Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Cowboys 46 speed setup

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jander

Jander

Cowboys 46 speed setup Empty
PostSubject: Cowboys 46 speed setup   Cowboys 46 speed setup EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 7:35 pm

What you guys have for a 46 speed setup for the Boys?
Back to top Go down
UseRPicK101

UseRPicK101

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys 46 speed setup   Cowboys 46 speed setup EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 10:21 pm

black udder wrote:
They are great in a 46 speed - gets more of their fast talent on the field. A 4-3 & 3-4 puts too many secondary players on the field - bowen, hatcher, v. butler, etc. and leaves some of the better secondary on the bench. While the secondary stunk in real life, they're great for madden 'cause they have great speed and pretty good man.

Newman is 97 speed, McCann is 96 speed, Jenkins is 93, Scandrick 92, plus AA is 91.

With 4-6 speed, you can get all of them, plus olshansky/ratliff at DT, spencer/ware at ends, lee at LB and Ball/McCray at safeties. Lots of speed to get to the ball and if you play 2 man under, then most teams don't have enough receivers with the speed to get away from the coverage.

You can also put v. butler & b. williams or the DE's as #2 slots for ware/spencer so when they do go out for a breather, there is a reasonable sub coming in for them.
Back to top Go down
manman4ife

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys 46 speed setup   Cowboys 46 speed setup EmptyWed May 18, 2011 10:41 am

wat is the offense of line for the boys and defense of line
Back to top Go down
manman4ife

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys 46 speed setup   Cowboys 46 speed setup EmptyFri May 27, 2011 10:48 am

manman4ife wrote:
wat is the offense of line for the boys and defense of line
Back to top Go down
Jander

Jander

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys 46 speed setup   Cowboys 46 speed setup EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 12:28 am

How are you guys using the cowboys depth chart? Allot of speed anyone using the new rookie MLB?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys 46 speed setup   Cowboys 46 speed setup EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 2:38 am

LE - Spencer
RE - Ware
DT1 - Ratliff
DT2 - Spears

LOLB - James/Lee/Butler
MLB - Lee/Brooking/James/Carter
  • If Lee gets hurt Brooking will automatic replace him in the 46 Normal package. You can sub in Carter manually when you switch to 46 Speed.
ROLB - Butler/Lee/Carter
  • I set my depth chart up this way as a reminder to myself where I want people in case of injury. You will have to go in and manual make these adjustments if one of your players goes down.
CB1 - Newman
CB2 - Jenkins
CB3 - Scandrick
CB4 - Ball
CB5 - McCray
  • If one of my CBs gets injured I will move everyone up 1 spot & replace that 3rd spot with Ball. McCray will become my CB4. (If you follow Gibs suggestion, you know that the CB4 position is the least important position in this scheme, so you can get away with LB'ish type players in this position) McCray is a good mix of CB & LB type attributes. He has adequate speed & has some of the better attributes as far as tackeling, hit power, block shedding, power move, fitness move, etc out of all the Cowboys secondary.
FS - McCray/Elam/Sensabaugh
  • This is the second spot in the 46 I have found you can put weaker players, since usually the FS position is the position you user. Also, most of the time if you are in man & you are bringing heat this position is guarding the HB which usually the HB is on some simple route to the flats or is left in to block. Nothing a weaker player couldn't handle. Only time this would start to become a probably is if your opponent starts motion out their HB to a WR, but rarely will anyone ever do that. And if they do, still send heat because that means no one is in the field to protect the QB.
SS - AOA/Ball/McCray
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

***This is all subject to change. This is just currently what has been the most successful for me & my play style with the 46.

Last edited by SiCkWiThItXX on Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
black udder

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys 46 speed setup   Cowboys 46 speed setup EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 4:06 pm

why don't you start Carter? W/88 speed he's pretty good.

I also have MLB Carter/Lee and ROLB Lee. This way I have their speed on the field for a nickel strong formation.

I like James/Brooking but, too often, their speed lets me down. What makes them worth starting above Lee/Carter?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys 46 speed setup   Cowboys 46 speed setup EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 7:18 pm

black udder wrote:

I also have MLB Carter/Lee and ROLB Lee. This way I have their speed on the field for a nickel strong formation.

I like James/Brooking but, too often, their speed lets me down. What makes them worth starting above Lee/Carter?

I updated the depth chart setup above due to the recent roster updates. But, I do start Carter in the 46 speed package at MLB. I just sub him in when I switch between packages. However, when I am in 46 Normal I usually come out in that to stop the run so I want my best run stuffing LBs out on the field. And I feel as if Lee, James, & Butler are my best all around LBs for that job.
Back to top Go down
black udder

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys 46 speed setup   Cowboys 46 speed setup EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 8:32 pm

SiCkWiThItXX wrote:
black udder wrote:

I updated the depth chart setup above due to the recent roster updates. But, I do start Carter in the 46 speed package at MLB. I just sub him in when I switch between packages. However, when I am in 46 Normal I usually come out in that to stop the run so I want my best run stuffing LBs out on the field. And I feel as if Lee, James, & Butler are my best all around LBs for that job.

Interesting. I might try that. I use Carter & Lee as MLB because they can get quick penetration, so if they drop back from a run formation, I can get there quick. 88 spd vs 70 something is a big difference. I also tried putting Butler in LE and Ware & Carter at MLB. That was pretty solid too.

I'm hoping Lee gets a boost this year Smile Perhaps Carter can even contribute a little and boost up from his low # now.

What plays to you use for a 3WR set vs somebody like the bears? Forte is great a receiving and their WRs are fast, so I need quick pressure that can also stop a run if necessary.

Right now I'm getting killed by bears man sugar blitz - the cowboys line just can't hold up and I have no time to throw unless I go into shotgun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys 46 speed setup   Cowboys 46 speed setup Empty

Back to top Go down

Cowboys 46 speed setup
Page 1 of 1