Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

My BOAT got rocked

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
vlaks1

My BOAT got rocked Empty
PostSubject: My BOAT got rocked   My BOAT got rocked EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 8:02 pm

Hey guys,

I religiously follow Sgibs and the streams as well as the forums. I am a fairly good madden player who has played for years and thinks Madden is awesome!

Anyways, I am in a franchise where I play against pretty good people because online play just frustrates me with all the BS...so I ran the BOAT versus this guy along with Gibs defense scheme mixed with mine and ended up losing 56-42.

In the beginning I was in control up 20 running the rock well but he switched to a Nick 1-5-5 defense and locked the run up bigtime. He had fast LB's and could stop the toss/counter when stacking the A-Gap so he essentially made me 1 dimensional. This made me pass a lot and I could not move the ball...I ran cowboys in man beater 1,2 zone beater flanker you name it but his defense just locked up the shallow routes and the run. I had no time to go long bc of the heat he was bringing even when i Max protected...so i guess my questions to you guys are this:

1) What do you do when the run is locked up out of strong and Full house. I kept running it and was forced to play 2 down football which is horrible for me.
2) On defense against a guy running lots of quick pass, drags--what do I do? I tried hooks spies etc and could not lock it up. The kid was really not that good which is what really frustrated me.
3) This is aside from this whole game, I watch the GOTW every week and I notice Gibs that you are bringing your DE off the outside especially vs 360 untouched and running what looks like a 4-6 inside blitz a lot-- these aren't in the book. what are they? I love the 4-6 defensive plays but I need a bit more variety and I feel like using those plays I saw you use would really help.

thanks a lot guys for everything, you guys are entertaining to watch--good times

Vlaks1
- tom
Back to top Go down
vlaks1

My BOAT got rocked Empty
PostSubject: Re: My BOAT got rocked   My BOAT got rocked EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 6:43 am

Can anyone answer this 0.o? =)
Back to top Go down
ZFarls
Admin
ZFarls

My BOAT got rocked Empty
PostSubject: Re: My BOAT got rocked   My BOAT got rocked EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 9:33 am

1. If he is locking up the run, something else has to be there. Look for short passes (1-5-5) usually leaves the RB uncovered. Throw him on a fade or look to use the qucik pass from full house to keep the clock moving.

2. Its hard to stop dinking and dunking but the clock was your friend in the situation. Check wanttangkikis dime flat defense with the contain and just look to get 1 int on his 20 throws up the field.

3. That is the Vick D from Madden TV show 57 i think. Its pretty solid and I'm working on a tip video for it as well.

I love that you typed out your problems with the game and explained where you know you need to work. This helps people answer and if this was in the general section more peeps would see it but its a great questions and you did put it in the right spot. AIM Gibs under Maddenbible to talk more too!

Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

My BOAT got rocked Empty
PostSubject: Re: My BOAT got rocked   My BOAT got rocked EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 1:01 pm

Vlaks message me on AIM or we can email back and forth!
Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
xHHx_JayNizz

xHHx_JayNizz

My BOAT got rocked Empty
PostSubject: Re: My BOAT got rocked   My BOAT got rocked EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 2:09 pm

vlaks1 wrote:
Hey guys,

I religiously follow Sgibs and the streams as well as the forums. I am a fairly good madden player who has played for years and thinks Madden is awesome!

Anyways, I am in a franchise where I play against pretty good people because online play just frustrates me with all the BS...so I ran the BOAT versus this guy along with Gibs defense scheme mixed with mine and ended up losing 56-42.

In the beginning I was in control up 20 running the rock well but he switched to a Nick 1-5-5 defense and locked the run up bigtime. He had fast LB's and could stop the toss/counter when stacking the A-Gap so he essentially made me 1 dimensional. This made me pass a lot and I could not move the ball...I ran cowboys in man beater 1,2 zone beater flanker you name it but his defense just locked up the shallow routes and the run. I had no time to go long bc of the heat he was bringing even when i Max protected...so i guess my questions to you guys are this:

