Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Anyone see UFC 128? (Spoilers)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
i3rian 87

i3rian 87

Anyone see UFC 128? (Spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: Anyone see UFC 128? (Spoilers)   Anyone see UFC 128? (Spoilers) EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 9:32 pm

Jon Jones is a god damned savage. Crazy that he is only 23 and starting training MMA at age 20.

Urijah Faber has way better boxing ability than we thought, and he knows how to faint and get the other guy to lean a certain way and get the other guy where he wants.

Nate Marquardt wins by decision again, woo.

Jim Miller dominates Shalarus and earns the right to finally take on top 5 competition. Please UFC, give him top 5 competition!

I legitimately thought that Branden Schaub killed Mirko Cro Cop. Not like 'wow he got hit so hard it killed him' type deal, like I thought he was dead based on how he fell:

This is just one angle, but if you get the chance to see it from another one in full speed, do it. The guy just flat out goes limp.

Thoughts on the card?!
Back to top Go down
http://fourdownterritoryblog.blogspot.com/
UppingMyGame

UppingMyGame

PostSubject: Re: Anyone see UFC 128? (Spoilers)   Anyone see UFC 128? (Spoilers) EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 2:24 am

Didn't get to see the whole card, but I lucked out and saw the Shogun-Bones fight - ROUGH for Rua. Don't know if you've seen the gif, but from different angles that very first knee was ridiculous. I think Machida is the guy with the tools to beat him right now, but a fight between them (assuming Bones retains and Machida gets past Randy) would be kinda far off and I think Jones' game will have evolved tremendously by then. Not sure who can take him any time in the near future.

And poor, poor Cro Cop. End of a legend, I'm dedicating the next LHK I see to Mirko Filipovic.
Back to top Go down
i3rian 87

i3rian 87

PostSubject: Re: Anyone see UFC 128? (Spoilers)   Anyone see UFC 128? (Spoilers) EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 9:19 pm

Yeah I don't know right now who would have the best shot at stopping Jones. The problem is that nobody has figured out a method to gain an advantage against the kid. I guess the one thing that we haven't see Jones do is get hit with a big blow. We don't know about his chin, and until someone connects flushly on his face/jaw, we truly wont really know just how good he is.

I'm a fan of the kid though, crazy amounts of hype behind him too.
Back to top Go down
UppingMyGame

UppingMyGame

PostSubject: Re: Anyone see UFC 128? (Spoilers)   Anyone see UFC 128? (Spoilers) EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 10:14 am

I met him a couple of times when I was going to Iowa Central and I was good friends with guys that knew him better, so I think the only fight where I actually might root against him would be if he fought Machida (just because I'm a fan).
Back to top Go down
i3rian 87

i3rian 87

PostSubject: Re: Anyone see UFC 128? (Spoilers)   Anyone see UFC 128? (Spoilers) EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 8:06 pm

I like Machida, but it can boring to watch counter fighters. Just like it can be boring at times to watch Anderson Silva. Sure, he delivered a sick KO against Belfort, but the first 3:30 of the fight were boring as hell because neither would strike.

But both Machida and Silva are great.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone see UFC 128? (Spoilers)   Anyone see UFC 128? (Spoilers) Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone see UFC 128? (Spoilers)
Page 1 of 1