Madden Bible
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Official Madden 13 Suggestion Thread

Go down 
+28
blood9585
SF_FAN88
RaveNeff
xHEx DeathAngel
MADdenASsasS1N
Nytro
TheHungryMann
civ216
doc21x
dahulkoliver
URinDangerB0y
UndefeatedIV
markmanson18
BuckNut4eva
GAV
huskychipmunk
ubert123
Tyler1281
ZAN
SaintsG0Marchin'In
grimmagician87
SasserAssassin
JSF Ghost
sixburgh710
EaglePride615
sgibs
iDotUp
WFColonel56
32 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
WFColonel56

WFColonel56

Official Madden 13 Suggestion Thread Empty
PostSubject: Official Madden 13 Suggestion Thread   Official Madden 13 Suggestion Thread EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 3:23 am

Okay guys I know that its july but this is about the time when the Madden development team starts brainstorming new things for the next game. SO I want this thread to be the hub spot for constructive ideas for the Madden franchise.

I will start it off with something that I have wanted for about 3 years

Custom Packages

I myself am not a big subber. I just hate that when you manually sub guys in it stays permanent. And the main reason I hate it is because I am a personnel whore (lmao). I like to show the defense odd looks from an offensive perspective. I also want the best guys on the field (for that situation) on defense.

I feel as if custom packages add replay value to the game
It would make the entire madden year fun because off all of the things that could be done to 1 formation.
It has the potential for every game you play online (or at a tournament) to be different
It will keep you on your toes the entire game offensively and defensibly

It would not be cheese (to the sim players)

-The custom packages should follow the same guideline that is given to the subbing menu...pretty self explanatory. We can already do the moves now,

-If the ratings matter in the game there is no fear. If all of the catching/route running ratings matter than HBs at WR (which we can do now) wont be a problem. Same for OLineman at TE, if the above ratings matter than there is no fear. If tackling,awareness,etc matter on defense than any position change should play out accurately.

- Its football, you do see the cowboys ton a lot of spread with 2 TEs on the field (in many diff spots)...Football is about gaining a strategic advantage with personnel and leverage..
----------------------------------------------------------------

How It Can Be Done
1. Allow for extra package 3 slots per formation where you can customize the formation

2. Allow us to edit (players, name, everything) the given packages...I dont use a lot of the default packages as is.

example
I dont have a fast QB on my team so no reason for me to use backup qb (and i could go on)

AGAIN ALL CHANGES SHOULD FOLLOW THE SUBBING MENU RULES

------------------------------------------------------------------
Offensive examples
Formation: Singleback Doubles

We all know the base personnel is 1 HB, 3WR, 1TE

But lets just take custom packages for a whurl and put
-A offensive lineman at TE
- TE at left outside WR
-#1 WR at slot
-#2 WR right outside

personnel showing- 1HB, 2WR, 1 TE
This right here is a pretty cool example of what you could do offensively (and you can already do it now)

On defense you would call a base defense to play against it. And if in zone coverage you will not really be effected passing wise. But if in Man coverage you will need to go to the menu and set your defensive assignments (which gets that feature used actively)...If defensive assignments are not used it is a correct mismatch (WR on LB) and should be effective

This gets guys to learn football

now in the same formation you can have more run personnel if you want (3TE, 1HB, 1WR)
or a speed WR personnel that could have your fastest 3 WRs and TE on the field, or 1 HB in the slot and your fastest WRs on the outside

It gives more personality to the game....Each user can have their own tempered style

And you can change them at a drop of a hat
--------------------------------------------------------------

Defense Examples

Now my favorite team is one who is very deep at DL and that really isnt utilized enough. Now I pretty much have to set them up as the best players for my defensive scheme. But with the custom packages things get really cool

1st down- Run stuffing DL (could consist of 4 DTs, or my most stout 2 DEs and DTs)
2nd down -all around best (back to normal DL)
3rd down- best pass rushers (2 best pass rushing DTs and DEs, or 4 DEs)

I could also have mix match DL
Strong on left, pass rushing on the right (2 DEs and DTs)
----------

As far as coverage

I like the cover 2 defense, but in the cover 2 your Cbs have outside contain and CBs are not good run defenders, and maybe I want better coverage guys at safety to cover the deep half's.....

