was pissed off from losing to juego every time..
When myself & juego played, my pass D was good.. only gave up like 115 yds passing.. but I did give up over 200 yds rushing...
MJD had 20 carries for 190~ yds 1 TD.. I could not STOP the draw.. so I sat for about 2 hours labbing & this is what I have..

The pass D out of this formation looks identical.. The Pass D presses both WRs that are ON the LOS.. this gets the timing off for the slant out.. and allows more time for the pressure to get there.. We get "passive pressure" as Gibs likes to call it.. you blitz 2 or 3 players.. it's not an All out coverage D.. it's in between..

The pass D covers stick very well.. the CBs switch off.. plus we have a way to tip it / pick it every time with Dime Flat..

It doesn't confusing but it works Smile I've only been using all of this with the Titans D.. I really wish I had a fast secondary.. A faster secondary = helps so much with this play..
Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: Snugs Flip - HB Draw defense   Snugs Flip - HB Draw defense EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 11:40 am

that was a good lab sesh friday night lol

i was just looking at books spitting you plays...then you fire back no no like this like this

haha good work kiki
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
eelyak

PostSubject: Re: Snugs Flip - HB Draw defense   Snugs Flip - HB Draw defense EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 12:18 pm

Not too difficult to break down your you're something, something else Smile will have to check that out.
Back to top Go down
xHHx_megatron

xHHx_megatron

PostSubject: Re: Snugs Flip - HB Draw defense   Snugs Flip - HB Draw defense EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 6:33 pm

hey I know u saw my scheme...I dont how you feel bout Dub A gap blitzing, but it shuts down draws and brings heat...but anyways..I can see what your doing tho and its nice
Back to top Go down
ZAN

ZAN

PostSubject: Re: Snugs Flip - HB Draw defense   Snugs Flip - HB Draw defense EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 6:48 pm

Running any pass blitz will shut down undercenter draws. This is good, but I feel you will have a rough time stopping slant outs out of a base 46.
Back to top Go down
maguffin82

PostSubject: Re: Snugs Flip - HB Draw defense   Snugs Flip - HB Draw defense EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 6:53 pm

ZAN wrote:
This is good, but I feel you will have a rough time stopping slant outs out of a base 46.

He said he's using Dime Flat.
Back to top Go down
xHHx_megatron

xHHx_megatron

PostSubject: Re: Snugs Flip - HB Draw defense   Snugs Flip - HB Draw defense EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 7:04 pm

well slants work good against zone cause its a slant/flat combination...against man it works good cause the defenders switch off and against a team like raiders(speed) or a receiver with high route running it can be a problem..

so if i see slant outs out of snugs then I will assigned my defenders for man cov with de on contains...for zone then I just do a flat and purple zone combination

I havnt labbed stopping slant outs out of snugs..but those are just some concepts I just thought bout when I seen your post zan..

normally I just use cv2 hawk and pray its not a draw lol
Back to top Go down
ZAN

ZAN

PostSubject: Re: Snugs Flip - HB Draw defense   Snugs Flip - HB Draw defense EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 7:14 pm

Ahh...I'm so used to seeing 46 speed package. LMAO!
Back to top Go down
xHHx_megatron

xHHx_megatron

PostSubject: Re: Snugs Flip - HB Draw defense   Snugs Flip - HB Draw defense EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 7:40 pm

yea i know..I've been using 46 since back to 08...I hate seeing everyone hop onto 46 bandwagon...but everyone's weakness is that they buy ebooks and then they dont understand why things work or dont work..

against snugs (slantouts) putting corners on purple(instead of deep blue) with a cv3 coverage??...sounds pretty risky

Back to top Go down
ZAN

ZAN

PostSubject: Re: Snugs Flip - HB Draw defense   Snugs Flip - HB Draw defense EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 7:45 pm

I ran 46 in 08 and 09. Went to NYJ in 10 (my D was bad in 10). Went back to 46 in 11, and my D (in both EAFL/C4) is top 5 in league in points allowed. 46 is so good. Dime flat is very good vs. stick abusers too....I can see why this play is being used. It locks up draw, and stick....however, if they run any other pass play (mesh, for example), the user needs to be aware and mark the HB out of the backfield, because it looks like the MLB is blitzing.
Back to top Go down
abdaninja

abdaninja

PostSubject: Re: Snugs Flip - HB Draw defense   Snugs Flip - HB Draw defense EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 8:01 pm

i still run jets playbook last yr was my first yr of madden i mean i been buying the games and stuff but not play online

My D was so fierce especially towards the end of the year this yr i use jets with a lil twist since 34 isnt as effective but still great 46 is more effective IMO i will not switch pbs on Defense

on offense my O is unique liek no other

uhmm i was playing a stick abuser last night with the eagles blah blah draw i was cowboys he had maclin and jackson in the slots

i was using 46 speed cover 2 double a gap blitz shift safetys zone inside and spread line move flat guys really fast to the side or show blitz and i got 2 picks by my flat guy one a tipped ball INT and other just a catch pick 6 only problem with this D if there smart enough if they motion there slot out im screwed on the quick pass ... but this D is so effective and stops draws or really forces them outside sometimes get hit in the backfield and forces a quick throw and is pretty good vs double drags Lbs come in so fast its hard to hit a wr in stride its really wierd but u should check it

ps make it look like its man coverage
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: Snugs Flip - HB Draw defense   Snugs Flip - HB Draw defense EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 12:45 am

Yep, I'm using Dime Flat.

