Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

is it fair to blame jay cutler for the bears loss?

Go down 
+5
WFColonel56
TheCrew22
Militant X 1
bahdbwoy
Kingz
9 posters

do you think jay cutler is to blame for the bears NFC title loss?
Yes Jay was to blame
is it fair to blame jay cutler for the bears loss? Vote_lcap50%is it fair to blame jay cutler for the bears loss? Vote_rcap
 50% [ 6 ]
no it isnt jays fault its the teams
is it fair to blame jay cutler for the bears loss? Vote_lcap50%is it fair to blame jay cutler for the bears loss? Vote_rcap
 50% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
Kingz

Kingz

is it fair to blame jay cutler for the bears loss? Empty
PostSubject: is it fair to blame jay cutler for the bears loss?   is it fair to blame jay cutler for the bears loss? EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 7:38 am

it didn’t take long for Chicago Bears fans to react to their NFC Championship loss to the Green Bay Packers. Not surprisingly, they took it out on the team's starting quarterback.

After the game, several Bears fans got the outlash started by burning a Jay Cutler jersey.

Cutler left the game early in the third quarter due to an apparent knee injury and never returned. Although the injury's severity is unknown, many Bears fans will likely question their quarterback's guts and courage to continue to play in a game with such importance.

Cutler finished the game 6-for-14 passing with 80 passing yards, one interception and a 31.8 passer rating.

The team forfeited a lot of components to acquire Cutler in 2009, trading quarterback Kyle Orton, two first-round picks and a third-round pick. The costly transaction brought high expectations for the No. 11 overall pick in the 2006 draft.

However, in his first two seasons in Chicago, he's thrown 42 interceptions, including 26 last year. This year, he fumbled nine times. Cutler also has a pedestrian 41-38 career record.

Cutler is also regarded as one of the most hated football players in the NFL for his cocky attitude. Bears fans may soon join in despising the embattled quarterback.

is it fair to blame jay cutler for the bears loss? 6a0115709f071f970b0147e1e49ba2970b-400wi
Back to top Go down
bahdbwoy

PostSubject: Re: is it fair to blame jay cutler for the bears loss?   is it fair to blame jay cutler for the bears loss? EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 9:36 am

The 3rd string QB was able to move the ball and put points on the board.. He played sh!tty
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1

Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: is it fair to blame jay cutler for the bears loss?   is it fair to blame jay cutler for the bears loss? EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 10:27 am

there was a cat who was the #1 Madden player for awhile named; "Cutler-Killer"

well....

after that game....the new name is "Cutler-Quitter"

Sanchez got rocked by the steelers and came back in the game. Cutler hit the sidelines and that was it! he showed no emotion, fire or passion to get back in one of the biggest games in his career...NFC Championship! he didn't even try to help the back up QBs. pitiful!

~Mili
Back to top Go down
TheCrew22

TheCrew22

PostSubject: Re: is it fair to blame jay cutler for the bears loss?   is it fair to blame jay cutler for the bears loss? EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 1:09 pm

^^^ 99% of men that are able to walk would have been back in that game.. Jay Cutler falls into the 1% of fairies who wouldnt
Back to top Go down
WFColonel56

WFColonel56

PostSubject: Re: is it fair to blame jay cutler for the bears loss?   is it fair to blame jay cutler for the bears loss? EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 4:59 pm

i have heard rumors of a torn MCL, it that is true Jay made the correct decision, he would have hurt his team more than he could have possibly helped
Back to top Go down
http://www.wfcolonelswarroom.com
xHHx_megatron

xHHx_megatron

PostSubject: Re: is it fair to blame jay cutler for the bears loss?   is it fair to blame jay cutler for the bears loss? EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 7:26 pm

I remember when colt mccoy left the game in the national championships because of a neck stinger.....now that is some wussy sh!t...jay cutler on the other hand, dont know how severe the injury is...but jay is a tough dude...he has prolly been one of the most sacked qb's in the league...dont be so quick to bounce on him.. he has improved the bears despite the average numbers...if mike martz stays and they improve the oline..and keep the defense intact, they have the ability to make a repeat run if not better.

no its not fair to blame cutler for the bears loss. I would have to blame it on mike martz if anything.. untill the end of the game, where they tried to keep it simple for haynie...there were alot of questionable playcalling... just my opinion

earl bennet on a reverse...smh

Back to top Go down
Butkus

Butkus

PostSubject: Re: is it fair to blame jay cutler for the bears loss?   is it fair to blame jay cutler for the bears loss? EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 7:47 pm

They said it was a sprained MCL, the coaches made the decision to sit him. I have seen all of their games and he gets hit more than any other QB..LINE IS TERRIBLE! He is tough as hell and has no quit he is doing all this with type 1 diabetes thats tough. All these bears/cutler bashers need to stop talkin trash wheres your teams at. That mighty ravens D....UH COUGH COUGH GAGED...... YOU KNOW CHOKED!!!!!!!! Plus they was some terrible calls late in the game against Chicago but GB won so they have the right to talk.
Back to top Go down
Kingz

Kingz

PostSubject: Re: is it fair to blame jay cutler for the bears loss?   is it fair to blame jay cutler for the bears loss? EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 8:11 pm

im not a cutler fan but i was seriously pissed at him when they showed him sitting on the bench right next to the backup quarterback just staring into space not even caring about trying to help the kid win the game.i wouldnt be surprised if cutlers out of chicago sometime after this
Back to top Go down
Butkus

Butkus

PostSubject: Re: is it fair to blame jay cutler for the bears loss?   is it fair to blame jay cutler for the bears loss? EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 8:37 pm

That is what FOX choses to show here is what Hanie had to say "He helped me out numerous times throughout the game," Hanie said. "When I went in, first of all he came and talked to me and said, 'Hey, trust yourself, trust your reads, use your feet if you have to; don't be afraid to do that. Trust the o-line and you'll be fine.' That calmed me down a little bit.