So I have the chance to put my starting safeties at CB (again if the press rating works how it should the interactions will work) and I put my CBs at safety.

------------------------------

You can pretty much see where im going with this so no need to go deeper into it.
Custom Packages will single handedly add 10x the depth to Madden
Back to top Go down
http://www.wfcolonelswarroom.com
WFColonel56

WFColonel56

PostSubject: Re: Official Madden 13 Suggestion Thread   Official Madden 13 Suggestion Thread EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 3:51 am

There needs to be (or I would like to see) a spot on the playcall screen where you can warm kickers and back up QBs up.
--------------------------
A little back story.

Kickers....Kickers almost never go in to kick without warming up on the sideline first. Of course the quick long TD run or catch will happen and they have to go in cold but thats about it.
They will start to warm up IN REAL LIFE at about the time the offense crosses mid field, by kicking into the net.

QBs.....Backup qbs (if they are going to go into the game) are warming up on the sideline throwing balls. You will never see a team insert a QB into the game cold (if he is going to throw)...NEVER
Even on starting QB Injuries there is an injury timeout that gives the backup time to get warm.
-------------------------------
Think of it like a pitcher warming up in the bullpen

------------------------------

Why this matters
Now QBs can swap in and out of the game all willy nilly and nothing bad happens (which isnt realistic)....Same premise with kickers
------------------------------------
How to implement

There should be a sub screen on the playcall screen (lets say it comes up when you push in the right tumb stick) that has 2 warm up lists Kickers and QBs

And under kickers you select to warm the kicker up...Same with QBs (list all Qbs on roster)

There should be a timeline to warming the players up as well
Kickers should have to warm up for 3 plays to be at max power (when you get 100%) and a they should automatically be sent out of warm up mode after 7 plays.....If not in warm up mode the kicker becomes cold again

With Qbs they should have to warm up for 3 plays to have 100% accuracy/power/speed and be sent out of warm up mode after 7 plays
-----------------------------------------------------

Penalties if cold

Kickers
Like I said before kickers can still kick PATs when cold (I would hope so lol)
so I have made a chart to show my percentage idea

Warm up mode max power (if you hit 100% on the meter)

Completely Cold 60% (still able to easily kick PATs
after 1 Play Warm up 70%
after 2 play Warm up 90%
after 3 warm up plays 100%

QBs will have the same 10% increment penalty( following their 3 play warm up time) on speed, throw power, throw acc, and throw on the run

Make sense?

Now if you put a cold QB in he can work himself warm. Anytime he missed warming up he has to make up on field.
example.
You warm your QB up for 2 plays...he will have the after 2 play warm up penalty....And it will take 1 in game snap for him to get warm (make sense?)

Punters dont count as kickers

---------------------------------------
What it brings to the game

Players will have to actually manage the game, know down and distance and all of that good stuff.

It creates smarter football players

Back to top Go down
iDotUp

PostSubject: Re: Official Madden 13 Suggestion Thread   Official Madden 13 Suggestion Thread EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 9:01 am

id like to see formation shifts return for obvious reasons
get rid of the strategy pad and just set that stuff back to normal
thats all i can think of for now but im sure there will be gameplay issues that need to be fixed

Back to top Go down
sgibs
Admin
sgibs

PostSubject: Re: Official Madden 13 Suggestion Thread   Official Madden 13 Suggestion Thread EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 11:04 am

Specific Position Ratings

Wes Welker was the best rated receiver on the Patriots (madden 11 without moss) so on the depth chart he sits at number one. This means in game he plays outside which a lot of times means he will be on fly routes and deep posts.