My pass D setup & run D setup look identical.. I'm trying to find a way to mix them both together.. it would be awesome..
Back to top Go down
xHHx_megatron

xHHx_megatron

PostSubject: Re: Snugs Flip - HB Draw defense   Snugs Flip - HB Draw defense EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 2:37 am

ZAN wrote:
I ran 46 in 08 and 09. Went to NYJ in 10 (my D was bad in 10). Went back to 46 in 11, and my D (in both EAFL/C4) is top 5 in league in points allowed. 46 is so good. Dime flat is very good vs. stick abusers too....I can see why this play is being used. It locks up draw, and stick....however, if they run any other pass play (mesh, for example), the user needs to be aware and mark the HB out of the backfield, because it looks like the MLB is blitzing.

actually I ran into someone that was using stick...so I used 46 man and assigned my defenders Then I backed out the coverage..it work pretty good..I think stick works when the defenders are close to LOS..but I broght the cb covring rb up close

I could tell it made a difference cause earlier I kept getting burnt by malcom kelly (I had ravens...yea malcom kelly of all the people)...so after I tested it out, I never got burnt again..

And Wangie's lil defense works good cause the defenders arnt close to LOS

I dunno tho...just a theory
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: Snugs Flip - HB Draw defense   Snugs Flip - HB Draw defense EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 4:10 am

ZAN wrote:

MLB is NOT in a blitzing route Smile

Also.. I have a pass D vs. Snugs Flip that I will be releasing this week.. probably on a THURSDAY.
Back to top Go down
suicide-manual

suicide-manual

PostSubject: Re: Snugs Flip - HB Draw defense   Snugs Flip - HB Draw defense EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 12:27 pm

Dude Wang didnt I talk to you about the purple zones and a putting a spy in there ?
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: Snugs Flip - HB Draw defense   Snugs Flip - HB Draw defense EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 2:34 pm

suicide-manual wrote:
Dude Wang didnt I talk to you about the purple zones and a putting a spy in there ?

Not sure... I know you told me to do something.. I forgot though lol..

I didn't have any of those in this D though..

By the way, this run D is getting BETTER by the day.. it works vs. any draw from singleback [probably from the entire undercenter..] It works vs. gun too.

Btw, the run D is nearly identical to what is in the video but there is slightly different adjustments made with the CBs..

You guys will hate running vs. draw...
Back to top Go down
xHHx_JayNizz

xHHx_JayNizz

PostSubject: Re: Snugs Flip - HB Draw defense   Snugs Flip - HB Draw defense EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 3:03 pm

good stuff wang
Back to top Go down
rokket

PostSubject: Re: Snugs Flip - HB Draw defense   Snugs Flip - HB Draw defense EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 8:39 am

wang how did ur lab session work out
Back to top Go down
jalapenos789

jalapenos789

PostSubject: Re: Snugs Flip - HB Draw defense   Snugs Flip - HB Draw defense EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 3:13 am

When is this being released?
Back to top Go down
mdolla

mdolla

PostSubject: Re: Snugs Flip - HB Draw defense   Snugs Flip - HB Draw defense EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 4:21 am

Nice wang but one problem.I would audible to HB wheel when I see you do this.Play man vs it and try to jump a route is all you can do vs snugs. If you send pressure you might throw off a main read also.
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: Snugs Flip - HB Draw defense   Snugs Flip - HB Draw defense EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 9:34 am

mdolla wrote:
Nice wang but one problem.I would audible to HB wheel when I see you do this.Play man vs it and try to jump a route is all you can do vs snugs. If you send pressure you might throw off a main read also.

I have a pass D for Snugs too though.. defends stick verrrrrry well.. It also defends drags over the middle because if you drag 2 WRs, my two defenders will cover them.. and if they get mixed up, the flat zones will cover the drags.. also The pass D covers deep just incase people throw in streaks..

Also, if you call stick, your WRs on the LOS won't be bumped, but if you call a play that has a slant out, your slant out WRs will be bumped.. It's a man zone variation because it has to be.. It's pretty decent. I like it a lot.
Back to top Go down
rokket

PostSubject: Re: Snugs Flip - HB Draw defense   Snugs Flip - HB Draw defense EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 11:34 am

have u tried it against someone who runs snuggs?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Snugs Flip - HB Draw defense   Snugs Flip - HB Draw defense Empty

Back to top Go down

Snugs Flip - HB Draw defense
Page 1 of 1