1) What do you do when the run is locked up out of strong and Full house. I kept running it and was forced to play 2 down football which is horrible for me.
2) On defense against a guy running lots of quick pass, drags--what do I do? I tried hooks spies etc and could not lock it up. The kid was really not that good which is what really frustrated me.
3) This is aside from this whole game, I watch the GOTW every week and I notice Gibs that you are bringing your DE off the outside especially vs 360 untouched and running what looks like a 4-6 inside blitz a lot-- these aren't in the book. what are they? I love the 4-6 defensive plays but I need a bit more variety and I feel like using those plays I saw you use would really help.

thanks a lot guys for everything, you guys are entertaining to watch--good times

Vlaks1
- tom

basically your opponent won the mind game.

just because you buy an ebook doesn't mean you are gonna win all of your games.
early on the best thing that can happen to you is to lose big games
i know its hard to get mad and to not quit, but as a "fairly good" player if you can't recognize what your opponent is doing during the game, i hate to say it, but look over the replays after the game is over. It can help you understand exactly what is going on.

and you can quote me on this, if you run defensive plays rather then a defensive scheme or concept you are gonna lose a lot of games.

And just a tip my favorite power run play is the Goaline HB dive, motion the TE that is on the line of scrimage, when he passes the a gap call hike

Back to top Go down
LOTT0042

LOTT0042

My BOAT got rocked Empty
PostSubject: Re: My BOAT got rocked   My BOAT got rocked EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 2:40 pm

xHHx_JayNizz wrote:

basically your opponent won the mind game.

just because you buy an ebook doesn't mean you are gonna win all of your games.
early on the best thing that can happen to you is to lose big games
i know its hard to get mad and to not quit, but as a "fairly good" player if you can't recognize what your opponent is doing during the game, i hate to say it, but look over the replays after the game is over. It can help you understand exactly what is going on.

and you can quote me on this, if you run defensive plays rather then a defensive scheme or concept you are gonna lose a lot of games.

And just a tip my favorite power run play is the Goaline HB dive, motion the TE that is on the line of scrimage, when he passes the a gap call hike

Maybe it would help him and other noobs like myself out if you can be expand on this. What is the difference between running various plays and a scheme/concept? What would be an example? I would be really interested in your thoughts on this. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
vlaks1

My BOAT got rocked Empty
PostSubject: Re: My BOAT got rocked   My BOAT got rocked EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 3:44 pm

Thanks for the input =)

However, I do have a scheme. I run the e-book plus my plays in a way in which I read the D and adjust. My defensive scheme is basically disguised blitzes plus man/zone covg but the problem was he had too much heat and everything was locked up. It's odd bc it only worked vs me the other guys in the franchise have dropped 30+ on him--as did I but I did it all at the start of the game. I am 9-2 in the franchise and pretty dominant so it came as a shock to me.
Back to top Go down
xHHx_JayNizz

xHHx_JayNizz

My BOAT got rocked Empty
PostSubject: Re: My BOAT got rocked   My BOAT got rocked EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 4:38 am

Running a defensive scheme would include (quick version) A gap blitzes mixed in with C gap blitzes on both sides. And you should have set ups for both zone and man that look very similar.

Also you need a coverage defense that looks the same as your blitzes.

learning how to use your defensive scheme comes with experience.

back in madden 10 in the early stages of the game i caught myself running defensive plays rather then schemes. I ran the 4-4 and i did the monster blitz A gap nano or goal line D basically every other play, and i would get burned 99% of the time and i didn't know why.

Well it is because i was running a play instead of a concept and i didn't quite understand or recognize the plays strengths/weaknesses until sometime later.

I started mixing in nice coverage defense and i began mixing up my blitz and my defense began to look much better.
Back to top Go down
xHHx_JayNizz

xHHx_JayNizz

My BOAT got rocked Empty
PostSubject: Re: My BOAT got rocked   My BOAT got rocked EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 4:46 am

i don't really have a 5 sets for success on defense but i do have my own defensive strategy when it comes to creating my scheme.

1. man/zone C gap blitz
2. man/zone A gap blitz
3. man/zone coverage defense
4. Run Defense
5. formation that you feel comfortable running these plays out of and being able to set them up quickly

6. (optiona)l a formation that has a lot of speed on the field example dime, nickel, 46 etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My BOAT got rocked Empty
PostSubject: Re: My BOAT got rocked   My BOAT got rocked Empty

Back to top Go down

My BOAT got rocked
Page 1 of 1