To get Welker at his true position you would need to put him at number 2 (twins formations) and mainly at number 3 on the depth chart.

Essentially nothing really changes with the game but it might be cool if the next step of "Madden Ratings" was to specify individual positions. ie

Run Stopper linebacker
Coverage linebacker
Pass Rush linebacker

Maybe its to hard to specify?

Wes Welker plays INSIDE! He runs short ins and outs, drags and slants, and screens. I think it would be neat if there was a slot receiver rating or maybe just position. So each team had a number 1 and 2 and there "3" WR was there "SL". Welker would also get a higher rating for this specific position.

slot receiver important ratings...
AGI
ACC
CTH
CIT
RTE

Back to top Go down
http://www.maddenbible.com
EaglePride615

EaglePride615

PostSubject: Re: Official Madden 13 Suggestion Thread   Official Madden 13 Suggestion Thread EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 11:46 pm

ONLINE PRACTICE MODE!!!!
Back to top Go down
WFColonel56

WFColonel56

PostSubject: Re: Official Madden 13 Suggestion Thread   Official Madden 13 Suggestion Thread EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 4:56 pm

A button where you can fall down when throwing the ball.

You know how P. Manning neverreally gets hurt when getting sacked because the majority of the time he falls down b4 contact. That would be great in madden, its a way to save your QB from injury as well as fumbling.

How this could happen. Have the left trigger/L2 (or whatever open button is in the game) have a new controls.....when throwing

LT/L2+ X/square= fall down
LT/L2+ another button= throws ball away at wrs feet (or something like that)
and so on
Back to top Go down
WFColonel56

WFColonel56

PostSubject: Re: Official Madden 13 Suggestion Thread   Official Madden 13 Suggestion Thread EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 4:59 pm

We should also have the ability to pick our own formation/R stick audibles as long as those plays fall under the run/quick pass/ deep pass/PA sections...so that would mean we couldnt put 2 run plays in the formation auds or have 2 screen passes as formation auds
Back to top Go down
sixburgh710

PostSubject: re sub packages   Official Madden 13 Suggestion Thread EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 3:29 pm

the first thing you should have to do before you pick a play or formation or anything is pick personell package... in madden you can go from shotgun 5 wr to goal line 6 ol 2 te in an instant.. in real life the players must substitute ... this would allow you to pick which personell you wanted and then pick formation and play... ex 3 wr 1 te 1 rb personell package.. then you can pick your formation you want to run.. you can stay traditional and go single back flex or shotgun flex or go 5wr spread but you must remember you have a te and a rb on the field so now they must line up out of position... also have a no huddle huddle..( muddle ) with full or partial playbooks but with the players lined up on the line.. this will keep the D from subbing and give you a chance to expose their personell with out having to rely strictly on audibles... i have been thinking about this for a few years now and this is the first time i found a place to share my thoughts.. let me know what you think..
Back to top Go down
JSF Ghost

JSF Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Official Madden 13 Suggestion Thread   Official Madden 13 Suggestion Thread EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 3:54 pm

I know all will disagree but, in my own opinion, remove the "Switch player after the snap button". Lets see, where the real "Stick skills" are at. You pick one defender and thats it. I guarantee that ALL the ratings will mean something now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jsfcommand.com
SasserAssassin

SasserAssassin

PostSubject: Re: Official Madden 13 Suggestion Thread   Official Madden 13 Suggestion Thread EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 4:09 pm

JSF Ghost wrote:
I know all will disagree but, in my own opinion, remove the "Switch player after the snap button". Lets see, where the real "Stick skills" are at. You pick one defender and thats it. I guarantee that ALL the ratings will mean something now.
so when somebody comes out and quick snaps me and i get stuck on my DT imma be pissed
Back to top Go down
JSF Ghost

JSF Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Official Madden 13 Suggestion Thread   Official Madden 13 Suggestion Thread EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 2:52 am