"Then after we went down and scored, I had the adrenaline going a little bit after that touchdown and it was the same thing. Right when I got to the sidelines he was the first one to say 'Great job, now you've just got to go get another one. Make sure you stay calm and composed in there.' So he helped me. He did that numerous times throughout the game. I guess people didn't see that on TV but it definitely happened."

Back to top Go down
Butkus

Butkus

PostSubject: Re: is it fair to blame jay cutler for the bears loss?   is it fair to blame jay cutler for the bears loss? EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 8:42 pm

He also said this "I know Jay, and one thing he's not is a quitter," Hanie said Monday on "The Waddle & Silvy Show" on ESPN 1000. "What was he, the most-sacked quarterback this year or close to it [Cutler was sacked an NFL-high 52 times]? He just keeps getting back up and going back in. He's not a quitter. You can say whatever you want about him, but he's not going to quit on his teammates. That's not going to happen."

Cutler has issues but its not heart or toughness more like fundamentals and decision making.
Back to top Go down
SasserAssassin

SasserAssassin

PostSubject: Re: is it fair to blame jay cutler for the bears loss?   is it fair to blame jay cutler for the bears loss? EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 8:59 pm

It was a good call to keep him out because if you mess up your knee bad enough your not going to walk right again.
Wes Welker tore some ligement in his knee in the last game of the same last year and probly shouldnt have come back the first game of the season.
Back to top Go down
Kingz

Kingz

PostSubject: Re: is it fair to blame jay cutler for the bears loss?   is it fair to blame jay cutler for the bears loss? EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 9:08 pm

aparently the report is cutler-sprained mcl
Back to top Go down
SasserAssassin

SasserAssassin

PostSubject: Re: is it fair to blame jay cutler for the bears loss?   is it fair to blame jay cutler for the bears loss? EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 12:34 am

Kingz wrote:
aparently the report is cutler-sprained mcl
http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/news/story?id=6054047
^^^^^ there is the link
Back to top Go down
WFColonel56

WFColonel56

PostSubject: Re: is it fair to blame jay cutler for the bears loss?   is it fair to blame jay cutler for the bears loss? EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 3:07 am

a sprained mcl is nothin to play with. I had one my JR year and i felt something was off as soon as it happened. I played 1 more defensive series (made a big play Smile ) and said thats it. My knee was giving way to the inside. I didnt really feel pain then but on the bus ride back to town when the adrenaline wore off it was hell. I will never in my life forget that 1st night of sleep. I literally shed a tear becuz of how bad it was, i couldnt even move my knee one inch without excruciating pain.

its a 3-6 week injury.....i was able to come back after 3 (just missed the game) but i still didnt feel right til 5 weeks
Back to top Go down
bahdbwoy

PostSubject: Re: is it fair to blame jay cutler for the bears loss?   is it fair to blame jay cutler for the bears loss? EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 3:31 am

^ what position?
Back to top Go down
WFColonel56

WFColonel56

PostSubject: Re: is it fair to blame jay cutler for the bears loss?   is it fair to blame jay cutler for the bears loss? EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 3:56 am

for that game I was a DT but i spent time as a LB (OLB/MLB) for 14 games, DT 11 games, DE 7 games
Back to top Go down
nitka

nitka

PostSubject: Re: is it fair to blame jay cutler for the bears loss?   is it fair to blame jay cutler for the bears loss? EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 2:17 pm

My first reaction when I saw Todd "Im 150 years old" Collins was to throw up. I was sick when Cutler didn't come back because I knew it was over. The kid brought us back somewhat. As a life long Bears fan I have never fell in the "I want the back up in" fan section. I hope to god it dies down, around here I hear now how good Hiene is and whatever, Im already sick of that.

The bottomline is Cutler was to hurt to Play QB, look at his last throw (Now was he still better then Collins? Hell Yeah, cut off his leg hes still better). There was no point in trucking him back out there. Jay Cutler is the Best QB the Bears have EVER, EVER had period. Sorry Sid Luckman, Jim McMahon, Erk Kramer, LOL. Anyone that knows football and has seen the mess the Bears have had at QB knows thats true.

To answer the question, I dont think hes to blame but without him they had no chance.
Back to top Go down
http://maddenrevolution.com
nitka

nitka

PostSubject: Re: is it fair to blame jay cutler for the bears loss?   is it fair to blame jay cutler for the bears loss? EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 10:59 am

TheCrew22 wrote:
^^^ 99% of men that are able to walk would have been back in that game.. Jay Cutler falls into the 1% of fairies who wouldnt

BTW, I have a huge problem with this comment! I know its prob more Pack vs Bears talk (at least I hope). 100% Not true. Anyone thats played the game, or how about even thrown a football knows that is not true.
Back to top Go down
http://maddenrevolution.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: is it fair to blame jay cutler for the bears loss?   is it fair to blame jay cutler for the bears loss? Empty

Back to top Go down

is it fair to blame jay cutler for the bears loss?
Page 1 of 1