Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Whats so great about man-to-man defense?

Go down 
+4
wangtangkiki
WFColonel56
LOTT0042
finfever
8 posters
AuthorMessage
finfever

finfever

Whats so great about man-to-man defense? Empty
PostSubject: Whats so great about man-to-man defense?   Whats so great about man-to-man defense? EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 5:41 pm

I think man to man is overrated. It seems like every one I play who is decent has a million man beaters. They come out in a tight/compressed set, see im in man, and make there adjustments. Rubs are so dominate this year, my guys will be a good 5 yards behind there man every time. It just seems like man is really easy to beat. I just want to see why everyone likes it so much better than zone. The cover 4 is really good IMO. its kinda a bend dont break defense. Wait for your opponet to make a mistake
Back to top Go down
LOTT0042

LOTT0042

PostSubject: Re: Whats so great about man-to-man defense?   Whats so great about man-to-man defense? EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 5:59 pm

ANY coverage is easy to beat if you have time & make the right reads. Man is good when you are bring heat to stay close for errant passes especially if you run a delayed press. You have to mix it up. Try hybrid defenses with mixed man and zone. The key is to try to keep them off balanced and dictate to the offense where you want them to go with the ball. I think GIBS covered how to run effective man schemes to help avoid rubs - usually by backing the coverage off or moving the slot corners closer to the LOS and closer inside towards the DE.
Back to top Go down
WFColonel56

WFColonel56

PostSubject: Re: Whats so great about man-to-man defense?   Whats so great about man-to-man defense? EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 6:10 pm

man is overrated.....sigh i must admit that im a tad bias lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.wfcolonelswarroom.com
LOTT0042

LOTT0042

PostSubject: Re: Whats so great about man-to-man defense?   Whats so great about man-to-man defense? EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 6:46 pm

WFColonel56 wrote:
man is overrated.....sigh i must admit that im a tad bias lol

LOL. Hey would you mind adding a zone tutorial to you war room / guide series. You have a ton of great insight, would love to hear your Methodology. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
wangtangkiki

wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: Whats so great about man-to-man defense?   Whats so great about man-to-man defense? EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 6:46 pm

Man 2 Man is great because usually you just need fast CBs to keep up with WRs.. If you have zone, and the QB scrambles around, eventually a WR will be wide open across the field in an area you didn't cover.. and even so, they can flood the zone.. I use a lot of zone mix combos..

Blitz 3, have 5 in man, 1 deep, 2 in zones.. Cov 1 contain nanos.. Purples/Spies help a lot.. user the deep safety in the middle/left.. just watch the compressed set & find whose open & cover them, unless it's stick then use the backup coverage thingy.
Back to top Go down
UppingMyGame

UppingMyGame

PostSubject: Re: Whats so great about man-to-man defense?   Whats so great about man-to-man defense? EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 10:12 pm

I like man, but maybe that's just because I play with the Jets a lot . . .
Back to top Go down
Tru Statement

PostSubject: Re: Whats so great about man-to-man defense?   Whats so great about man-to-man defense? EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 10:24 pm

Simple.. man is so great because it allows you to get much more dynamic with your blitzes.

If you bring 6 on a blitz that has crazy good heat with 5 in man coverage with the Raiders you can be okay

If you bring 6 on a zone blitz its dots for days. Even 5 on a zone blitz will get dotted unless it really screams and if someone blocks and slide protects to do whatevers necessary to pick it up zone will get dotted. If you have a decently accurate QB with a little bit of time all zone will get dotted.

Man just allows you to do so much more defensively as far as bringing pressure, dropping into a *** D and doing both from the same look.

Im not in any way shape or form saying you cant play zone coverage. I like it and use it but you really gotta know what you're doing an be able to adjust well and have good pressure behind it because zone coverage + time is a recipe for disaster with the playmaker.
Back to top Go down
WFColonel56

WFColonel56

PostSubject: Re: Whats so great about man-to-man defense?   Whats so great about man-to-man defense? EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 11:05 pm

^^^^valid answer, but what if u dont use the raiders/jets/packers
Back to top Go down
http://www.wfcolonelswarroom.com
xHHx_megatron

xHHx_megatron

PostSubject: Re: Whats so great about man-to-man defense?   Whats so great about man-to-man defense? EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 3:30 am

After all the games where I strictly used zone defense vs games where I mixed in man cov, I'd have to say its important to atleast utilize man cov......I highly disagree to use man cov all game because its almost as easy as beating zone..

Nothing is great about man defense, the biggest thing is knowing when to use it vs zone.

It makes me laugh about the ignorance of people these days...I love seeing man cov all game..
Back to top Go down
Tru Statement

PostSubject: Re: Whats so great about man-to-man defense?   Whats so great about man-to-man defense? EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 1:35 pm

WFColonel56 wrote:
^^^^valid answer, but what if u dont use the raiders/jets/packers

I run primarily man when I use the Giants.. secondary speed is overrated even in man coverage. If you've got great heat that you're confident in then they only have to cover for a very short period of time.

With that said, like Megatron said, its key to know how to mix it up and when to call what. I may have something that I like to run but if that gets picked apart I wont be in it for long I can tell you that.. its all about adjusting. However Man Coverage does give you a bit of a different dimension from the pressure aspect with coverage behind that zone doesn't.
Back to top Go down
GunfusedX

GunfusedX

PostSubject: Re: Whats so great about man-to-man defense?   Whats so great about man-to-man defense? EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 4:10 pm

man and zone together in 1 play <3
Back to top Go down
Tru Statement

PostSubject: Re: Whats so great about man-to-man defense?   Whats so great about man-to-man defense? EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 4:12 pm

I'll second that considering the best two players that I've played who run the same defense use man and zone in the same play
Back to top Go down
GunfusedX

GunfusedX

PostSubject: Re: Whats so great about man-to-man defense?   Whats so great about man-to-man defense? EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 4:15 pm

yup, i dont do it but its by far the best.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats so great about man-to-man defense?   Whats so great about man-to-man defense? Empty

Back to top Go down

Whats so great about man-to-man defense?
Page 1 of 1