SasserAssassin wrote:
JSF Ghost wrote:
so when somebody comes out and quick snaps me and i get stuck on my DT imma be pissed

I guess so, if you should decide to not get away from using your DT and, you don't utilize your other ten teammates.
Back to top Go down
SasserAssassin

SasserAssassin

PostSubject: Re: Official Madden 13 Suggestion Thread   Official Madden 13 Suggestion Thread EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 2:57 am

JSF Ghost wrote:
SasserAssassin wrote:
JSF Ghost wrote:

I guess so, if you should decide to not get away from using your DT and, you don't utilize your other ten teammates.
what i mean if im setting up my D and im on my dt when they snap the ball ill be mad.
Back to top Go down
JSF Ghost

JSF Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Official Madden 13 Suggestion Thread   Official Madden 13 Suggestion Thread EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 3:33 am

SasserAssassin wrote:
JSF Ghost wrote:
SasserAssassin wrote:
JSF Ghost wrote:

what i mean if im setting up my D and im on my dt when they snap the ball ill be mad.

Look, a cover 1, 2, 3, 4, 0 is going to be that, no matter the front, formation, wether you bring your defense on fake blitz, zone blitz, combo zone/man etc...
I personally use stock plays, i think all these defensive hot routes aren't even needed. The hot routes are useful but again, not needed. If you would to put the best players on the field that can do the job you want them to do, you wouldn't be stuck on your DT. If anything, your defense would be built and schemed around your DT.

I see the trend for ballers to get easy A,B,C gap sacks. I am a Ravens fan and user, i like to get my best players on a one on one matchup against the offense's weakest offensive player. It can be done with proper playcalling.

I get alot of great defense replies when i win or lose, and i stay with Ed Reed UNTIL, the whistle blows.
Back to top Go down
SasserAssassin

SasserAssassin

PostSubject: Re: Official Madden 13 Suggestion Thread   Official Madden 13 Suggestion Thread EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 3:40 am

JSF Ghost wrote:
SasserAssassin wrote:
JSF Ghost wrote:
SasserAssassin wrote:
JSF Ghost wrote:

Look, a cover 1, 2, 3, 4, 0 is going to be that, no matter the front, formation, wether you bring your defense on fake blitz, zone blitz, combo zone/man etc...
I personally use stock plays, i think all these defensive hot routes aren't even needed. The hot routes are useful but again, not needed. If you would to put the best players on the field that can do the job you want them to do, you wouldn't be stuck on your DT. If anything, your defense would be built and schemed around your DT.

I see the trend for ballers to get easy A,B,C gap sacks. I am a Ravens fan and user, i like to get my best players on a one on one matchup against the offense's weakest offensive player. It can be done with proper playcalling.

I get alot of great defense replies when i win or lose, and i stay with Ed Reed UNTIL, the whistle blows.
if you get to a certian level stock plays WILL NOT work if you run them 90% of the time.
Back to top Go down
JSF Ghost

JSF Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Official Madden 13 Suggestion Thread   Official Madden 13 Suggestion Thread EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 3:48 am

I have beaten the "Stick skill masters a plenty" ( Level 20+) I have no proof, because they quit. I lost a lot of of games also. EVERY game that i have won is a cherished win. My opponent is left with a sore thumb, when i win or lose.

Your "WILL NOT WORK" is a myth...busted.
Back to top Go down
SasserAssassin

SasserAssassin

PostSubject: Re: Official Madden 13 Suggestion Thread   Official Madden 13 Suggestion Thread EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 3:53 am

JSF Ghost wrote:
I have beaten the "Stick skill masters a plenty" ( Level 20+) I have no proof, because they quit. I lost a lot of of games also. EVERY game that i have won is a cherished win. My opponent is left with a sore thumb, when i win or lose.

im not talking about ranked games.
ranked games are kids that cant take losses and then talk sh!t cause there online warriors.
Back to top Go down
JSF Ghost

JSF Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Official Madden 13 Suggestion Thread   Official Madden 13 Suggestion Thread EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 4:19 am

SasserAssassin wrote:
JSF Ghost wrote:

ranked games are kids that cant take losses and then talk sh!t cause there online warriors.

If you play online you are an online warrior. If this isnt the case, stay on franchise mode. I dont play on unranked games because i want my wins and losses to count. Ranked players are going hard to get that win. I like playing an opponent that is going all out to beat me, he knows that if i win, its recorded, its a loss he has to see every time he logs online. I welcome all the antics. I stay true to my game either way and end it in a "Good game" win or lose.

Anyways, we are off topic. Lets contribute to the thread. I respect your opinion and i will stand by mine.
Back to top Go down
SasserAssassin

SasserAssassin

PostSubject: Re: Official Madden 13 Suggestion Thread   Official Madden 13 Suggestion Thread EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 4:27 am

JSF Ghost wrote:
SasserAssassin wrote:
JSF Ghost wrote:

If you play online you are an online warrior. If this isnt the case, stay on franchise mode. I dont play on unranked games because i want my wins and losses to count. Ranked players are going hard to get that win. I like playing an opponent that is going all out to beat me, he knows that if i win, its recorded, its a loss he has to see every time he logs online. I welcome all the antics. I stay true to my game either way and end it in a "Good game" win or lose.

Anyways, we are off topic. Lets contribute to the thread. I respect your opinion and i will stand by mine.

online warriors are kids that talk a lot of crap and act like there tuff.
and ranked alot of people dont really try and just pull alot of bs.
if your ok with that thats all you but i for sure hate it.
if you wanna play when m12 drops ill play just not ranked
Back to top Go down
JSF Ghost

JSF Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Official Madden 13 Suggestion Thread   Official Madden 13 Suggestion Thread EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 4:36 am

SasserAssassin wrote:
JSF Ghost wrote:
SasserAssassin wrote:
JSF Ghost wrote:

online warriors are kids that talk a lot of crap and act like there tuff.
and ranked alot of people dont really try and just pull alot of bs.
if your ok with that thats all you but i for sure hate it.
if you wanna play when m12 drops ill play just not ranked

I respect that. Cool.
Back to top Go down
SasserAssassin

SasserAssassin

PostSubject: Re: Official Madden 13 Suggestion Thread   Official Madden 13 Suggestion Thread EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 4:38 am

Back to top Go down
grimmagician87

grimmagician87

PostSubject: Re: Official Madden 13 Suggestion Thread   Official Madden 13 Suggestion Thread EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 10:49 am

any ways i was thinking that a good way to compensate for having a full or partial playbook to use when your are calling the plays at the line in my previosly posted "Muddle", before ghost and assassain compared sizes jk, is to have the play that is called with the full playbooks take time to call... maybe 9 seconds or so... teams wont be able to abuse it by adjusting to mutiple plays at the line but still can dictate to tempo of the game to the defense.. the defense can have the same playbook and have it be the same way ... also have a QBs awarness or something decide how long it takes to call the play...

still think that subtitutions should be made first before a play or formation is chosen but i understand too that this will change the way anyone plays madden and will take some time to get used to but EA is trying to stay true to the game and what better way to do that than ad another layer of strategy to the playcalling .. one that coordinators all the way down to pee wee debate over.. who to sub ,, when..
anyways let me know what you guys think... any suggs welcome.
matt
Back to top Go down
SaintsG0Marchin'In

PostSubject: Re: Official Madden 13 Suggestion Thread   Official Madden 13 Suggestion Thread EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 6:19 pm

We finally got the custom playbook feature which is nice, shame it wasn't in place for online games from the beginning like it should have been. Anyway we now need to be able to choose our own formation audibles also. If the madden 12 custom playbook feature is like ncaa 12 the only real way to choose your own formation audibles is to limit yourself to 4 plays within that formation and even then sometimes that won't even work because one of the audibles will be empty. I love finally having the ability to run the plays i want to run now let's try to expand that to allow us to choose the plays WITHIN the plays we want to run.
Back to top Go down
ZAN

ZAN

PostSubject: Re: Official Madden 13 Suggestion Thread   Official Madden 13 Suggestion Thread EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 6:15 pm

I don't want to come off as cocky, but JSF...the best players utilize playmakers on defense. I bet you never thought of this:

You use Ed Reed all game, or so you say. So, regardless of playcall, spy him. Put him in a QB spy. That way, when the ball is snapped, you don't get Reed lurching forward/backwards based off your playcall. Example would be your basic 3-4 Cover 3 in which Reed occupies the center third of the field, or as some analysts call it: centerfield. Now, say your opponent comes out in I-Form Pro, and has been mixing run/pass well. You think he MAY be in a pass...which is the reason you called Cover 3 to begin with. But say he audibles to HB Power O and runs the ball on you. By default, when your defenders are in zone, they will drop on the snap before realizing run (which is why the best players play more man than zone in Madden).

The QB spy doesn't move. So you are usering Ed Reed. Why not QB spy him? If it's a pass, you know your responsibility anyways to get to your deep third, if it's a run, your FS hasn't flinched backwards on the snap. The best part...if the QB takes off and you're out of position, the D assist button will have him break down to get the QB, whereas if you were in zone, Reed would drop back even with Tebow/Vick/Newton breaking the pocket.

This is just one of many examples of advanced skill tactics. Stock plays work to a degree...but run them over and over without anything intricate, and most good tournament players (such as the guys at C4) will be able to exploit them with their money plays, regardless how well you mix them up.

Welcome to MaddenBible, by the way. cheers
Back to top Go down
Tyler1281

Tyler1281

PostSubject: Re: Official Madden 13 Suggestion Thread   Official Madden 13 Suggestion Thread EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 7:15 pm

ZAN wrote:
I don't want to come off as cocky, but JSF...the best players utilize playmakers on defense. I bet you never thought of this:

You use Ed Reed all game, or so you say. So, regardless of playcall, spy him. Put him in a QB spy. That way, when the ball is snapped, you don't get Reed lurching forward/backwards based off your playcall. Example would be your basic 3-4 Cover 3 in which Reed occupies the center third of the field, or as some analysts call it: centerfield. Now, say your opponent comes out in I-Form Pro, and has been mixing run/pass well. You think he MAY be in a pass...which is the reason you called Cover 3 to begin with. But say he audibles to HB Power O and runs the ball on you. By default, when your defenders are in zone, they will drop on the snap before realizing run (which is why the best players play more man than zone in Madden).

The QB spy doesn't move. So you are usering Ed Reed. Why not QB spy him? If it's a pass, you know your responsibility anyways to get to your deep third, if it's a run, your FS hasn't flinched backwards on the snap. The best part...if the QB takes off and you're out of position, the D assist button will have him break down to get the QB, whereas if you were in zone, Reed would drop back even with Tebow/Vick/Newton breaking the pocket.

This is just one of many examples of advanced skill tactics. Stock plays work to a degree...but run them over and over without anything intricate, and most good tournament players (such as the guys at C4) will be able to exploit them with their money plays, regardless how well you mix them up.

great post i totally agree you have to put him in a spy its a lot more practical and easier to make plays... you can move him any where you want when the ball is snapped it takes too much time if you dont,... if he's in a spy its a lot quicker.... its more accessible too
Back to top Go down
JSF Ghost

JSF Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Official Madden 13 Suggestion Thread   Official Madden 13 Suggestion Thread EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 3:03 am

ZAN wrote:

Thanks for the tip.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Madden 13 Suggestion Thread   Official Madden 13 Suggestion Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Official Madden 13 Suggestion Thread
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next